Starting Flacco again is Cowardly

Dcat

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

"You're gaslighting the cook, dude...."

"No, you just virtue signaling the mom and pop restaurants".

Kill me now. 

Shares -- it's how Fantasy "I'm bobby Axelrod " Twitter Personalities represent the 47 leagues they're in.... "I just sold all my shares in James Robinson..."  ... cool, how's pension looking?

Anyway it's now just used inppapriotely -- Sammy sees 38% target share from A Rod... Hmm, i'm pretty sure Sammy sees 38% of targets says the same fcking thing, only minus the Knitted Sweater. 

Ah, yes. One of my hobbies is sports betting. While I understand that they are 'markets', these touts and grifters disguised as handicappers want so badly to be commodity traders or think they're starting in Boiler Room. 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're talking about less than half a percent of the cap. There is no mandate. Stop making crap up.

JD signed Flacco it's in JD's interest to make that signing work 

Just like if Flacco was somehow amazing (ha), they'd bench him when Zach comes back 

no matter what 

because Zach got 24 million dollars and Flacco only got 3. 

the days when HCs could set the lineups over the GMs wishes went away decades ago 

one thing we don't know is maybe JD and Saleh are in lock step over this - maybe they both agree Flacco is the better choice and there's no conflict. We don't really know what they think 

judging by draft night videos these two tend to sniff their own farts so they probably in agreement 

Just now, bitonti said:

JD signed Flacco it's in JD's interest to make that signing work 

Just like if Flacco was somehow amazing (ha), they'd bench him when Zach comes back 

no matter what 

because Zach got 24 million dollars and Flacco only got 3. 

the days when HCs could set the lineups over the GMs wishes went away decades ago 

one thing we don't know is maybe JD and Saleh are in lock step over this - maybe they both agree Flacco is the better choice and there's no conflict. We don't really know what they think 

judging by draft night videos these two tend to sniff their own farts so they probably in agreement 

Who signed Mike White?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Really.  If he starts Flacco, Saleh will demonstrate that he has no balls.   Starting Flacco again is the worst freaking thing he can do to this franchise this week.  Start one of the kids.  Flacco should not even be on this young team. For that, I blame Joe Douglas.  Bad decision Joe.  Really bad.

You need more proof that he has no balls?

The only chance the Jets has that Flacco does not start is that he gets injuredm which is not unlikely considering the OL play. 

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who signed Mike White?

the same guy who gave Flacco almost double Mike White's salary 

JD's contracts set the pecking order. Saleh can't override JD. 

ive said this about 5x in this thread i'll say it again: in the NFL contracts dictate playing time. 

Everyone knows this is the case. 

37 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

If I never hear 'triggered' again it will be too soon. 

This steak sucks.

You sound triggered

Nope. The steak sucks. 

Funny you should say this.  Meet Trigger:

43350153_10157926988176562_1561507730659

Sweetest dog ever.  I love getting 'Triggered'.  It's a good thing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Remember White against the Bills? 

Joe Flacco last won a game on 10/13/2019. 

Joe Flacco has won ZERO games for the New York Jets.

Mike White is 1-4 and is an unknown. Flacco is a known. He is no longer capable of winning football games. His record of 2-12 over four years and zero win over six Jets starts is all we need to know about the old statue. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh: Hey JD - I think I'm going to start Mike White this week. Flacco is looking a little long in the tooth and I think White can give us a spark to help us win and get to .500

JD That's cute Steroid Pinocchio but we're spending ... << pulls up spreadsheet with player salaries and finds QBs>> almost $1 million more in cap space on my boy Flacco. That's almost half a percent of our total salary cap. 

Saleh: wolf of wall street omg GIF

Saleh: So you are more concerned with less than half a percent of our salary cap than our chances at winning?

JD: Figure it out - Woody doesn't like seeing wasted cap space whether we're 2-15 or 15-2.

nah - not a thing. you're making it up.

Totally. 1 or 2 million at the QB position is peanuts and has absolutely nothing to do with this. This is ridiculous and that is saying something around here

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

Totally. 1 or 2 million at the QB position is peanuts and had absolutely nothing to do with this. This is ridiculous and that is saying something around here

I thought so.  It made zero sense from the beginning and even less after @bitonti tried to explain it.   @bitonti lives in a psychedelic world.

