Jet fans have gone from "Fire Everyone" to "The window to win a Super Bowl in now".

i'm good with this.  so far so good.  it looks like the pieces are coming together nicely.  i'm sure they'll hit a speed bump or two along the way and we'll see if they can avoid a losing streak.  superbowl bound?  hardly.  they still got a lot of work to do, especially on penalties and wilson needs to get the ball out faster.

As unrealistic as the fire everyone and do whatever it takes to get Payton group is, the Super Bowl this year is most likely just as unrealistic. The Jets are a good team, IMO, but I don't think that they are elite at this point. I don't think that they can beat Buffalo now that they shook off the rust of their first game. They are also going to have a tough time beating NE (maybe we split).

Fans often have unrealistic expectations and therefore go crazy when it doesn't happen. For example, if ZW or Saleh were any good they would have win it all last year. Any loss is an indictment on them. Now after some solid wins, we are SB or bust. I say enjoy the season - its ups and downs and lets hope ZW is going to be the franchise QB we need.

• Upvote 4

If we are starting to hear that there are adjustments at half time from the players, than that's a good sign. The only reason some of the fan base including me was down on the CS was they didn't seem to be flexible. If they are now doing that then I see that as improvement our their part as well as much improvement on the players parts as well. The beginning of Pre-Season, and the first game didn't give us much hope that this CS has it's act together. It's a different story now, and I'm glad they are making progress. Growth from players and the CS is what we want to see. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Jet fans.........................R-E-L-A-X

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just the nature of being a fan.  Let people enjoy it however they want to.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Instead of more of the same extreme hyperbolic "generational", "disease", "awesome for decades" etc. schtick, combined with the usual endless complaining about our fans, maybe YOU should just enjoy the winning.

Most of us out here are enjoying it just fine.  We don't really need or want you to tell us how to do it.

Beautifully said!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Instead of more of the same extreme hyperbolic "generational", "disease", "awesome for decades" etc. schtick, combined with the usual endless complaining about our fans, maybe YOU should just enjoy the winning.

Most of us out here are enjoying it just fine.  We don't really need or want you to tell us how to do it.

Most of us are enjoying it well.

Some posters are definitely a bit annoyed that their negatively shtick is getting laughed at.  Some are keeping up the act but others are now saying they are enjoying the wins.   But deep down we all know they are pissed.

• Upvote 1

The roster of this team is good.  That hasn’t changed.  It’s the coaching and play calling that needs to continue to improve in order to avoid laying any eggs on Sundays.

We are now running the ball, which many fans were clamoring for when we were throwing 59 times with Flacco.  I think some of the screeching early on was justified.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

P.S. I'll also add that almost everyone I interacted with in re: change (i.e. firing) was talking about it as year end, AFTER we saw what the team did this year, and only if we were similarly bad as we were last year.

As new facts come in, evaluations change, as do opinions.  If we continue to have a great season, obviously opinions in re: firing would change.  

It's only the "pseudo-religious" fans who form hard, unchanging opinions and refuse to change them when new facts and evidence come in.

This. We are beginning to show improvement, although the first couple of games were looking a lot like last year. With the infusion of talent this year, having results like last year would have been unacceptable, and changes would have to be made. But we are beginning to look like a real football team, and I, for one, a 50-year fan, am enjoying it immensely.

I admit I was not in favor of drafting the MILF-hunter (sorry, couldn't resist), but I said from the beginning, he is our starting QB, so I will root for him and hope he is truly a franchise quarterback. To do otherwise is rooting against the team I have rooted for these last 5 decades. If Zach fails, I will not be happy. If he succeeds, I will gladly admit I was wrong to doubt him.

Our team looks to be relevant for the first time in ages. Let's all just enjoy it and hope it continues. Maybe, just maybe, we finally have the right people running the team.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was the one who posted the Super Bowl window post and realistically it’s true. These next 3-4 years when we have all these guys on rookie contracts …..its the best chance they’ve had to win it all in a long time 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Most of us are enjoying it well.

Some posters are definitely a bit annoyed that their negatively shtick is getting laughed at.  Some are keeping up the act but others are now saying they are enjoying the wins.   But deep down we all know they are pissed.

I say it often, I cannot speak for others.

But if anyone thinks I'm pissed, lol, they should see me in my office right now, decked out in full Jets "work" gear (Jets polo, Hat on desk), and the huge smile I've had every time a coworker has come by to chat football.

Being wrong on the internet is not something to fear.  I get plenty right.  Like Breece Hall :) who I was behind drafting long before most here, lol.  I got wins on predictions stacked in piles, I'm not worried about being wrong when we're better than I expected.  Hell, one of the first thing I posted post game was in the "predict the Packers score" thread to own how deeply wrong my pre-game prediction was, lol.

That's the thing, I think some fans think pessimism or cynicism or doubt, or even just analysis that isn't flattering, is disqualifying for fandom.  

I'll never understand that viewpoint personally.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I was the one who posted the Super Bowl window post and realistically it’s true. These next 3-4 years when we have all these guys on rookie contracts …..its the best chance they’ve had to win it all in a long time 

Cincy went from 1st OA pick to the Super Bowl in 2 years with Joe Burrow.  It's not at all crazy to bring up the possibility.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I say it often, I cannot speak for others.

But if anyone thinks I'm pissed, lol, they should see me in my office right now, decked out in full Jets "work" gear (Jets polo, Hat on desk), and the huge smile I've had every time a coworker has come by to chat football.

Being wrong on the internet is not something to fear.  I get plenty right.  Like Breece Hall :) who I was behind drafting long before most here, lol.  I got wins on predictions stacked in piles, I'm not worried about being wrong when we're better than I expected.  Hell, one of the first thing I posted post game was in the "predict the Packers score" thread to own how deeply wrong my pre-game prediction was, lol.

That's the thing, I think some fans think pessimism or cynicism or doubt, or even just analysis that isn't flattering, is disqualifying for fandom.  

I'll never understand that viewpoint personally.  

so you are a bandwagon fan.  welcome aboard.  we need new supporters and old timers.  

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop generalizing.