Saleh - Jets to be "aggressive as heck" to fix QB

Going to be deja vu all over again.  I think we look to make a move for Rodgers. Whether it happens is a different story.

Big name for Woody. Short term solution, seems to have a good relationship with Zach, and could walk after a year or two to hand the reigns over if Zach gets his sh*t together.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Exactly! 

Who would want that when we have a guy with 15 career TD's and 18 INT's, 6 fumbles, a 10% sacked rate, a 70.9 rating and a 8-14 record!

one is 23 with elite potential, and mobile

one is 28 with zero potential, and an immobile statue

its common sense really

NO GM takes Mike White over Zach Wilson ?

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL MW losses:

’21 BUF (11-6)

‘22 MIN (13-4)

’22 BUF (13-3)

’22 @Seattle (5 broken ribs aggravated before halftime)

4 losses, not 5

3 of 4 losses came vs teams with combined record of 37-13

And Minnesota game was lost by Berrios

he's 2 and 5 man he lost to New England in 21 also

he threw 2 awful picks and 1 game sealing pick vs Minny you can say Zach didn't lose the Lions game either then ?

if you're gonna shill do it right

he cant beat a good team WE ARE AWARE

POST HIS STATS IN THOSE LOSSES

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

His extension not what it seems. The guaranteed money is gone. He will insist on cut insurance before waiving a trade clause.

$40 million is currently guaranteed for injury.  That is why they told him to go home three weeks ago, they didn't want him to get hurt and be stuck with paying him $40 million, even if they cut him.

That $40 million of the remaining money on his contract becomes fully guaranteed on 2/15/23 if he is on a roster (any roster).

If they cut him before 2/15/23, he loses that guarntee.

If they trade him before 2/15/23, the next team will be stuck with that guarantee as of 2/15/23.

That's why the Raiders need to make a decision on him by mid February, they don't want to be stuck with that guaranteed money, so cut or trade by 2/15/23.

So yes, there's a lot of guaranteed money on that contract remaining, if it is still in place on 2/15/23.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

This is interesting.

Yea, it certainly signals the opposite of “they’re going to double-down on Zach”. Sounds like Zach will be here as a developmental player since he’s on his rookie deal. The team is going to move on in the immediate. If Zach is salvaged, it’ll be as a backup or trade chip.

• Upvote 2

Just now, IndianaJet said:

$40 million is currently guaranteed for injury.  That is why they told him to go home three weeks ago, they didn't want him to get hurt and be stuck with paying him $40 million, even if they cut him.

That $40 million of the remaining money on his contract becomes fully guaranteed on 2/15/23 if he is on a roster (any roster).

If they cut him before 2/15/23, he loses that guarntee.

If they trade him before 2/15/23, the next team will be stuck with that guarantee as of 2/15/23.

That's why the Raiders need to make a decision on him by mid February, they don't want to be stuck with that guaranteed money, so cut or trade by 2/15/23.

So yes, there's a lot of guaranteed money on that contract remaining, if it is still in place on 2/15/23.

Ah thanks for the explanation. I should have said the contract was designed to give the Raiders a quick out and Carr received in return a NTC.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I thought he did a nice job in the presser today. It seems like the message was heard. Hopefully they’re not just blowing smoke regarding the QB.

They practically threw a parade for themselves last offseason for trying (& failing) to get Tyreek Hill

probably the same thing going on here. They gotta sell tickets so they will appear to attempt to get a good QB but at the end of the day they wont really do anything consequential 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL MW losses:

’21 BUF (11-6)

‘22 MIN (13-4)

’22 BUF (13-3)

’22 @Seattle (5 broken ribs aggravated before halftime)

4 losses, not 5

3 of 4 losses came vs teams with combined record of 37-13

And Minnesota game was lost by Berrios

Ok. But to be fair, these are the kinds of games that you judge a guy on, not a depleted Bears secondary. Right? Well, let's see how he did against these teams. Lets just see. This year. 

Minn: 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 59.8 Rating 

Buff: 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 78.6 Rating

Sea: 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 47.4 Rating (fine, broken ribs. But he practice and he was cleared to play.) 

