Jet fans have gone from "Fire Everyone" to "The window to win a Super Bowl in now".

Just now, NIGHT STALKER said:

They're not winning a SB this year or probably next year, but we're making strides.  When they learn to string 4 quarters together like they've been doing in the 3rd and 4th quarters, we can start dreaming about a SB.  It's coming...just not yet.

I knew when we couldn’t move the ball and it was halftime that you guys were going to win.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Instead of more of the same extreme hyperbolic "generational", "disease", "awesome for decades" etc. schtick, combined with the usual endless complaining about our fans, maybe YOU should just enjoy the winning.

Most of us out here are enjoying it just fine.  We don't really need or want you to tell us how to do it.

See this is what I mean. 

He isn’t telling anyone how to enjoy anything he’s just happy about the results.

So you feel the need to discipline the guy for being overly happy why don’t you just agree with them and be happy?

Good article on ESPN about Wilson struggling to learn the Shanahan O in Denver with Elway and Jake Plummer talking about how intricate and challenging it is to put it all together.  Then Stink had some commentary about how the O lineman steps and leverage changes immensely if the d moves as little as a few inches from where they were set and having to know all of the various changes and placements on the fly, perfect, and once you do it's a thing of beauty.

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Jet fans.........................R-E-L-A-X

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

312117207_10163372597620898_2697362718882133912_n.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i said the same thing about the SB window.

my whole point was if Zach at the end of this year is still putting up 55% comp and 10-15 TDs then we cant give him 2023 cause if were wrong then we just wasted another year with a talented team.

and if Zach is good then we have to pay him 50 mil in 2025. along with around 20 mil each for Hall , Sause  and GW. with AVT getting top OL money at the end of 2024. 

we cant keep them all otherwise we will be having Will Parks and Jeff Smiths in our starting lineup. by 2025

and my guess is QW signs a big money contract that ends just in time to sign those 2025 FAs. so if your waiting till then to make your SB run it will have to be without him.

if Zach is good this year then great, its SB or bust for 2023-2025. if not bring in a vet and its SB or bust for 2023-2025

2023-2025 is our window.

Exactly.  People need to start examining Wilson honestly and stop hero worshiping him.... the last thing the franchise should do is waste their window making excuses for a below average QB....could care less if we win a SB with Zach or Jimmy G.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Speak for yourself hombre. CIN went to the SB in year 2 with Burrow, We've got as good a roster as they did, better on Defense actually. 

So you can take that Gandalf pipe-smoking hobbit treatment elsewhere....

I want it all. 

I know you're kidding, but the Bengals had the stars align.  What are the odd KC and Buffalo meet in the divisional round again?

We have a 1/1000 shot to upset KC and 1/100,000 shot to upset Buffalo.  

The Jets somehow need KC to beat the Bills for us and then have the game of our lives to beat KC in KC.  

I'm not sure they can even come close to doing either until Zach becomes the guy that you win "because of"  

Hopefully in year 3 or 4. 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yes i am aiming it at all the sad sacks that have nothing good to say about my team. Sad sacks, doubting peters, bonnie beatenwifes, debbie downers etc. they all need my help. 

Like I said, incessantly negative, rude and intolerant of anyone less homer than himself.  

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

See this is what I mean. 

He isn’t telling anyone how to enjoy anything....

Actually, that is the entire content of his post.  

I never pegged you as a reading comprehension guy HP.

You also weren't always such a Fan hater by my memory.

/shrug.

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Exactly.  People need to start examining Wilson honestly and stop hero worshiping him.... the last thing the franchise should do is waste their window making excuses for a below average QB....could care less if we win a SB with Zach or Jimmy G.

meanwhile in NE Mac outplayed Zach last year as a rookie and now they have Zappe who is outplaying Zach after just 2 starts. but if Zach puts up Mark Sanchez numbers this year were supposed to give him year 3 cause there is a 0.1% chance, he could be Josh Allen? what about the 99% chance he is bust like a million other 1st rd QBs who had 2 bad years.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

meanwhile in NE Mac outplayed Zach last year as a rookie and now they have Zappe who is outplaying Zach after just 2 starts. but if Zach puts up Mark Sanchez numbers this year were supposed to give him year 3 cause there is a 0.1% chance, he could be Josh Allen? what about the 99% chance he is bust like a million other 1st rd QBs who had 2 bad years.

Those are some numbers you have there. Where did you get those chances from?

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

Those are some numbers you have there. Where did you get those chances from?

research

without counting 2021 cause they havent finish there 2nd year...here are the 2nd year stats.

Burrow: good from day 1. year 2 he exploded

Tua: 67% 16 TDs 10 INT in year 2. 

Murray: 67%    26-12 TD-INT

Jones:  62%    11-10 TD-INT - dont know how he made a 4th year. 

Mayfield: 59%    22-21- real good 1st year which got him year 3.

Sam Darnold:  61% 19-13     Zach will have a hard time matching those numbers and will have one more game than Sam

Allen: 58%  20-9    the one everybody talks about. even though these are not the best numbers he did improve from year 1. upped his % by 6 points TDs by 10 and lowers his INTs by 2.

