Saleh - Jets to be "aggressive as heck" to fix QB

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Correct.So what QB with options or with a no trade clause signed up for lame duck Saleh and a spanking new OC implementing the next vaunted new system? Same idea; what great OC is signing up for lame duck 2023 Saleh who jsut threw his palunder thebus.Mayonly be 32 teams, but this isn't among the better jobs for either. 

This is why we are the Jets, this is how we roll

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

It's utter insanity.

These are fat guys with stains on their shirts who just divorced their ugly wives, their friend offers to set them up on a date with Margot Robbie and they be like... "Ehhhh, her teeth are too weirdly spaced for me".

No it's like you get a chance to have sex with her and you find out she has a mutant STD that will make your dick fall off. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Name the league leading rushing QB who’s been a championship winning QB.

Name them all.

I was going to guess Rodger Staubach in 77 but I just looked it up.  He was the second leading rushing QB with 171 yards.  Not exactly a running QB.  Very mobile but not a running QB. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I bet he does... I also bet the GM that takes him there gets fired in the next 3 years or so.

There are trash hype beasts who are "Toolsy" with "prototypical size" but lack the production and actual skill to warrant the hype every year. Tanner isn't even all that toolsy. Watch some tape breakdown read some analysis and you'll see a plethora of red flags with both Levis and McKee. I'm not sold on Bryce or Stroud and they are leagues ahead of anyone else in the class.

Good luck to you and Tanner you make a beautiful couple.

The GM's, taking heads and fans can all speculate, but it is a crap shoot.  We wont know for sure about any of them until they see the field.  

I've gotten some flame in here regarding McKee.  I'll be on hand to take my lumps or poke at my detractors with a stick after he gets some time in.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

So he will settle to be Justin Herbert’s backup? If he wants to be a starter he will be coming east most likely. (Jets, Washington, Carolina, etc)

Not saying he won't.  But he could come east and play in Carolina.  Or Florida.  Or in a domed stadium.  I am sure New York won't be high on his radar.  UNLESS he thinks there is a shot here to win.  If Olsen were to be here, he sees the RB/WR combo we have, and gets assured the O-line gets fixed, he might be interested.

BUT caveat emptor.....I have ALWAYS been leery of California boys coming to the east and playing in the cold.  

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The GM's, taking heads and fans can all speculate, but it is a crap shoot.  We wont know for sure about any of them until they see the field.  

I've gotten some flame in here regarding McKee.  I'll be on hand to take my lumps or poke at my detractors with a stick after he gets some time in.  

I mean you're basically saying you got a feeling about McKee... okay fair enough, in the end you could be right. I just see it as highly highly highly improbable and in no way support taking him anywhere prior to the 4th. If your right I'll eat crow but if  you're wrong I'll be there to gingerly poke you with the wrong stick.?

If we took him in the third I would begrudgingly get behind it  but I want instant impact/contribution out of rounds 1 and 2 and he's a project at best. 

What are your thoughts on Levis? .... cards on the table im not a fan.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Zach with a new OCo/system designed for his elite RAS scores and skillz yo.

They're gonna be "super aggressive" to rehabilitate Zachypoo.

Part of that will be being sure he's not looking over his shoulder all year at Mike White, no divided locker rooms.

Zach, Flacco, Dalton 2023.

Lol.

Yeah man, the word "play" after QB took the air out of my sails too. 

4 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

None of the realistic options are any better than Mike White IMO, who is a competent but underwhelming option, much like the attainable guys on your list

Maybe not as far as competence. But has he ever played three games without getting hurt? Not sure honestly, but if we keep Zach as a back up we have to be certain he doesn't see the field for an extended time. 

21 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I mean you're basically saying you got a feeling about McKee... okay fair enough, in the end you could be right. I just see it as highly highly highly improbable and in no way support taking him anywhere prior to the 4th. If your right I'll eat crow but if  you're wrong I'll be there to gingerly poke you with the wrong stick.?

If we took him in the third I would begrudgingly get behind it  but I want instant impact/contribution out of rounds 1 and 2 and he's a project at best. 

