Davis the AI Jets fan explains why Woody Johnson is a good owner

Maxman

And the truth be told, ultimately I did this because I wanted to test the algorithms online to see how something like this would fare.

Two Step Process:

Step One:  Robot Topic Creators

Step Two: Robot Posters

Please update your email address in the meantime. 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And the truth be told, ultimately I did this because I wanted to test the algorithms online to see how something like this would fare.

Two Step Process:

Step One:  Robot Topic Creators

Step Two: Robot Posters

Please update your email address in the meantime. 

did you create this video with AI? Can you link me to how to do that?

From a 2004 Times article on the winner himself: 

"The unvarnished Johnson is revealed, though, in his early business experiences. His Jets biography mentions the cable business in Florida, but not the real estate deals. Research in Florida shows those dealings were marred by a bitter fight with Spielvogel, charges of fraud in civil suits by at least two condo buyers and a ruling that held Johnson in contempt of court in a dispute over his personal condo fees.

For a time, Johnson wore long blond hair and a Fu Manchu mustache. It was the 1970's, after all, and he was always the richest young man around. In a deposition, he listed his occupation as construction.

Spielvogel, a hustling real estate developer from Long Island, was Johnson's partner for four years in ventures named Woodric Enterprises, after their middle names.

"The first time I met him, he had his zipper open and sandals on, long straggly hair," Spielvogel said. "I didn't know who he was." They went out drinking, hit it off, and when they next met, Johnson was zipped up, wearing a tie and arriving by private plane, wowing Spielvogel's teenage secretary.

"He comes in and first thing out of his mouth was, 'My family and I checked you out, and I want to do 'bidness' with you,"' Spielvogel said. "He said, 'You didn't have any family money; you did it on your own.' And basically: 'Teach me. I'll give you 10 percent of the first deal and 25 percent of every deal thereafter if you just sell your operations in New York and move to Florida.' And that's basically what I did."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Stadium issues and such aside I've never thought Woody was a bad owner.   He is not a great owner but i do not see him as negligent or not wanting to win. 

Who cares if he WANTS to win if he's too dumb to actually be capable of doing it?

Zach Wilson WANTED to be a great QB too.  Mike White WANTED to be able to stay healthy.  Mekhi Becton WANTED to lose weight.....err, no, that one isn't true.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who cares if he WANTS to win if he's too dumb to actually be capable of doing it?

Zach Wilson WANTED to be a great QB too.  Mike White WANTED to be able to stay healthy.  Mekhi Becton WANTED to lose weight.....err, no, that one isn't true.  

Earth shattering that you would work in the angle that wilson sucks and mike white just got hurt.  lol  

From your comment I would assume that you are calling for Douglas to be immediately fired?  After all he is responsible for wilson and becton.

As I said since I often have to repeat things to you, he is not a good owner but neither is he a really bad owner.  Snyder is a bad owner, mark davis is a weird owner, kraft is a creep owner, jones is a publicity hound owner. 

Woody wants to win, he pays the dollars to win he, just like 2/3 of the owners out there just are lousy football people who know no more than you me or anyone else on these forms.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Earth shattering that you would work in the angle that wilson sucks and mike white just got hurt.  lol  

From your comment I would assume that you are calling for Douglas to be immediately fired?  After all he is responsible for wilson and becton.

As I said since I often have to repeat things to you, he is not a good owner but neither is he a really bad owner.  Snyder is a bad owner, mark davis is a weird owner, kraft is a creep owner, jones is a publicity hound owner. 

Woody wants to win, he pays the dollars to win he, just like 2/3 of the owners out there just are lousy football people who know no more than you me or anyone else on these forms.

Considering that we have a longer playoff drought than anyone by far, clearly he's the worst at it, no?

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2023 at 1:58 AM, Maxman said:

Let us know what other questions you have for Davis and we can ask him.

1. You say that Woody is a great owner, but the Jets have not made the playoffs over the last 13 seasons. In fact, the Jets have the NFL's longest active postseason absence. How do you explain that?

2. The Jets have had 4 head coaches over the last 10 years, with a record of 55 wins and 108 losses during that time period, almost losing twice as many times as wins.  That is considered a failure in any business.  How could you possibly say that Woody Johnson is a successful owner, when his record says something completely different?

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

1. You say that Woody is a great owner, but the Jets have not made the playoffs over the last 13 seasons. In fact, the Jets have the NFL's longest active postseason absence. How do you explain that?

2. The Jets have had 4 head coaches over the last 10 years, with a record of 55 wins and 108 losses during that time period, almost losing twice as many times as wins.  That is considered a failure in any business.  How could you possibly say that Woody Johnson is a successful owner, when his record says something completely different?

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1