Simms unloads on Jet fans, Calls them Annoying

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So you think our GM and Coach suck too then. They don’t think Wilson sucks 

It's great that you appeal to authority. But to answer your question, I think Saleh sucks and JD is beyond overrated by this fan base. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Many of these guys just do not get it.  Many jets fans have had to deal with crap teams since before these guys were born and they blast jets fans.  We have been through QB after QB and coach after coach and GM after GM.  We are mostly still here. 

Know when Jets fans will be really annoying?  When they stop showing up or caring.  Like a number of other fan bases, especially highly spoiled ones like pats fans or steelers fans.

The problem is that you take your past frustrations and point them at our current team that has nothing to do with the past. In fact, this is the most exciting team we’ve had in over a decade 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The problem is that you take your past frustrations and point them at our current team that has nothing to do with the past. In fact, this is the most exciting team we’ve had in over a decade 

The 2015 team was much better than this team. The hyperbole is off the charts here. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I remember plenty of guys saying he sucked and that we should have picked Ed Oliver.  Then it was he wasn’t playing to his draft position.    Then it was he s good but not worth what he will want in his next contract and we should trade him for picks.

100%

Let's recap all the brilliance of fans posting on this board recently..

Busts;

QW

Mosely

Rankins

Curry

Becton

Joyner

Whitehead

ZW

Kwon didn't make sense

We need to Fire;

JD

MLF

Saleh

Ulbrich

Fire Saleh and promote MLF

wasted draft capital on; 

AVT

Breece

This one is the best cause we wasted draft capital and also our season is over without them

Then there is start Flacco/ white who would be the most sacked QBs is the history of the NFL

Better yet,  start strev... he was great against 2s and 3s which is exactly how he ended up in the CFL instead of the NFL

• Upvote 3

This is the most fraudulent team in the history of the NFL:

QB is terrible
We have disgruntled WRs
Our D is really not that good. We can’t get off the field on third down.
Offensive coaching is terrible. At least Breece was fun to watch..now he is gone.

All these things are coming to a head. Teams will expose us for the frauds that we are by seasons end and I am ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No doubt Wilson has been a serious disappointment, but to a degree most here have been guilty of at least this hypocrisy:

1. Don't throw a raw young/rookie QB into a bad team situation. That'd hurt his development. First build the team around him to give him the best chance of success as he gets used to the pro game.

2. They've built a good team around him, and we then lament the lost opportunity - a rare one for Jets fans - on breaking in a raw young QB who (at least thus far) just isn't getting it.

Ultimately the big problem wasn't giving him a shot this year. It was in coddling him by seeing to it there's no serious alternative starter, purportedly to force the team to rally around him even when he's playing poorly. My guess is they simply didn't anticipate he'd play this poorly.

Even still, I don't blame the fans here. They are justified in wanting to see a winning team with a good QB. It's not like that's some rarity in the NFL.

Great post.

IMO, the Jets fans are also way over-valuing the quality of this team and in particular the 5-2 start. We were a complete fluke away from being 0-3, we faced a 3rd string QB against Miami, a rookie QB in Pittsburg in a game we easily could have lost, and a 2nd string young QB in Denver, in another game we easily could have lost. We legit beat Green Bay who is not very good. This team could have just as easily been 2-5 as 5-2. The way we were winning was not sustainable.

Now, a large part of that has been the QB play, but this notion that we have a QB on our current roster that would have this team as a legit playoff competitor is questionable at best to me. Flacco should have been 0-3. Mike White is extremely limited, and who knows what Steveler is.

We have better weapons than we have had, but this is like saying pizza is gourmet food, because you had nothing before rice, and I love me some pizza.

The O line has been brutal, largely due to injuries, but brutal nonehteless.

The defense has been pretty good, but hasnt really had a legit test yet, and looked really bad against somewhat competent offenses early on.

At best without a true elite QB, this team is hoping to sneak into a wild card spot

22 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So you think our GM and Coach suck too then. They don’t think Wilson sucks 

Saleh has his doubts on Wilson and he cracked at the PC on Sunday. Basically said "he HAS to play better" and was stumped by Connors question about having a good team and bad QB play and how you balance the two. 

He is JD's baby so I think JD does believe in him. However, I don't see Saleh falling on his sword for him. His job is to win football games. 

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No doubt Wilson has been a serious disappointment, but to a degree most here have been guilty of at least this hypocrisy:

1. Don't throw a raw young/rookie QB into a bad team situation. That'd hurt his development. First build the team around him to give him the best chance of success as he gets used to the pro game.

We didn't.  JD and Saleh did. 

I preferred to sit Zach, and I preferred to have a legit competitor to compete with/against Zach to make him earn his job, not be handed it like so many drafted QB's before him, and to start and play competent football till Zach was truly ready, if he ever was.

2. They've built a good team around him, and we then lament the lost opportunity - a rare one for Jets fans - on breaking in a raw young QB who (at least thus far) just isn't getting it.

