Geno

JETSY14

56 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

It's been one drive lol.  We'll see.  But if it's taken Geno 8 yrs and being on 4 different NFL organizations to figure 'it' out, not sure that's on the NYJ.

He looks pretty good, 17-10.

He also matured as a person, from an immature 22 year old to a legit QB.   

Good for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Good for him.

Wait - I am confused; I was told directly that a 22-24 year old isn't a kid and can't make mistakes and then mature. I was also told on this site that if a QB doesn't play like a champ in their 1st season they will always be a bust. I was also told that the team doesn't matter as the QB elevates the team not the other way around.

Are you guys telling me that the know-it-alls here are wrong? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The hate Geno gets from Jets fan is hilarious.  He played with terrible weapons, and way too early since he was coming from a spread system.

Carved out a nice career for himself.

Didn’t get a ton of chances once he left the Jets but played well when he did.  Should have started    ahead of Eli when he was with the Giants (and the coaches knew it.)

Keep hearing he’s such a horrible guy.  As a borderline roster guy and backup QB I doubt he would have stuck around if he was as terrible as some Jets fans definitively proclaim.

Glad to see him balling.  Hope he can keep it going.  Great story.  

As a Jets fan it doesn’t actually “hurt” if he does well.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, jNYC1 said:

The hate Geno gets from Jets fan is hilarious.  He played with terrible weapons, and way too early since he was coming from a spread system.

Carved out a nice career for himself.

Didn’t get a ton of chances once he left the Jets but played well when he did.  Should have started    ahead of Eli when he was with the Giants (and the coaches knew it.)

Keep hearing he’s such a horrible guy.  As a borderline roster guy and backup QB I doubt he would have stuck around if he was as terrible as some Jets fans definitively proclaim.

Glad to see him balling.  Hope he can keep it going.  Great story.  

As a Jets fan it doesn’t actually “hurt” if he does well.  

Geno is the truth! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Wait - I am confused; I was told directly that a 22-24 year old isn't a kid and can't make mistakes and then mature. I was also told on this site that if a QB doesn't play like a champ in their 1st season they will always be a bust. I was also told that the team doesn't matter as the QB elevates the team not the other way around.

Football is the only endeavor in life where people can’t get better. Do your research 

16 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Or don’t be such a gullible dolt and never fully believe what the sophists on this board claim. 

10 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Don't forget that the Seahawks have a competent  coach

No. We fired that same idiot after one season due to The Spike Play in ‘94 so as to hire the offensive genius playoff coach that is Richard Kotite 

Carroll the HC = Geno the QB in their respective journeys after being NY Jets. Lol

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We totally should’ve devoted 9 years to end up with uh *checks notes* present day Geno Smith…

Yes, my criticism the Jets’ horrible approach to quarterback development means I think they should’ve spent nine years on Geno Smith.

I love it when the narrative the NFL wants to push doesn’t stick and they’re completely dumbfounded on the content for commentators to Yap about. 

Joe Suck is shocked that he’s talking about Geno Smith and Seattle instead of the return of Russell Wilson exacting and dominating in his return revenge game. Lol 

Really happy geno is having a good first half I like to see guys get second chances. I hope he keeps it up I don't have any regrets on this he simply wasn't good when he was playing for us if he matured up while bouncing around in the NFL then I am proud of him and wish him nothing but the best as we both hopefully move in better directions apart

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Geno Smith plays hard. Flacco plays soft. Streveler plays hard. Zach plays hard. Flacco plays soft and has no business being a starting QB in this league anymore. He's a place holder - not even a backup. 

Geno does play hard - he's not always successful but his effort is there.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Can we trade back for Darnold and sit him for the next 4 years and try this 9 year development thing?

I thought that’s what we were doing with 

Brett Favre, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, and now Joe Flacco, no? 

they all sucked when young and we had them as our starting QB after to 9+year development thing.

45 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Good for him.

Makes you wonder if we are throwing these young adults into the fire too soon. Geno clearly needed to sit.

Zach might be in the same boat. Talented kid that may need time. Im impatient though. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Makes you wonder if we are throwing these young adults into the fire too soon. Geno clearly needed to sit.

Zach might be in the same boat. Talented kid that may need time. Im impatient though. 

I am almost always in favor of sitting a young QB for a year, Zach included.

• Upvote 1