Geno

JETSY14

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

It's been one drive lol.  We'll see.  But if it's taken Geno 8 yrs and being on 4 different NFL organizations to figure 'it' out, not sure that's on the NYJ.

Did you see the team geno had? It was def the jets not doing him any favors...geno has a team around him now. Lookmsure he grew but he was set up for failure here. Pete was also terible for the jets but now is a great coach crazy

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

This is the oddest victory lap thread in JN history.

I was told a few weeks ago “there are no Geno defenders left” when I predicted this exact scenario. It’s going to be fun to tag and shame all the Genoids who re-emerged like earthworms after rain when he played a nice half of football after sucking at the sport for 9 years. This is why you never listen to the “stop beating a dead horse he’s not even on the team anymore!” crew. 

Oh, and for those who keep repeating that he has “matured,” feast your eyes:

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Geno played well. Both defenses ramped it up in the second half. Not sure that a 64 yard FG is better than RW on 4th and 5 with 3 TOs left. Geno was pretty poised in his interview and said all the right things. "they wrote me off but I a'int write back" was a good line. I heard an interview back early in training camps with a Seattle player when everyone assumed Lock would win and the guy said that they love Geno. Kind of showed tonight. Will he be some Cinderella story? Probably not but I have to admit I enjoyed watching it. Never hated Geno. The broadcast was so prepared and expecting the triumphant Wilson returns story but they got Geno instead :)

Geno was fine. He game managed and avoided stupid turnovers.  Carroll knew how to exactly game plan Russell Wilson and for whatever reason the broncos seem determined to play Gordon over Javonte Williams 

AFC West is surprisingly not good this year so Geno might have a shot at the playoffs 

Geno was never going to work out here. He was too immature and undisciplined to lead a franchise.

Geno deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it and developing into a capable backup and now serviceable starter in the NFL. He wouldn't be the first Qb to have this sort of trajectory. 

Both things can be true.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Geno was never going to work out here. He was too immature and undisciplined to lead a franchise.

Geno deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it and developing into a capable backup and now serviceable starter in the NFL. He wouldn't be the first Qb to have this sort of trajectory. 

Both things can be true.

I wasn't a fan of Geno while he was here but I'm kind of rooting for him now.  I agree he deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it and making something of himself.  That's admirable. 

And he seemed humble after the win.  Thanked his teammates, Seahawk fans, and talked about how it was another day in his blessed life.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Geno was drafted in 2011, so are we now saying we want to give drafted QB's 11 years to show they have something, and then declare them good after 1 good game and 10 years of sh*t?

He sat behind Eli Rivers and Wilson  for the majority of those years and didn't get a chance to play. 

Obviously you don't know football too well if you think he played like sh*t for 10 years meanwhile he was a backup.  Another delusional Jet fan. 

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

He sat behind Eli Rivers and Wilson  for the majority of those years and didn't get a chance to play. 

Obviously you don't know football too well if you think he played like sh*t for 10 years meanwhile he was a backup.  Another delusional Jet fan. 

Wait - do you actually think we should have kept Geno all these years?

I thought we were all just ******* around, mostly with @jgb (WHO CAN SUCK EGGS BECAUSE GENO IS ELITE).

Real feeling is that Geno did get a bit of a rough shake here, but not so rough that his early career would have been much different.

Happy he's having success, but he's always been capable of putting together good portions or games - doing it on the regular is what he was never able to do.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

Wait - do you actually think we should have kept Geno all these years?

I thought we were all just ******* around, mostly with @jgb (WHO CAN SUCK EGGS BECAUSE GENO IS ELITE).

Real feeling is that Geno did get a bit of a rough shake here, but not so rough that his early career would have been much different.

Happy he's having success, but he's always been capable of putting together good portions or games - doing it on the regular is what he was never able to do.

Geno would have gotten a great chance in 2015 with a nice veteran laden roster, including a good OL and good WRs/running backs. 

Unfortunately, he was too immature (or whatever) to pay a teammate back 500(?) bucks and got his jaw broken. That was on him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Geno would have gotten a great chance in 2015 with a nice veteran laden roster, including a good OL and good WRs/running backs. 

Unfortunately, he was too immature (or whatever) to pay a teammate back 500(?) bucks and got his jaw broken. That was on him. 

He is still that immature