Mike White is made of glass, inexperienced and from what we have seen, not very good. The Jets can and will do better.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, it certainly signals the opposite of “they’re going to double-down on Zach”. Sounds like Zach will be here as a developmental player since he’s on his rookie deal. The team is going to move on in the immediate. If Zach is salvaged, it’ll be as a backup or trade chip.

Sounds like they’ll treat wilson as a rookie in terms of development, assuming they keep him.

if they’re unable to land one of the veteran qbs they pursue, i wonder what plan B is.  Surely they wouldn’t trade up in the draft…..

17 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

he threw 2 awful picks and 1 game sealing pick vs Minny you can say Zach didn't lose the Lions game either then ?

LOL

he came in cold (in his 1st career appearance) as an injury sub for ZW vs NE in '21

I'm not putting that loss on him

Dude probably had zero practice reps with the Ones all season prior to that

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

They practically threw a parade for themselves last offseason for trying (& failing) to get Tyreek Hill

probably the same thing going on here. They gotta sell tickets so they will appear to attempt to get a good QB but at the end of the day they wont really do anything consequential 

Yeah. That’s the old Knicks philosophy, promise to be in the mix for guys with no actual chance of landing anyone significant lol. Fans typically buy it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yeah. That’s the old Knicks philosophy, promise to be in the mix for guys with no actual chance of landing anyone significant lol. Fans typically buy it.

Part of it is likely gamesmanship to drive up prices for other teams 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I thought he did a nice job in the presser today. It seems like the message was heard. Hopefully they’re not just blowing smoke regarding the QB.

I don’t think there’s any way they’re blowing smoke.

I’ve been saying for a while now that Jets fans are kidding themselves if they think we’re rolling with someone like White, Minshew, etc to get this team over the hump.

I don’t care what Woody says publicly, Saleh and JD’s jobs are very much on the line next season. To rely on some backup/fringe starter at QB would be pure stupidity.

I honestly think it’s going to be one of Carr, Rodgers or Lamar.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Lamar is a huge risk. He's never beeen any good for production with his WRs either. All legs and Mark Andrews.  Why does Baltimore want to see him gone?

And think about this, after this weekend Brock Purdy, aka Mr Inconsequential, will have the same # of playoff wins as Lamar Jackson.  
Running QBs don’t win

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This fan base WILL NOT allow ZW to throw another pass as a Jet.

This fan base, along with every other NFL fanbase has no say as to who gets to throw another pass for their team.  

Thankfully.  Fans say ridiculous things like Whites better than Jimmy G or Carr. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Exactly! 

Who would want that when we have a guy with 15 career TD's and 18 INT's, 6 fumbles, a 10% sacked rate, a 70.9 rating and a 8-14 record!

Someone who can’t stop bringing a second year QB who’s struggled into the equation?

And for all their records do for the argument, Zach was 5-4 while MW had a losing record.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And think about this, after this weekend Brock Purdy, aka Mr Inconsequential, will have the same # of playoff wins as Lamar Jackson.  
Running QBs don’t win

It is an interesting point who is the last dual threat QB to win a Super Bowl?? Russell Wilson I guess you could say was a plus scrambler in his prime?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is an interesting point who is the last dual threat QB to win a Super Bowl?? Russell Wilson I guess you could say was a plus scrambler in his prime?

Russ was an effective runner, I agree.  Also that entire offense was run based, leaning on Lynch first.  But I was thinking more along the Lamar type.  Leads the league in rushing yards as a QB, sets the record for rushing yards and then when his team falls behind is useless trying to play catch-up.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Zach Wilson started and played til mid 2nd Q. Mike White didn't have his first possession until the 3rd quarter when the Jets were down by 21.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Russ was an effective runner, I agree.  Also that entire offense was run based, leaning on Lynch first.  But I was thinking more along the Lamar type.  Leads the league in rushing yards as a QB, sets the record for rushing yards and then when his team falls behind is useless trying to play catch-up.  

Don’t think such a player has ever won it all

• Upvote 1