What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

Maxman

What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

• Bench him
    • Start him but he gets a short rope
    • Nothing, he gets the full year no matter what

15 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know what happened, on the last play the feed went out and when we finally got it back on all I see is the guy gliding into the EZ like a Jets landing. Thank God, I may have had a frigging heart attack if I was able to watch that play happen live. And, sorry for being a dick yesterday to you, I was really upset

All good man I get it. This team is infuriating sometimes. We all want success that we’ve lacked for so long 

What is the benefit of him playing a half? If anything playing White against the Bears would be the best play since the following week they have Buffalo. I would rather them give White an "easier" defensive opponent the first game he starts to get some rust off.

15 hours ago, derp said:

I said short rope. I think it’s a big 180 from everything they’ve said to straight up bench him, but there also needs to be accountability. Really worried about them losing the locker room. When losses fall on one position it has to grate on everyone. And I think a positive culture is key in sports. Don’t want to lose that right as they seem to be getting it.

Slept on it, and I think the locker room stuff overrides the rest of it. Think everybody needs to see this team with a new QB.

His comments postgame were immature and not those of a leader and I’d chalk it up to that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What.  The actual.   F*ck.  Guys.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 131711.png

Is there something wrong with having an opinion that doesn't conform to the majority? ;-) 

Even if we all voted unanimously to bench Zach / fire him into the sun / whatever, it isn't going to happen. So what's the big deal?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Is there something wrong with having an opinion that doesn't conform to the majority? ;-) 

Even if we all voted unanimously to bench Zach / fire him into the sun / whatever, it isn't going to happen. So what's the big deal?

You won’t bench Zach no matter what.  It’s a strange take is all.  And this is a message board after all. 

I said after the last Patriot loss: he needs to play every game and throw the ball 30+ times.  
Force feed the development.  
Unless Zach gets better, a lot better, we aren’t doing jack shut this season anyway.  Why play not to lose?  
There should be zero doubts on our quarterback needs going into the offseason and babying him accomplishes nothing but more questions. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You won’t bench Zach no matter what.  It’s a strange take is all.  And this is a message board after all. 

My name isn't Robert Saleh, so it doesn't matter if I'd bench him or not. 

About the norm for this board, for the past two weeks I've been reading about winning the division, top seed in the AFC, how far we'll go in the playoffs. Now it's cut this guy, fire that guy, we're screwed and will miss the playoffs. And anyone who disagrees gets called out as if we're the crazy ones.

Time for me to take a break I think. I'll come back after we beat Chicago and people are booking playoff tickets again. :D  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Decision time...

The Bears have a subpar passing defense so I say throw him in there. It sucks, because he will game manage ok and the defense will produce and it could mean a win. Then we still aren't sure. The he gets that third year, and we may stunt the growth of our amazing receiver core. I hope he becomes Josh Allen in year three. I hope it so much, because yesterday hurt. I reminded me of what SOJ really means. 

Am I the only one that thought our best chance of scoring was with our defense on the field.  That every time this entitled biatch dropped back I held my breath sure he was going to screw up.  That with 2 minutes to go and a chance to win the game the Jets didn't call a time out because they had ZERO confidence in this player.  I do not understand what they are practicing or how Zach Wilson looks in practice.    I know if his first read isn't there he is lost and becomes panicky and that hasn't changed, if anything it is worse.  He needs to hit the bench post haste.   How can the CS hold anyone else on the team accountable when it is blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes that this kid is lost and costing his team badly?  I would rather lose 41-0 next week with our 2nd stringer than watch a repeat of yesterdays disastrous and nauseating performance both during the game and afterwards.    Bench his ass now.  If he can't take it it is yet further proof he's Mr. Wrong.  If there's a 2% chance his entitled ass learns something about accountability and leadership it is worth taking because otherwise he is 100% finished here and probably in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

9-22 77 yards.....

Amen, what the hell. This coupled with his consistent poor play and attitude is - by all accounts today - negatively affecting the LR.  If they do not bench this stiff and try to salavage the season, then IMHO the FO and CS are part of the problem and not the solution.  

11 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Nobody is saying that.  Look I am disgusted by his performance against the Pats but what do you propose they do say “Zach you’re done with the Jets and we’re going with Mike White even though he isn’t here past next year”?  We have to at least give him more games and if he sucks like he did today then at least we know definitively that we need a QB next year 

AAAAAAAAAAAA, its obivious to about 99% of anyone who knows FB, he is not the answer and yes, next man up and draft and sign someone next year.  That is what you do if you want to at least make an attempt to get to the PO.  Oh yea, and possibily save the LR and maybe the culture your trying to build.... 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

My name isn't Robert Saleh, so it doesn't matter if I'd bench him or not. 

About the norm for this board, for the past two weeks I've been reading about winning the division, top seed in the AFC, how far we'll go in the playoffs. Now it's cut this guy, fire that guy, we're screwed and will miss the playoffs. And anyone who disagrees gets called out as if we're the crazy ones.

Time for me to take a break I think. I'll come back after we beat Chicago and people are booking playoff tickets again. :D  

I only want to cut one guy.

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I agree that he’s been terrible, but getting into a rhythm is huge for qbs (especially young ones). It builds their confidence and lets them succeed without overthinking. This is a much easier feat against these types of defenses vs the gauntlet of top 10 he’s been going against 

An NFL QB should not need to be in a rhythm to complete a pass at the LOS. That’s QB’ing 101. That’s how you play against the “gauntlet” Ds. 

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

What is the benefit of him playing a half? If anything playing White against the Bears would be the best play since the following week they have Buffalo. I would rather them give White an "easier" defensive opponent the first game he starts to get some rust off.

That is why I think they let Wilson play. Douglas wants badly his franchise qb pick to work. The bears will make Wilson look good, as he would Flacco or white.. But of course next tough D Wilson is right back here.. 

4 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I feel like if they are just going to play Mike "Noodle Arm" White then just ******* play Zack there is no point playing that dead end.

Mike White was known for a strong arm in college.  It looked weak last year but it looked much stronger in preseason.  I think his arm strength will be better than people think.

I bet the idea has been floated of bringing back John Beck to hold his hand…

Notice how normally any assistant coaching hire is announced by Jet PR or on the official team site or whatever

With Beck last year they never announced it.  Cimini noticed Beck on the sideline and brought it up, at which point they were forced to acknowledge it.

They are so hyper-sensitive about how ZW is perceived.  

They care more about that than the fact that he sucks just as bad as a sophomore as he did as rookie.

They care more about managing perceptions than about reality.