Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Said it on here, but I wish he was a couple of years younger at least. I'd love Rodgers here (he's probably my top pick at QB), but he could easily fall of a cliff if we got him. 

I think a couple of years ago there was no chance of us getting our grubby little mitts on him. Now that he is kind of shot, we can make it happen. I don't know what it would take to get him or what his contract situation is, but if its just cash... f it. Go get him. Its Woody's money not mine.

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Said it on here, but I wish he was a couple of years younger at least. I'd love Rodgers here (he's probably my top pick at QB), but he could easily fall of a cliff if we got him. 

Plus he's got an attitude which would instantly clash with NY media and the fans. 

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Raiders don't have another guy they're putting in there yet they're still cutting Carr.  Doesn't that say a lot?

Couldn’t be anything like a bad contract.  Or a brain dead HC who once drafted Tim Tebow.

In the first round

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Matt Stafford had a Super bowl purchased for him by the Rams and now has faded into oblivion.

Terrible comparison.

I’d take a bought for Super Bowl here… the comparison is there, both okay for abominations of organizations (lions and raiders) both out up pro bowl numbers on terrible teams, one gets a shot somewhere else and wins a Super Bowl… the other will have his shot. It’s a spot on comparison. Keep saying HAHAHAHA in all caps to try to solidify your argument that you’ve given no facts other than hahaha

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Carr is interesting. He’s never really won anything, he’s way overpaid, and every time I’ve watched him, I’ve come away totally unimpressed (for whatever that’s worth). On the other hand, he plays for a franchise that’s constantly in disarray, the contract and benching mean he can probably be had for a decent price, and his career DYAR ranks are 33rd, 12th, 7th, 12th, 21st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 15th.

He's good but not a guy to which you can devote 20 % of your cap and hope to win anything meaningful.  He's a lot like Kirk Cousins.  I like Carr.  I like Cousins.  I don't like what they cost.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Which is why its laughable that @Beerfish wants to blame the defense for the Lions loss with Zach Wilson only putting up 17 points on a bottom-3 pass D, and the special teams for the NE game.  

Well Zach is a dumpster fire. There was also a ST TD in that game and Greg missed a game tying fg. 

Mayfield was my first choice because I never thought the Raiders would move on from him until this afternoon. Anyone who doesn’t think Carr would be the best QB we’ve had in who knows how long is crazy. 

BTW why in the wide world of sports would any Jets fan be willing to say Jordan Love is their choice to be our QB next year?

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Well Zach is a dumpster fire. There was also a ST TD in that game and Greg missed a game tying fg. 

The Special Teams TD was a direct result of a 3-and-out by the Zach-led offense that forced a punt from the Jets own 1.  Nothing good ever really happens when forced to punt from there.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Special Teams TD was a direct result of a 3-and-out by the Zach-led offense that forced a punt from the Jets own 1.  Nothing good ever really happens when forced to punt from there.

This thread is about Derek Carr and you still can't get over your Zach Wilson derangement syndrome. 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Mayfield was my first choice because I never thought the Raiders would move on from him until this afternoon. Anyone who doesn’t think Carr would be the best QB we’ve had in who knows how long is crazy. ( same with Baker)

BTW why in the wide world of sports would any Jets fan be willing to say Jordan Love is their choice to be our QB next year?

I had Carr lower on my list if he was traded for because of trade compensation. If he’s cut tho and will sign in the 20 mil range then he shoot’s straight to the top. 

I have it something like this 

1. Car, Jones, Goff

2. Wentz (if cut), Baker

3. Minshew 

4. Geno and others 

10. White 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The D also let them drive down to the 1. A zach led offense has very little chance when their back is against the wall. Comparing Zach to white is like comparing a piece of sh*t with flies and maggots in it to a fresh piece of sh*t. Is one better? Sure, but they are both terrible 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which was a direct result of the defense giving up a 96 yard drive the previous possession.  Two can play this game. 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The D also let them drive down to the 1. A zach led offense has very little chance when their back is against the wall. Comparing Zach to white is like comparing a piece of sh*t with flies and maggots in it to a fresh piece of sh*t 

?

So many Jets fans just see what was with a FA not what he us now. Raiders seem to think nothing is actually better than Carr yet Jets fans want to use draft capital and significant cap space for mediocrity at best. Really just can't make up the stupidity here. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Take Carr in a minute look at his stats over his career. He had 90 rating 24 td 14 int  despite Josh McDaniels  the guy has better stats then what the jets have on their roster right now. McDaniels is a QB killer like Gase and all he did was hold Tom Bradys coffee  the guy has destroyed  QBs. Think Carr comes to NY with the talent the Jets have this guy makes them Instant contender. 

Just now, nyjets1969 said:

Take Carr in a minute look at his stats over his career. He had 90 rating 24 td 14 int  despite Josh McDaniels  the guy has better stats then what the jets have on their roster right now. McDaniels is a QB killer like Gase and all he did was hold Tom Bradys coffee  the guy has destroyed  QBs. Think Carr comes to NY with the talent the Jets have this guy makes them Instant contender. 

Minshew. Cheaper and perhaps better.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's good but not a guy to which you can devote 20 % of your cap and hope to win anything meaningful.  He's a lot like Kirk Cousins.  I like Carr.  I like Cousins.  I don't like what they cost.  

That’s fine as far as it goes; I find Carr intriguing as a change-of-scenery guy, but gun to my head I agree with you on the cost. The problem is, we need an affirmative answer too. There are plenty of guys I don’t like, but who plays QB for this team next year?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I had Carr lower on my list if he was traded for because of trade compensation. If he’s cut tho and will sign in the 20 mil range then he shoot’s straight to the top. 

I have it something like this 

1. Car, Jones, Goff

2. Wentz (if cut), Baker

3. Minshew 

4. Geno and others 

10. White 

I agree 100% with your feeling about Carr. That’s exactly how I felt, and now feel.

As for that list, I’d go in order, Carr, Goff, Mayfield, Jones, then a tag team of White with Minshew or even a Marietta type guy

guys like Tannehill, Wentz and Geno don’t interest me. Imo they’re either washed up or not taking us anywhere.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s not bad to have a QB like Carr or Cousins. We will be consistently viable. While we likely cant win a super bowl, having a consistently good team will be great. The key will he to develop a QB behind him. Draft a toolsy guy in the mid rounds and try and develop him. In the meantime, we will enjoy some winning football.

• Upvote 1