Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lulz.  Zach put up historically bad production against NE and 17 pts against a bottom 3 pass D and you blame everyone else.  

How many passing tds did White put up against the #32 pass D in the league again? Oh right 0. Greg was the mvp of that game. 5/5 fgs 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Numbers mean nothing to me.  It is night and day watching both qbs.  Derek Carr is terrible.  Anyone who gives him 30 million a year should be fired on the spot.

The Raiders don't have another guy they're putting in there yet they're still cutting Carr.  Doesn't that say a lot?

• Upvote 3

Gtfoh with Derek Carr..  Raiders have no backup and won't draft high enough to get a top QB.  The fact there's a chance they part ways tells you all you need to know. 

The search should start and end with Jordan Love..  Make it happen Tanny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It’s been a shaky season with the Raiders Carr hasn’t adapted well to McDaniel’s offense. The problem is his contract. Nobody would take that on. If Raiders really want him out they’ll have to pay most of it. What about a Carr plus a lot of money deal for Zach. Zach’s from SLC area closest NFL franchise is LV. I guess it’s how McDaniel evaluates ZW. 

Spotrac says the raiders have an out if exercised before 2/15/2023.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 1 YR, $25,000,000; $5,625,000 DEAD CAP

Contract Notes:

• $24.9M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2022 salary)
  • 2023 salary + $7.5M of 2024 salary fully guarantees 2/15/2023 (injury guaranteed at signing)
  • Full No Trade Clause

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Numbers mean nothing to me.  It is night and day watching both qbs.  Derek Carr is terrible.  Anyone who gives him 30 million a year should be fired on the spot.

You don't put up the numbers Carr has (which is basically close to Cousins considering the latter has been in the league two years extra) and say he's terrible lol. 

Depending on the salary, of course, a contender is gonna get a very solid QB. 

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Derek Carr is awful.  Would be a mega disaster if we brought him in.

Just say no Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think Derek carr and his 65% comp and 217 td to 99 int over his career is awful then it’s impossible to please this fan base. If we drafted a guy who put up those numbers he would be the best player in team history and he would be in the ring of honor. Derek carr is awful? He threw for almost 5k yards last year? He lead his team to the playoffs after his coach was fired and Ruggs killed people, he’s a multiple time pro bowler. This is your definition of awful? I hope a jets qb is this awful!

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

If you think Derek carr and his 65% comp and 217 td to 99 int over his career is awful then it’s impossible to please this fan base. If we drafted a guy who put up those numbers he would be the best player in team history and he would be in the ring of honor. Derek carr is awful? He threw for almost 5k yards last year? He lead his team to the playoffs after his coach was fired and Ruggs killed people, he’s a multiple time pro bowler. This is your definition of awful? I hope a jets qb is this awful!

I'm convinced some posters on here have stockholm syndrome when it comes to QB's lol. They can't bear to possibly get a solid QB in here, but just continue trotting out terrible after terrible QB play. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I'm convinced some posters on here have stockholm syndrome when it comes to QB's lol. They can't bear to possibly get a solid QB in here, but just continue trotting at terrible after terrible QB play. 

Yeah Yeah 2 months ago....I'm convinced some fans have stockholm syndrome why aren't they happy we are winning games and saying bad things about Zippy.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Guys who are career losers and getting benched by the Raiders and people on this board are fawning over them.  HAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Joe D would never under any circumstances bring in a scrub like derek carr to qb this team.

Matt stafford says hi, he was a loser in Detroit, until he wasn’t in LA.

dude was 74-90-1 with the lions. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Guys who are career losers and getting benched by the Raiders and people on this board are fawning over them.  HAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Joe D would never under any circumstances bring in a scrub like derek carr to qb this team.

Don't tell me your answer for QB next year is Mike White. 

Carr is interesting. He’s never really won anything, he’s way overpaid, and every time I’ve watched him, I’ve come away totally unimpressed (for whatever that’s worth). On the other hand, he plays for a franchise that’s constantly in disarray, the contract and benching mean he can probably be had for a decent price, and his career DYAR ranks are 33rd, 12th, 7th, 12th, 21st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 15th.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So I guess Cousins (who you have as better) is a career loser then, right? He also got benched by the Redskins at one point, I guess his career was over.

Raiders are dumpster fire with bad coaching and a terrible defense. That ain't on Carr. 

You're right, they won't bring in scrubs at QB, and that's why I'll guarantee you JD will look at Derek Carr. Maybe they won't end up getting him, but he will take a look.

Using the "HAHAHAHAAHAHA" line doesn't make your argument any more correct or less wrong, lol. Try again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Carr is interesting. He’s never really won anything, he’s way overpaid, and every time I’ve watched him, I’ve come away totally unimpressed (for whatever that’s worth). On the other hand, he plays for a franchise that’s constantly in disarray, the contract and benching mean he can probably be had for a decent price, and his career DYAR ranks are 33rd, 12th, 7th, 12th, 21st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 15th.

He would look good with a top 5 defense.

1B9BCC9E-68EA-46B6-9D4D-425CD78685F5.jpeg

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Said it here, but it's basically Kirk Cousins all over again. Carr is a top 15 at worst QB in the league. Like I said, my only concern would be him playing in the cold climate. 

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rodgers has some juice left in the tank and he would be intriguing with our weapons as well. Would be interesting to see if they made a play for him trying to win a Super Bowl in these next two years.

He looks like he fell off a cliff. With that said, sign that beast. He's better on his worse day than anything we have had on their best day since his former numero uno, Bretty "Got Pics?" Farverre.

Just now, pointman said:

He looks like he fell off a cliff. With that said, sign that beast. He's better on his worse day than anything we have had on their best day since his former numero uno, Bretty "Got Pics?" Farverre.

Said it on here, but I wish he was a couple of years younger at least. I'd love Rodgers here (he's probably my top pick at QB), but he could easily fall of a cliff if we got him given he's 40. Not everybody is Tom Brady. 

• Upvote 1