<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

The bye week is over, the Jets are rested and ready to roll. The Patriots streak ends today. The Jets outplayed the Pats last time and this game will be similar minus the mistakes. Zach Wilson got the job done against the Bills, the defense gets the job done every week.
The losing streak ends today.
The Jets make a statement today. It is time to fly high, lets go Jets!
[/url]  

God, I hope you are right!!! I am so nervous right now!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Guys, today is the day. If this team cannot split the series with this sh*tty Pats team, the season is nothing more than a feel good story - and that’s probably okay with some rationalization.

But… let’s be honest… I want more.

We all want more. This group is fun, competes, and make it exciting… they make you believe. Buckle up.

Yep. This game will determine if this season is a nice feel good step in the right direction or a gigantic GFY’s leap in the right direction! 

Want this game as much as a fat kid wants cake!

Almost! 

• Haha 2

Guys, today is the day. If this team cannot split the series with this sh*tty Pats team, the season is nothing more than a feel good story - and that’s probably okay with some rationalization.
But… let’s be honest… I want more.
We all want more. This group is fun, competes, and make it exciting… they make you believe. Buckle up.

Lose today and the only way to make up would be to win in Miami and Buffalo

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Zach's emotions are high, he really wants this one; he wants to make up for the last game.  My hope (and expectation) is that he keeps his emotions in check.  He only has to play a decent game, I believe he knows that, so he'll keep risk to a minimum, and the Jets will prevail.  If he does that, it's evidence that he's growing.  He doesn't have to put up monster numbers this early in his career.  He is the future.  I believe in him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Zach's emotions are high, he really wants this one; he wants to make up for the last game.  My hope (and expectation) is that he keeps his emotions in check.  He only has to play a decent game, I believe he knows that, so he'll keep risk to a minimum, and the Jets will prevail.  If he does that, it's evidence that he's growing.  He doesn't have to put up monster numbers this early in his career.  He is the future.  I believe in him.

He really wanted the first game too, which is why he pressed and killed us. If he’s going to play emotionally, then he has to deliver - not have it hurt the team.

The Jets have everything they need to beat this team. I still think it comes down to Zach and his thinky bits. If he can play like he did against Buffalo then the score could easily be something like 27-10. However I still think the Jets do Jetsy things and they lose a close one 17-16. Until they get the monkey off their back, BB owns them. 

If the Jets win, I change my tune to be more optimistic for the remainder of the season.

LFG!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He really wanted the first game too, which is why he pressed and killed us. If he’s going to play emotionally, then he has to deliver - not have it hurt the team.

There's a difference.  He didn't play the first game after a beating.  He had no measuring stick.  He gained valuable experience from the last game.  This time he'll keep his emotions in check.  If you watched any of his recent interviews, he's highly aware that throwing the ball away is a much better choice than trying to force something.  Especially throwing the ball far enough away.  I'm confident he'll get it done this time.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I don’t care about all that. This Pats team sucks bad. Lose today and it means you a big problem to solve still. Plain and simple, in this moment a true FQB elevates us past them. The division is on the line. He gave them the first game - he has to be the guy today. Has to. 

Well stated.

There is literally only 1 key to this game. Zach has got to be better vs. man coverage.
We beat this team in every phase otherwise.

I think there are a few other keys as well:

1. Can we shut down their running game and force Jones to throw the ball
2. Special teams is BIG Today! Kicking for points and punting for field position.
3. Can our Lines dominate at the point of attack!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

image.png.76f5fe89f740b6a9bd636176c65fa3cf.png
Another reason this game is such a good test is because the Pats are in last place right now so they desperately need the W.
So Saleh is going up against the GOAT HC, who is in an absolute must-win situation.  Today we're going to learn a lot about this team and CS.

My thoughts exactly, if the Jets come out and make a statement I will feel very good about this coaching staff, and it will effectively erase any remaining questions in my mind at least.
  • Upvote 3