Rosen: you know the story

Lamar: 66% 36-6 

Trubinsky: 66%   24-12

Mahomes: 66%    50-12

Watson: 68%    26-9

Goff: 62%   28-7

Wentz: 60%    33-7

Winston: 60%   28-18   4,000 yds

Mariota:  61%   26-9

Bortles: 58%   35-18    4400 yds

Manziel: only played 8 career games

Bridgewater: 65%    14-9

Manuel: only played  4 games

Luck: 60%    23-9   3800 yds   PB

Tannehill: 60%  24-17   3900 yds 

i can go on and on but i think i made my point but i will just add this one last name cause i know some people love it when i compare Zach to him..

Mark Sanchez: 54%    17-13

@Jet Nut who were the plenty of QBs who had bad 2nd years and became good cause i only see Allen and his 2nd year wasnt all that bad. i see alot of bad QBs having good 2nd years.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

research

without counting 2021 cause they havent finish there 2nd year...here are the 2nd year stats.

Burrow: good from day 1. year 2 he exploded

Tua: 67% 16 TDs 10 INT in year 2. 

Murray: 67%    26-12 TD-INT

Jones:  62%    11-10 TD-INT - dont know how he made a 4th year. 

Mayfield: 59%    22-21- real good 1st year which got him year 3.

Sam Darnold:  61% 19-13     Zach will have a hard time matching those numbers and will have one more game than Sam

Allen: 58%  20-9    the one everybody talks about. even though these are not the best numbers he did improve from year 1. upped his % by 6 points TDs by 10 and lowers his INTs by 2.

Rosen: you know the story

Lamar: 66% 36-6 

Trubinsky: 66%   24-12

Mahomes: 66%    50-12

Watson: 68%    26-9

Goff: 62%   28-7

Wentz: 60%    33-7

Winston: 60%   28-18   4,000 yds

Mariota:  61%   26-9

Bortles: 58%   35-18    4400 yds

Manziel: only played 8 career games

Bridgewater: 65%    14-9

Manuel: only played  4 games

Luck: 60%    23-9   3800 yds   PB

Tannehill: 60%  24-17   3900 yds 

i can go on and on but i think i made my point but i will just add this one last name cause i know some people love it when i compare Zach to him..

Mark Sanchez: 54%    17-13

@Jet Nut who were the plenty of QBs who had bad 2nd years and became good cause i only see Allen and his 2nd year wasnt all that bad. i see alot of bad QBs having good 2nd years.

I’ll just stop at 2.  Elway & Aikman

i know it’s a popular myth around here but you’re talking a handful of QBs who have walked onto the field and excelled.  

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude give me a break.....you were two minutes away from "throwing away" your rah-rah attitude the second Wilson got injured in preseason. You got some balls to talk about histrionic behavior

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Preach GIF

• Haha 1

Yeah, I was definitely on the fire Saleh train, I can’t deny that, and I hope he keeps proving me wrong, I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong about someone. 

Now Ulbrich on the other hand, I still don’t like him and don’t think I ever will lol. 

We are not going to a super bowl that’s for sure, we’d be lucky to make it to the wildcard spot. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ll just stop at 2.  Elway & Aikman

i know it’s a popular myth around here but you’re talking a handful of QBs who have walked onto the field and excelled.  

Elway is fair. but Aikman was carried by that team.

it was a different era back then but if you look at their numbers Elway never threw more than 27 TDs and only passed 20 TDs 6 times in 15 years. now a days thats nothing. and he finish his career with a 56% comp. 

and Aikman went to a PB in 91 with 65% 11 TD and 10 INT. today thats backup QB stats. and he only threw about 20 TDs (23 in 92) just once in 11 years.

i know these guys are HOFers but there  stats today is nothing. backup QB stats. nobody is going to the PB with 11 TDs today.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

I think we can agree that Zach is going to -at a minimum- get the rest of this season as the team’s starting QB. There’s 11 games left. I don’t understand the need to have the hypothetical what if conversation now. The team has been playing better since he returned the lineup, this after missing the last few weeks of camp and the first few of the regular season. Why not wait and see how it plays out?

By the end of the year, there will be no need for the hypothetical. We’ll have a very good idea of what he is. That will be a great time to talk about replacing him or not because, again, he’s not getting replaced this year and we all know it. 

The Jets are actually winning. I know we’re usually talking about what we’re gonna do in the offseason at this time of year but, right now, I know that I’d prefer to just enjoy the unusually solid start. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I think we can agree that Zach is going to -at a minimum- get the rest of this season as the team’s starting QB. There’s 11 games left. I don’t understand the need to have the hypothetical what if conversation now. The team has been playing better since he returned the lineup, this after missing the last few weeks of camp and the first few of the regular season. Why not wait and see how it plays out?

By the end of the year, there will be no need for the hypothetical. We’ll have a very good idea of what he is. That will be a great time to talk about replacing him or not because, again, he’s not getting replaced this year and we all know it. 

The Jets are actually winning. I know we’re usually talking about what we’re gonna do in the offseason at this time of year but, right now, I know that I’d prefer to just enjoy the unusually solid start. 

he is going to get the rest of this year. but im not happy with what i see so far. 

