Fant to IR

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Hoping he is back for MIami and we only have one week of McDermott.

Ya know I really, really hope Brown plays this season for us. He would be an upgrade. …But he went on short time IR in an attempt to see if time and PT would allow him to play and the Doctors were already recommending season ending surgery on his shoulder initially so…not so sure. 

and as far as believing Saleh in injuries…nah. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Going on IR on a contract year is pretty much the worst decision a player can make.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Putting your body and reputation on the line trying to play through an injury when your team doesn’t want to pay you is worse.

Fant has enough film from last year showing what he can do when healthy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I don’t think anybody can disagree that a pro bowl LT coming back from an injury is a massive upgrade over Conor McDermott 

We’ll find out eventually, I guess. If he decides it’s worth his while to hurry back. 
Those Giant 1st rounders guys were laughing at last night are looking a lot better than what we have right now though.

I’d take Thomas over anything we have in a second. Neal also.

The one question I have is how bad was Fant’s knee entering the season?

If the FO knew it was still shaky and could impact his performance (I mean he’s not the same guy), then why the hell didn’t we use some of the Mosley savings and sign someone earlier like I suggested at the time.  

I’m a believer in JD but both Becton & Fant entered this season as what now seems clear as injuries waiting to happen.  We should have had a plan that had Fant start the year on IR and Conor McDermott as a Patriot.  Thank the Lord Mitchell is a revelation.

Message board fans should not be able to see things more clearly than our GM.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1