***Lets go Cardinals MNF thread***

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Also, 40 year anniversary of the scumbags starting their cheating ways by having snow cleared from the field for their game winning field goal over Miami.

Today is also the 46th anniversry of Namath's last game as a Jet.  42-3 loss to Cincy to close out the 1976 season.  Joe was 4-15 with 4 picks.  Yup, it was time.

Joe Namath | Biography, Stats, & Facts | Britannica

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We could have went 2-0 based on skill and didn’t even go 1-1. 0-2 because of self inflicted bullsh*t. Playoff teams don’t do that. 

Yep. Nobody wants to hear it, but we’re not a very good team right now. Our 3rd quarter of the season was pitiful.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yep. Nobody wants to hear it, but we’re not a very good team right now. Our 3rd quarter of the season was pitiful.

This season is shaping up a bit like the 1997 -- Parcells first season.  Slow start to the season, stacked some wins mid year and then dropped 3 of 4 at the end to miss out on the playoffs.  I think this team is on the verge of being really good, but they have to stop shooting themselves in the foot.  Buffalo did not do much to beat us, bu they didn't make mistakes and we did.  And that was the difference. 

Similar to 97, this team may be a season away, but we still have 4 games to change the narrative -- we may have to find our version of Vinny for 2023, who may or may not be on our current roster.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, frankiepapa said:

What sucks is these are the types of games that new England win easily.. you look up and it's 14-0...I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I hope you are wrong as well.

took it in the shorts yesterday so went big on the cards tonight. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

For me personally if the Jets miss the playoffs it won't be because we lose to Minny or Buffalo it will be because we got swept by a mediocre at best pats team.

Yup.  Just like 2015 when we got swept by Rex and a mediocre Bills team.

• Upvote 1