He's never going to get it.  He's was a weak prospect, with a weak college resume, and is now on a clear bust pathway, people are just in denial about it.  Too many folks deeply emotionally invested in Zach, who now cannot accept they're eval. of him was deeply flawed and his potential not close to what they hoped.  Same as every drafted QB.

Ultimately the big problem wasn't giving him a shot this year. It was in coddling him by seeing to it there's no serious alternative starter, purportedly to force the team to rally around him even when he's playing poorly. My guess is they simply didn't anticipate he'd play this poorly.

You just nailed it.  JD and Saleh are at fault here for a serious misjudgment of Zach Wilson.

Even still, I don't blame the fans here. They are justified in wanting to see a winning team with a good QB. It's not like that's some rarity in the NFL.

Exactly.  We, the pathetic Same Old Jets, consistent losers for over a decade now, are the exception.  Only a few other teams have been as consistently bad for as consistently long as us.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Saleh has his doubts on Wilson and he cracked at the PC on Sunday. Basically said "he HAS to play better" and was stumped by Connors question about having a good team and bad QB play and how you balance the two. 

He is JD's baby so I think JD does believe in him. However, I don't see Saleh falling on his sword for him. His job is to win football games. 

He also slipped a up by saying he wanted to start Mike but he caught himself and said we want to see what we have in Mike. There is definitely a disconnect with Zach and it probably goes right back to the main culprit and that is Woody. JetBlue, media hype, sell tickets etc. now he has a problem that he can’t hide.

When all is said and done I don’t care who becomes our future QB as many of us have waited over 40 years to have consistent years of the QB being the strength of our team. We have never had a long term starting FQB.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

At 4:39 Simms also said he's not all that confident in any of ZW, Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance.  He said right now he has the most confidence in Justin Fields.

But he's annoyed at Jet fans for not enjoying the wins but he also isn't necessarily confident in ZW.  WTF?!

Generating clicks like a boss I guess?

6 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

how’s our qb history look?

I’m reminded of a German media interview years ago with Putin. He was asked about the rumor that he is the richest man in Europe with over $20 billion squirreled away. Putin’s response, “I can confirm that I have somewhere between 20 billion and zero American dollars.”

So I give a similar response to your question: the Jets’ QB history is somewhere between best-in-class and abject moldy dog sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, football guy said:

Lol I was thinking the same. Say what you want about Zach, but we literally have a media and fan base that has zero patience in New York. The people who are calling for him to be benched because the team is ready to win now are the same ones who said the record doesn’t matter this year all that matters is his development and we need to see him play as many games as possible so we know what we have in him ?

I still remember when 75% of the fan base believed Quinnen Williams was a bust. It becomes too much sometimes 

While I agree with you entirely, I don't think this is something unique to New York and certainly not to Jets fans. 

We live in this world of 24 hour news, rampant social media, hot takes, and instant reactions/overreactions to everyone and everything. Players and coaches are seemingly redefined by pundits on a weekly basis. 

Patience is a thing of the past. 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

80-90 percent of this fan base is win at all costs.....the other 20 is all we care about is Zach. 

So when Zach stinks and costs you a football game because after 18 we have yet to see a complete game there is going to be anger. Not sure how that is annoying. 

I would say annoying is watching a QB scramble with zero idea what he is doing with the football and then throwing it to the other team

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Zach being terrible has nothing to do with why we are annoying.

I completely agree about the fan base and it's low-Zach tolerance. 

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Zach being terrible has nothing to do with why we are annoying.

I completely agree about the fan base and it's low-Zach tolerance. 

Guess I dont get how we are annoying. You find me a fan base who would not have been livid at their young QB for throwing 3 INTs against a division hated rival

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Guess I dont get how we are annoying. You find me a fan base who would not have been livid at their young QB for throwing 3 INTs against a division hated rival

We are a lot more forgiving of garbage QB play than most other fanbases because we are accustomed to it.

Steeler fans booed Trubisky and chanted for Pickett after the offense failed to score a TD in a red zone drill during mini-camp. That happened. Look it up.

Meanwhile, a goodly portion of our fanbase believes that Josh Allen is an apt comparator for our struggling QB.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you referring to Zach playing poorly in game we won that he didn't  throw a pick but still played poorly? Because there was something else missing besides no turnovers against the Pats called Breece Hall. 

missing breece was certainly a factor but if you take away the two long runs he's a very good back, just not great.  and you just can't say carter wouldn't have run through those same holes that the oline opened up.  in my opinion the bigger factor were the tunrovers.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

missing breece was certainly a factor but if you take away the two long runs he's a very good back, just not great.  and you just can't say carter wouldn't have run through those same holes that the oline opened up.  in my opinion the bigger factor were the tunrovers.

That is a rediculous  statement. Hall is an explosive player so let's make him not explosive and take out his biggest plays because then it fits my narrative. 

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That is a rediculous  statement. Hall is an explosive player so let's make him not explosive and take out his biggest plays because then it fits my narrative. 

so you ready to put him in canton?  the point is there are, like it or not, 20 backs that could've made those same runs or have made similar runs.  this doesn't take away hall's ability but for christ's sake, he's only played 7 games.  and let's not forget the couple of drops he had early in the season.