5 hours ago, football guy said:

I was there live and have re-watched the offense twice since. As much as Flacco pisses me off he wasn't the reason they lost. When the pocket was clean he did everything the offense asked of him, minus that horrific INT. Where he struggled most was under pressure. 

Flacco was under pressure for 19 of his 59 drop backs, and in those drop backs his average time to throw was 3.44 seconds. His average time to throw on the rest? 2.19 seconds. 

Naturally, the throws he was kept clean on where the ones designed in the short portions of the field. The passes that were designed in the intermediate-deep portion of the field require more time to develop, but the second Flacco faced some pressure he didn't stand a chance and held onto the ball for too long. He only completed 5 of 19 passes under pressure. 

The truth is I think its hard to say Mike White would do any better. It's not like Flacco was inaccurate - he was immobile - which is the same case for Mike White. Whether its Flacco or White, the QB needs to get the ball out of his hands, and while it pains me to see him be a statue in there, the coaching staff needs to create a game plan that is predicated on getting the ball out quickly and into the hands of their playmakers. There are tons of creative ways to do that, as we saw last year, so why they would depart from it is beyond me. 

When Zach does come back, they can "reopen" the offense to attack downfield more consistently. Under then, they need to keep it short and quick with the occasional deep concepts off play-action. 

White is the master of the 5 yard bomb.  Bomb them to death Mikey.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, section314 said:

To be honest, from what little we’ve seen so far from this staff, do you trust their belief in anything?

I trust no one until they have proven that trust is justified. Default position is everyone sucks associated with the NYJ.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think Saleh has an insane loyalty to some veterans which is bizarre considering how young the roster is.

Big litmus test for this will be how they use Garrett Wilson going forward. The guy has stud potential written all over him, but they have to put him on the field all day long and leave him there. Saleh has already been questioned about not using him enough, let's see him swallow his pride and get the talented rookie more reps. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Big litmus test for this will be how they use Garrett Wilson going forward. The guy has stud potential written all over him, but they have to put him on the field all day long and leave him there. Saleh has already been questioned about not using him enough, let's see him swallow his pride and get the talented rookie more reps. 

He could easily be the best player on this team.  Along with sauce.  Saleh needs to think very quickly about balancing the whole play veterans to win vs play the best players.  

• Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. Those two guys ooze talent. 

Yet gardener is playing every snap while wilson is not.  Then davis drops a pass and cager gets a penalty.  Play your best players.  You took the guy with the 10th pick in the draft and he looks like a future star.  Your team cannot score points.  Create a game plan to get the ball to moore, wilson and hall.  And berrios, he can ball too.  They don’t need to beat cleveland to shut people up, they need to score touchdowns, get first downs and get on the fing red zone channel.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet gardener is playing every snap while wilson is not.  Then davis drops a pass and cager gets a penalty.  Play your best players.  You took the guy with the 10th pick in the draft and he looks like a future star.  Your team cannot score points.  Create a game plan to get the ball to moore, wilson and hall.  And berrios, he can ball too.  They don’t need to beat cleveland to shut people up, they need to score touchdowns, get first downs and get on the fing red zone channel.  

Agreed. 

Garrett Wilson is a guy who should get multiple screen passes per game, if nothing else. Probably an end-around, as well. 

I think Corey Davis has an important role on this offense, but he's not a number 1 option and it's weird to me that they just pretend he is. He was the third option on the Titans, and ideally, he would be a third option here behind Moore and Wilson. 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

Garrett Wilson is a guy who should get multiple screen passes per game, if nothing else. Probably an end-around, as well. 

I think Corey Davis has an important role on this offense, but he's not a number 1 option and it's weird to me that they just pretend he is. He was the third option on the Titans, and ideally, he would be a third option here behind Moore and Wilson. 

I think berrios is better than he is.  Plus you signed 2 TEs and drafted one.  Use them as blockers and receivers, that’s why they were signed.  Davis should not be a focal point.  

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think berrios is better than he is.  Plus you signed 2 TEs and drafted one.  Use them as blockers and receivers, that’s why they were signed.  Davis should not be a focal point.  

Berrios is the 4th best wr on the team can we stop this. If he didn't return kicks and punts he probably isn't in the nfl