What are your thoughts on Levis? .... cards on the table im not a fan.

actually, i dont expect he will be a project.  i think we'll know if he can play or not very soon after being plugged into a pro offense.  he's either going to be useless or a very nice pocket passer.  he has arm very good ball placement and anticipation,  clean footwork,  clean fundamentals.  a very good football IQ.  what we have not seen is mckee against the speed of an nfl pass rush and the nfl game in general.  for sure, the game will take a bit of time to slow down for him, as it would for any rookie, but i think early on we'll see if there is EVER any chance he can handle the pro game.  if he can and we'll know quickly, i think he may wind up being a top notch passer.  

There is a lot of room for improvement when you have had the league worst starting QB for three seasons running.  We do not need to find our Mahomes (hopefully we do someday) but league average QB play would be a huge improvement over what we have had for most the last decade.
This. Consistent, serviceable QB play is all we need right now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

Zach Wilson
New York Jets · Year 2

2022 stats: 9 games | 54.5 pct | 1,688 pass yds | 7.0 ypa | 6 pass TD | 7 INT | 102 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 1 fumble

Saleh insists the Jets will go "through hell or high water" to maximize Wilson's potential. Time will tell if the team follows through when careers are at stake. It won't be easy to sell Gang Green's locker room on another autumn-into-winter misadventure with your most important player operating underwater. You can blame the Jets for their mishandling of a young quarterback. Or Joe Douglas for picking the wrong guy. You can blame the quarterback himself for making Sundays a drag. Signal-calling implosions take a village. I'll be stunned if he's New York's starter come September.

hey Zach lovers, here is where NFL.com has our QB1 ? ranked

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is fantastic news, I am so glad to hear the Jets are about to land the next Patrick Mahomes since guys like this are readily avaialble. Exciting times ahead Jets fans!

Can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.  People are like "we're only a QB away.  We'll solve that this offseason" as if every single team that doesn't have a FQB isn't looking for the same thing.  The idea that the Raiders are moving on from a 32 year old QB should tell us all something.  Same with the Ravens and Lamar.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We will hire an OC tailored specifically to our top target. Woe him, then fail to get him and be forced to bring on another QB who doesn’t match with the OC.

Reminds me when we gave cupcakes to Dont’a Hightower when he came for a visit on his birthday. Cringe AF.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Can't tell you how much I appreciate this post.  People are like "we're only a QB away.  We'll solve that this offseason" as if every single team that doesn't have a FQB isn't looking for the same thing.  The idea that the Raiders are moving on from a 32 year old QB should tell us all something.  Same with the Ravens and Lamar.

Its funny, a month or so ago, Mike White was second only to Jesus himself, now, he is chopped liver and all these QB's that their team is moving on from them, are going to take us to the SB. And, they are all clamoring to come here with a moron owner, no OC, a terrible O line and a fan base that hates their QB's like nobody else

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Its funny, a month or so ago, Mike White was second only to Jesus himself, now, he is chopped liver and all these QB's that their team is moving on from them, are going to take us to the SB. And, they are all clamoring to come here with a moron owner, no OC, a terrible O line and a fan base that hates their QB's like nobody else

Because all those QBs are better than Zach Wilson.  Is it really that big of a stretch to think Derek Carr is better than the league’s worst qb?

• WTF? 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson is stinky diarrhea.  I almost feel sorry for you thinking otherwise and all he needs is a different OC

what in the living fck are you talking about???????? ZW is done, he is not the barometer here, its Mike White. ZW will never throw another pass for the Jets again, move the fk on, its ridiculous already. Compare other QB's to Mike White, not ZW

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't see a big improvement out there above Mike White, ZW is out of the picture will be cut, he can't hurt you guys anymore, move on.

The benchmark is Mike White, not ZW

Why are you talking like you know your a** from your elbow about this? You don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Knock it off with the condescending BS.

• Post of the Week 1

This is the portion of our program where everyone starts banging tables for OCs who’s names they never heard of until 3 days ago when someone mentioned them on Twitter.

If I asked any of you a week ago who Olson, that Pep guy or any of the others including Bevell worked for you wouldn’t have known. I’ll bet half wouldn’t know Hackett’s first name. 
Yet now we’re all experts, am I right?