It’s Black Monday. READ THE POLL QUESTION THEN VOTE.

Are the Jets going to fire Saleh?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Jets going to fire Saleh this week?

If we knew for certain, that a Payton, Harbough, or Reich were interested, then maybe not, but at this point, it's moot because Woody doesn't have the stones to reach out.

My guess is he may have to cut bait with MLF, but even that isn't guaranteed...

There needs to be some change, and that change needs to at least be on the offensive side of the ball. Defense gets a pass this year due to the better play from the previous year.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I made a mistake, I thought voting Yes was Saleh survives.

I do not think Woody fires Saleh.

However, it was an epic collapse and I wouldn't be shocked if Woody make a change. However, I think Woody only does it for Harbaugh or Peyton, more likely Harbaugh.

poll was opposite the thread title so i also voted yes on accident.  i don't think he gets fired.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Simple, straight forward question.
I’m curious what you looney tunes think will happen.

No, but they should part ways with LaFleur and bring another adult into the room. Not saying they shouldn’t fire Saleh, I just think they won’t, but they must get rid of LaFleur and add some experience  to this coaching staff.

• Upvote 3

As much as I hate him and this whole regime (JD included), I already said they have to come back for a final year to not tear things down again so quickly. This is like the Bowles Maccagnan situation where we knew they were terrible early but had to wait to not look like a dumpster fire.

This is why it’s likely a lame duck year but I can’t see firing either of them unless they can magically land a big time coach like Payton it Harbaugh. Hopefully some young players develop and the next defensive scheme won’t undo all the progress. Maybe there will be some good candidates in 2024 but this year seems like a bust and the Jets would be heavily criticized/blackballed by all the “geniuses” of the NFL/media.

Give JD and Salad enough rope to hang themselves so there is no question that they have to be fired. A BRUTAL collapse like this year would have been better for next year to put the nail in the coffin for them but it still really hurts them long term regardless. 

• WTF? 1

He a second year HC.  He had no QB play outside of a couple of games, no OL or running game at the end of the season due to injures to the OL and Breece going down.  His teams play hard, didn’t quit.  He’s not getting fired.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He a second year HC.  He had no QB play outside of a couple of games, no OL or running game at the end of the season due to injures to the OL and Breece going down.  His teams play hard, didn’t quit.  He’s not getting fired.

+ continuity. 

• Upvote 1

I think Woody Will insist that they bring in a more experienced offensive mind to help MLF (something along the title of Special Assistant to the Offensive Coordinator) but not to take his job No one is getting fired. 

• Upvote 1

The positive is he turned the culture around. That’s nearly impossible to do here. There were multiple times opponents commented how different theses jets were, they were tough and hit you and played hard all game. That’s not insignificant. As the HC as an executive evaluation , that’s a big gold star. 
He showed maturity in hiring shamash and crediting him for being the analytics guy on game decisions. Silver star. 

I’m totally confused on the Zach situation. Things seemed to go horribly wrong in the Monday meeting after the cheaters debacle and “no gate”. I feel like Saleh would have cut him on the spot if he didn’t have a guaranteed contract and the optics of him being the #2 pick. After that I don’t know how you make the “dark place’s “ comments and volunteering the “why me” comment. Was it tough love ? A test ?  Just super bizarre. Gotta say incomplete for now. 

the team played hard until they lost faith in Zach.   hard to kill him too much on that but motivation is part of the job  

He has no idea how to use extra time. The jets get blown out after extra time. That’s inexcusable. 

the jets turnover differential came down to not creating enough and recovering enough fumbles. Hard to kill him on that but great defenses cause turnovers. This one did not. 

They were middle of the pack penalty wise. Worst was Arizona at 118, best was Atlanta at 68. Jets had 91, almost the same as the hills and I love McDermott. That’s basically a wash. 