• Haha 3

Elway is fair. but Aikman was carried by that team.

it was a different era back then but if you look at their numbers Elway never threw more than 27 TDs and only passed 20 TDs 6 times in 15 years. now a days thats nothing. and he finish his career with a 56% comp. 

and Aikman went to a PB in 91 with 65% 11 TD and 10 INT. today thats backup QB stats. and he only threw about 20 TDs (23 in 92) just once in 11 years.

i know these guys are HOFers but there  stats today is nothing. backup QB stats. nobody is going to the PB with 11 TDs today.

Aikman was carried?  Didn’t see those Cowboy teams if that’s what you’re selling.
Who cares that all QBs, across the boards had lower totals than today game, which hardly resembles the 80s-90’s game.  No one is going to a PB with 11 TDS because you’re not allowed to play defense in the 2020’s NFL

Ill repeat myself, other than a handful of QBs, every QB starts his career in a struggle.  

10 hours ago, doitny said:

i said the same thing about the SB window.

my whole point was if Zach at the end of this year is still putting up 55% comp and 10-15 TDs then we cant give him 2023 cause if were wrong then we just wasted another year with a talented team.

and if Zach is good then we have to pay him 50 mil in 2025. along with around 20 mil each for Hall , Sause  and GW. with AVT getting top OL money at the end of 2024. 

we cant keep them all otherwise we will be having Will Parks and Jeff Smiths in our starting lineup. by 2025

and my guess is QW signs a big money contract that ends just in time to sign those 2025 FAs. so if your waiting till then to make your SB run it will have to be without him.

if Zach is good this year then great, its SB or bust for 2023-2025. if not bring in a vet and its SB or bust for 2023-2025

2023-2025 is our window.

I don’t think the team is all that invested in the stats as much as fans are. Its only natural to want to compare, but the truth is the organization has the utmost confidence that Zach will develop into an established franchise QB. As has been repeated a few times now whether it be on here or straight from the horse’s mouth, the primary development they’ve wanted to see with him is improvement with his command and comfort level in the offense. They know he has very elite throwing talent and playmaking skills, but they wanted him to become a more efficient game manager, which he has. I don’t think the average fan appreciates how methodical the team is being with him. The coaches and execs all feel he has the rare throwing ability of Allen/Mahomes/Rodgers/Murray, but they understand that in order to ensure reaches that level, he needs to master the little things first and improve incrementally before he can be the “video game” QB. The team expects him to “pop” soon — whether it’s this year or next — and much of their handling of him has a lot to do with how they saw the Bills develop Josh Allen. That was the blueprint. So I don’t think it really matters whether Zach throws for 10 TDs or 30; if he keeps performing the way he has over the last 10 quarters, they will continue to be bullish on him because of said rare ability and the jump he will inevitably make with this talent and time spent in the offense. My guess is you’ll see him start putting up the bigger statistical games post-bye, but really as long as he stays healthy and keeps playing efficiently, fans should be extremely encouraged about the leap that he’s bound to take this year, next, or the following whenever it happens.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Aikman was carried?  Didn’t see those Cowboy teams if that’s what you’re selling.
Who cares that all QBs, across the boards had lower totals than today game, which hardly resembles the 80s-90’s game.  No one is going to a PB with 11 TDS because you’re not allowed to play defense in the 2020’s NFL

Ill repeat myself, other than a handful of QBs, every QB starts his career in a struggle.  

you need to look at his stats again. he was a good game manager. Emmit Smith carried those teams. 

those QBs your thinking of are from a different era. those stats are not acceptable anymore. but good luck trying to convince people that if Zach throws 11 TDs that thats ok because Troy Aikman did it in 1990.

whats next if Zach throws for 49% you will say thats fine too cause thats what Terry Bradshaw did in the 70s?

good QBs in this era dont struggle in their 2nd year. we're not going to be the only team to wait 4 years for a QB to throw 20 TDs. its not 1990 anymore

he is going to get the rest of this year. but im not happy with what i see so far. 

Probably next year too.

Saleh has said multiple times that you don’t know what you have in a player until three years. He says the players mature at different rates and you have to give a guy at least three years. 

I know it’s going to cause a meltdown on the site if Zach doesn’t look really good at the end of this year, but I think Saleh has telegraphed Zach is getting through 2023. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

They're not winning a SB this year or probably next year, but we're making strides.  When they learn to string 4 quarters together like they've been doing in the 3rd and 4th quarters, we can start dreaming about a SB.  It's coming...just not yet.

This. They are definitely ahead of schedule this year, but next year and beyond is when they start hunting the playoffs with a team ready to do damage.

Doesn’t mean they might not fall into the playoffs this year, because they could actually end up 9–8 or 10–7.  It just means they might need a few more tweaks and a little bit more time and seasoning. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I honestly don't know how to feel about what people are saying about this team.  They've been dogsh*t for a decade.  Wanna' lose your mind, go crazy and feel happy to be a fan of the team for the first time in forever?  Go right ahead.  Who knows if it lasts another week or another decade?  Enjoy it while you can.

• Upvote 3