Take the Zach hate and stick it

I've been on the fence about Zach for some time, and still am. 

Was he good at the end? Yes, but he HAS to play better through an entire 4 quarters and consistently. 

We wont win games against better teams like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol why do we need these threads, in either direction?  Zach mostly sucked today, until he had a few nice moments.  Can't we all just be happy we won?  Zach might still be a Danny Dimes clone.  But we won.  And it feels great.

Squish the fish.

Who is Danny Dimes?

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I've been on the fence about Zach for some time, and still am. 

Was he good at the end? Yes, but he HAS to play better through an entire 4 quarters and consistently. 

We wont win games against better teams like this.

He also needs a better line and less predictable play calling, but agreed otherwise

• Upvote 2

Give the state of his OL, and the fact that he was pressured on nearly half of his dropbacks, I would give him a lot more credit than some of you are.  If we can ever get that line fixed, and we stop with the bad drops and penalties that aren't on him, he'll probably be absolutely fine and put up all of the sexy stats some of you are so ready to flambee him over.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He had better stats than josh Allen and Lamar Jackson today 

First game in after 8 weeks off with a high school OL

10 pt comeback on the road in Pittsburg 

what the hell more do you want??

two more consecutive wins

• Upvote 2

Look I have zero issue if a Jet fan says “Look I’m not sold on Zach being the guy but damn he really stepped up in crunch time when we needed it and im happy we won”.  I think most have done that but there are certain people who refuse to give the kid any credit/positive outlook even for a day  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Give the state of his OL, and the fact that he was pressured on nearly half of his dropbacks, I would give him a lot more credit than some of you are.  If we can ever get that line fixed, and we stop with the bad drops and penalties that aren't on him, he'll probably be absolutely fine and put up all of the sexy stats some of you are so ready to flambee him over.  

Look at Mahomes in the SB down 2 tackles 

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Its called growth.  

And? 

Today wasnt growth for Zach. If you think so, its fools gold. He made many many many of the same mistakes he made last season. 

It will be growth when he plays a solid 4 quarters. 

• Thumb Down 1

Folks, considering the condition of the offensive line, Zach played as well as can be expected. Once the Oline can open more holes for our running game he will get more opportunities to show off his arm.
One thing for certain, if Joe starts today we lose for sure. Zach’s ability to scramble kept many drives going. I would also like to point out how he was smart enough this week to throw the ball out of bounds when the play wasn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Overall he played a gritty game on the road with no offensive line 

better stats than two MVP QBs today 

So wait.  We champion 250yds 50% completion and 1 TD 2 INTs?  I’m sorry but I’m realistic and he did not play a good game today.  He made plays at the end but overall it wasn’t a good performance.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Look at Mahomes in the SB down 2 tackles 

LOL the Mormon Mahomes comps are back! ?

Wilson’s INTs today were:

1) back foot floater thrown up for grabs

2) air-mailed dump off to TE

He had plenty of time to throw on both.

Whats your excuse for the quick WR screen he missed by literally 5 yards

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

So wait.  We champion 250yds 50% completion and 1 TD 2 INTs?  I’m sorry but I’m realistic and he did not play a good game today.  He made plays at the end but overall it wasn’t a good performance.  

No we champion winning games. He played winning football and led a 10 point comeback on the road. Not every week will have pretty stats, especially coming off an 8 week layoff with your 5th/6th string tackles playing. This isn’t fantasy football.