The worst thing about the whole thing to me is playing Mike Quite in the second half of the Seattle game while he was in brutal pain and obviously not himself. What was to be gained ? What are you trying to find out ?  Flacco was a disaster of a backup (JDs handling of the QB room from day one is absolutely pitiful) but was he in the doghouse? 

There are areas I think he can learn from and grow from.

lastly, if he stays to STFU in press conferences.  He said before cheaters week that they were moving Moore to the slot. That wouldn’t have bamboozled belicheat but cmon. You can’t say sh*t like that. He has no idea how the media works.  How can the HC of the NYJ not be prepared for trap questions and douche bag questions designed to get a quote ?  How is Zach not prepared for the trap question?  

overall he gets like a C- but mostly because we don’t know yet about the Zach situation.  I think the reset was total bullsh*t, I think saleh borderline hates Zach lol. I just don’t know why or for sure yet. 

the only thing saving him is probably the financial aspect, the seemingly weak candidate crop this year and although they finished last in the division did win 7 games and played a meaningful game after Christmas. 

he probably gets another year but if I’m woody I want a detailed plan from JD and Saleh about the QB position and an explanation about the Seattle Mike White situation before making a decision 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

Just now, Jethead said:

+ continuity. 

Someone needs to tell us which teams regularly win who c hangs their CS every two years.  Unless a HC is atrocious ala Urban Meyer, if you hire a young 1st HC on a rebuilding team you have to give them more than 2 seasons.  New staff, new system, doesn’t, start over.  

1 minute ago, Larz said:

The positive is he turned the culture around. That’s nearly impossible to do here. There were multiple times opponents commented how different theses jets were, they were tough and hit you and played hard all game. That’s not insignificant. As the HC as an executive evaluation , that’s a big gold star. 
He showed maturity in hiring shamash and crediting him for being the analytics guy on game decisions. Silver star. 

I’m totally confused on the Zach situation. Things seemed to go horribly wrong in the Monday meeting after the cheaters debacle and “no gate”. I feel like Saleh would have cut him on the spot if he didn’t have a guaranteed contract and the optics of him being the #2 pick. After that I don’t know how you make the “dark place’s “ comments and volunteering the “why me” comment. Was it tough love ? A test ?  Just super bizarre. Gotta say incomplete for now. 

the team played hard until they lost faith in Zach.   hard to kill him too much on that but motivation is part of the job  

He has no idea how to use extra time. The jets get blown out after extra time. That’s inexcusable. 

the jets turnover differential came down to not creating enough and recovering enough fumbles. Hard to kill him on that but great defenses cause turnovers. This one did not. 

They were middle of the pack penalty wise. Worst was Arizona at 118, best was Atlanta at 68. Jets had 91, almost the same as the hills and I love McDermott. That’s basically a wash. 

The worst thing about the whole thing to me is playing Mike Quite in the second half of the Seattle game while he was in brutal pain and obviously not himself. What was to be gained ? What are you trying to find out ?  Flacco was a disaster of a backup (JDs handling of the QB room from day one is absolutely pitiful) but was he in the doghouse? 

There are areas I think he can learn from and grow from.

lastly, if he stays to STFU in press conferences.  He said before cheaters week that they were moving Moore to the slot. That wouldn’t have bamboozled belicheat but cmon. You can’t say sh*t like that. He has no idea how the media works.  How can the HC of the NYJ not be prepared for trap questions and douche bag questions designed to get a quote ?  How is Zach not prepared for the trap question?  

overall he gets like a C- but mostly because we don’t know yet about the Zach situation.  I think the reset was total bullsh*t, I think saleh borderline hates Zach lol. I just don’t know why or for sure yet. 

the only thing saving him is probably the financial aspect, the seemingly weak candidate crop this year and although they finished last in the division did win 7 games and played a meaningful game after Christmas. 

he probably gets another year but if I’m woody I want a detailed plan from JD and Saleh about the QB position and an explanation about the Seattle Mike White situation before making a decision 

GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 1