Let's talk Jets vs Detroit Lions

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Lions have a good back in Williams

Goff is playing perhaps his best football

Amon Ra St Brown is one of the most underrated WRs in the leauge

Jameson Williams has been back for a couple of games.

They have a pretty good oline

Our defense better be totally ready.

In the end the Lions will score points, The Jets had better score points as well.

Goff has played markedly better at home than on the road this year. His road stats:

road opponents (min, ne, gb, dal, chi)

101/154 65% 1135 yards, 2TD/4INT, 80.95 rating

• Sympathy 1

Goff outdoors in NY in December?

Lions coming off a huge win vs. divisional nemesis is a let down spot for them.

Lions defense is terrible.

Lions have won 5 of 6, but those wins included Packers, @ Bears, @ Giants, Jags and Vikes.

I like our chances in this one....a lot.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Lions are 5th in the league in points per game. They are really good offensively. We can slow them down but we need to be able to put some points on the board as well. We can definitely win this game but it won’t be as easy as so many of you think.
Our defense looked completely different without Q yesterday. Will he be 100% against Detroit ? Has anyone heard anything ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Goff outdoors in NY in December?

Lions coming off a huge win vs. divisional nemesis is a let down spot for them.

Lions defense is terrible.

Lions have won 5 of 6, but those wins included Packers, @ Bears, @ Giants, Jags and Vikes.

I like our chances in this one....a lot.

Lol they've scored 31 points in Metlife like 3 weeks ago. They're playing extremely well. 

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol they've scored 31 points in Metlife like 3 weeks ago. They're playing extremely well. 

Yeah...in 40 degree weather against the Giants and their 26th ranked defense.

Goff went 17/26 for 165 yards and no TDs.

The Lions also had two touchdown drives of 18 yards and 33 yards due to Giants turnovers in their own territory.

Lions ran wild over the Giants terrible defense.  That won't happen this week, and if it does, we deserve the lose.

So, yeah......I'll take my chances against Goff, outdoors, in December.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I'm not sure about that, Knight has stepped up. And without Hall going down and the ineffectiveness of Robinson, this CS wouldn't have given Knight a chance otherwise.

The OL and more importantly the OC need to improve. Those are the two things holding this team back.

You could be right, but I see the OC issues more a result of the QB issues and the offensive line manpower issues and losing Breece who was becoming a centerpiece of the offense..  The OC had to adjust, adjust and adjust some more.  

Remember, even Gase looked good with a very solid offensive line and Manning as the QB.  

Any team can use more good football players, but the Jets have two very serious needs.  Offensive line and QB.

This past off season and 2022 was all about Wilson and now we have our answers QED.  The coming off season will be all about the QB.  Everything else shrinks to insignificance compared to the QB issue.

NFL Circa 2022 - NO QB = No Big Game Wins  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Very worried about this one.  Feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

IF the Jets would have won in Buffalo yesterday, Lions at home had all the makings of a SOJ disaster. I went to one of those in 2000. Jets lost a game they had no business losing. Largely forgotten bc the subsequent Christmas disaster in Baltimore overshadowed it.

That said, we lost yesterday, so I strangely feel much better about Sunday. I'm more fearful of Thursday night vs the Jags.

If Saleh wakes up tomorrow the 9 seed in the AFC , Its crazy how much is riding on this game and what the QB situation is. 

the lions can get to 7-7 and be in the hunt they are going to be laser focused. 

This is easily the biggest game of Salehs career. 

• Upvote 1

If Q. Will is healthy and plays, the Jets D has the recipe to slow the Lions down.  They'll be able to hold them to their avg. per game, roughly 18 pts.  The Lions pass defense is atrocious, they create very little pressure outside of the rookie Hutch and you can run on them, they give up 5 ypc and have let up the 2nd most rushing TD's in the league.  That said, the Lions are playing good ball but overall, the Jets are the better Football team and should win this game.  I'd love to see them play a complete game and win this one comfortably just to create that last quarter of Football momentum. 

The Jets are ahead of schedule and that's exciting but win this, gain some confidence going into games vs. winnable opponents and you never know what can happen.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lions are 5th in the league in points per game. They are really good offensively. We can slow them down but we need to be able to put some points on the board as well. We can definitely win this game but it won’t be as easy as so many of you think.

Lions have a great OL

On 12/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have a really bad feeling about this game.  Hope I'm wrong.

These guys are far from trivial - ask the Bills. It stacks up to be a very entertaining game. I just hope we can put one in the W column. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/12/2022 at 9:52 AM, IndianaJet said:

The Lions also had two touchdown drives of 18 yards and 33 yards due to Giants turnovers in their own territory.

Lions ran wild over the Giants terrible defense.  That won't happen this week, and if it does, we deserve the lose.

THIS is a post I can get excited about.    @SoFlaJets HERE is a smart poster. :)

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 9:52 AM, IndianaJet said:

Context matters. This post is masterclass.

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not every ******* thread needs to be about Zach Wilson. It's almost like you hate yourself for wanting to suck his cock.

Basically, not every thread needs to be your coping mechanism, thanks. 

I hadn't clicked in this thread before but saw your post as the preview of the thread, and was 100% certain you were responding to Fidelio here. 

28 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I hadn't clicked in this thread before but saw your post as the preview of the thread, and was 100% certain you were responding to Fidelio here. 

Not sure why you would. Fidelio doesn't turn every thread into a Zach Wilson thread. It's usually some on the negative side of the Zach Wilson equation that are creepily obsessed with him.