Zach Wilson cleared by doctors, starting Sunday

Rhg1084

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I believe a lot of fans on this board expect Zach to fail, so they secretly hope he fails, so they can brag 'I told you so', rather than be happy that they're eating crow, as a true fan would be.  You know how I know this?  Because when Zach does something well, they try to play it down.  We need to rename this place "Jets non-fan-forum".

A true Jets fan would have volunteered themselves as a human sacrifice to the football gods.   This entire place is made up of fake fans.  You know how I know this.  The dead voices howl in the wind they aren't writting posts.  You're a diseased fraud.  

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Something that seems to get lost on people, and maybe it should be made explicit here.  You can, in fact, root for someone, and make jokes about him on the internet.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Sure..

but there are CLEARLY plenty of fans on this forum that are hoping Zach Wilson fails.

That are more excited about his failures than any positives.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

What’s actually clear is that you’re not able to distinguish between wanting Zach to fail and having given up hope on him (and perhaps the Jets too), and just laughing about the situation.

I don’t know if you realize this, but this is a hobby… it’s supposed to be fun.  We’re all addicted and should have walked away years ago from this franchise as they’ve provided almost no return on the investment of our time and energy.  Continuing to support this team is completely illogical because they just aren’t enjoyable.  So, one way people do take enjoyment in things is to laugh, and the Jets, and your binky, Zach Wilson, have, at the very least, given us a lot to laugh about.  It’s not that they want failure, it’s that they expect it, and are making the best of it.

Great Post & Points

Unfortunately, this is the big and hidden TRUTH for many posters out here!!!

And why folks are given a wide latitude here.........

Oh Boy... Let's Go Jets!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, fullblast said:

?

“He’s hard to throw the ball to” because “he’s hard to stay in front of”?

What does this even mean?

GW gets too much separation, runs too fast?  He’s too open?

They don’t have a playbook where Kapono knows what route GW is supposed to be running?

I mean WT…

This is gonna be ugly, boys and girls 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Prove it.  Name names and provide evidence.

Also, I don’t think you know what self-righteous means, because that post, that ain’t it.

I've been through this countless times already - go find this list if you're interested.  There are simply people here that are so dug in - that, on Sunday, I can assure you, they will be rooting against Zach - not a majority, not even a large minority, but a handful - and it's obvious.  

As I've also stated, I have no problem if that's your choice - but I will simply call it out.  You have every right to cheer or root for whoever you want.  
You say you're not rooting against him, I believe you.  Just not sure why you have to speak for everyone else.

This was CLEARLY your post - Self Righteous was a perfect fit:

self-right·eous

/ˌself ˈrīCHəs/

adjective

having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

"self-righteous indignation and complacency"

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I've been through this countless times already - go find this list if you're interested.  There are simply people here that are so dug in - that, on Sunday, I can assure you, they will be rooting against Zach - not a majority, not even a large minority, but a handful - and it's obvious.  

As I've also stated, I have no problem if that's your choice - but I will simply call it out.  You have every right to cheer or root for whoever you want.  
You say you're not rooting against him, I believe you.  Just not sure why you have to speak for everyone else.

self-right·eous

/ˌself ˈrīCHəs/

adjective

having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

100% true.  Majority of this board hates, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Jeff Ulbrich and Zach Wilson.  You think they are going to be happy when they succeed?

Watch how even more angry and miserable this board becomes when the winning starts.  And that is happening soon.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure..

but there are CLEARLY plenty of fans on this forum that are hoping Zach Wilson fails.

That are more excited about his failures than any positives.

Probably true, but that's not to say that there are legit criticisms of ZW.

I'm not optimistic about him at all, but I hope he does well on Sunday.

1 hour ago, xJayce said:

I don't even care how he looks on Sunday. I just want to see him play. And not get killed because of ol' 'Turnstile' McDermott... 

He will suck as he does and the excuses will come on tap.

The line sucks, LeFleur didn't call good plays.  It was raining out.  Zach was having a bad hair day. Etc...

And the Jets were two ridiculous wins away from getting Trevor Lawrence.

And the good news.  It does look like JD has the chops to build a team that competes from year to year.

It will be up to him to draft the right QB next year and hire the right HC after Saleh gets canned.  That will probably be at the conclusion of the 2023 season. 

Just now, TheClashFan said:

Probably true, but that's not to say that there are legit criticisms of ZW.

I'm not optimistic about him at all, but I hope he does well on Sunday.

Completely agree.  I challenge and have clallegend anyone to find anyone on this board - anyone - that said Zach had a good year last year.  Or anyone that doesn't agree he was mostly bad.

Criticism is entirely warranted.  

Personally, I saw marked improvement in the last quarter of the season and this off-season.  I have high hopes and expectations but don't expect anyone else to.

But to tell me there aren't people so dug in on they're here hoping he fails - is just wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What did the Jets have to do with his Dolphins comment?  Wrong as they were?

I thought this was a Jets forum, sorry 

Next time, I’ll copy and paste a reply to JWN’s post into a message board somewhere dedicated to Jet fans trying to dis the 3-0 Dolphins

Besides, to answer your question, his concluding point was the Dolphins aren’t actually good and that the Jets will overtake 1st place by beating them in week 5

So yeah, the idea that the Jets will beat the Dolphins involves the Jets

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

100% true.  Majority of this board hates, Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Jeff Ulbrich and Zach Wilson.  You think they are going to be happy when they succeed?

Watch how even more angry and miserable this board becomes when the winning starts.  And that is happening soon.

You know what I find most comical about this..

There are more people ALREADY complaining about the excuses Jet fans are going to make about Zach failing - before he's even played - than there are people actually hoping he performs well.

Again, to each his own - but it's just must be sad to live like that.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You know what I find most comical about this..

There are more people ALREADY complaining about the excuses Jet fans are going to make about Zach failing - before he's even played - than there are people actually hoping he performs well.

Again, to each his own - but it's just must be sad to live like that.

Ive coined this fanbase "diseased" for a reason.  I did not just pull that out of thin air.  Its really sad and true.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

self-right·eous

/ˌself ˈrīCHəs/

adjective

You’re the one claiming to be a mind-reader.  I’m claiming you’re not and that everyone here is rooting for the Jets, even if they make jokes about them.

Am I being condescending to you?  Sure thing I am.  Your thesis is actually self-righteous as you’ve decided your way of being a fan is in fact superior.  So, I’ve no issue being condescending to someone acting that way.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What a witty response.  Just make sh*t up.  I mean good for you I guess.

You're clearly very mature and more than capable of an honest discourse.  

EY, who is a friggin therapist in real life mind you, gave you a well thought out answer and you dismissed it out of hand, then called him "self-righteous".  Not even close, but whatever you need to tell yourself to make you believe there are people rooting against your boy left and right.

So this was me sticking up for him like you defend Zach.  Way to show your true colors on this one in the process.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

He will suck as he does and the excuses will come on tap.

The line sucks, LeFleur didn't call good plays.  It was raining out.  Zach was having a bad hair day. Etc...

And the Jets were two ridiculous wins away from getting Trevor Lawrence.

And the good news.  It does look like JD has the chops to build a team that competes from year to year.

It will be up to him to draft the right QB next year and hire the right HC after Saleh gets canned.  That will probably be at the conclusion of the 2023 season. 

Can we, maybe, give him 3-4 games this season before deciding he's done?