Sauce named "NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" & "DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" & Garrett Wilson named "OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR"

pointman

10 hours ago, sciond said:

AVT is a bust?

Moore is a good player

Mins got a bit better

Both Carters are bad?

Bryce Hall is bad?

Jury is still out on Becton but not that promising

Well ZW sucks

However these drafts were solid and with his penchant for finding players through other means makes this a solid 53

JD has done solid work..

Want Idzik back?

I said 1st 2 drafts......   Mims???  Couldn't get a 6th for him.  Becton will be a bust,  

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

He gets a big FAT F for 2021 just for Zach Wilson alone. That's the reason we're talking about trading for Aaron Rodgers right now. 

Just curious if a big fat F is worse than a standard F in your evaluation of a GM.

Knowing that he gets a big fat F for his first draft do you wish we fired him last year..... before he took Sauce and Garrett Wilson and breece hall? 

If not,  when will you guys stop whining about his first draft as a GM?

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If not,  when will you guys stop whining about his first draft as a GM?

If you combine and F (2021) with an A (2022) you have a C. You said the last two years combined was the "2 best by any GM in our history." You're trying to lump and F with an A and make it out like he's had a two year run of great drafts. 

15 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

His drafts have gotten progressively better to the point where you could argue that the last 2 drafts combined where the 2 best by any GM in our history. 

I'll bite. '06/'07. They just retired 3 guys from those drafts already. Plus Harris and Washington, and even a few of the other guys that they got some decent production from on their rookie deals like Brad Smith and Coleman.

00/01. Ellis/Abe/Coles/Pennington...etc, then Moss, Jordan, and McKenzie. Those two drafts laid the foundation for a team that had quite a run of playoff appearances.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me too! If I’m the Jets  I’d be like 

5F539D63-CA3E-4EDA-AB05-40DC91D07F26.gif

Of course.

Then no Rodgers for you.  Enjoy watching Zach flounder or Mike White break apart again in 2023, lol.

The worst outcome for Green Bay is "oh no, our future HOF, career-Packer franchise QB plays one more season for us, a season we can market as a farewell tour if needed, what shall we do!"

Jets have no leverage.  They want him, they'll pay the price.  Or no Rodgers.

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Of course.

Then no Rodgers for you.  Enjoy watching Zach flounder or Mike White break apart again in 2023, lol.

The worst outcome for Green Bay is "oh no, our future HOF, career-Packer franchise QB plays one more season for us, a season we can market as a farewell tour if needed, what shall we do!"

Jets have no leverage.  They want him, they'll pay the price.  Or no Rodgers.

Giving up Sauce and Wilson for Rodgers is like paying for a steak with your teeth. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The most Jetsy thing this franchise would do is fire their GM after last year's draft class.

he did well this draft. but the 2 before were semi disasters. and he has still failed to put a winning product on the field........if he can fix the qb situatrion and oline situation this year he should be fine though

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

If I'm the Packers, I offer Rodgers strait up for Wilson and Sauce.  Not crapshoot draft picks.

Take it or leave it.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and leave it.

...are we actually supposed to even consider that?  They can enjoy 39 year old Aaron.  But I'm sure there will be plenty of other teams willing to offer up their All-Pro rookies, so they'll probably be fine.  

19 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

he did well this draft. but the 2 before were semi disasters. and he has still failed to put a winning product on the field........if he can fix the qb situatrion and oline situation this year he should be fine though

On one hand, yeah he botched the Zach pick.  On the other, he seems to have done a good enough job building the rest of the roster to the point where guys like Rodgers are even contemplating the idea of playing here.  I guess that in itself is a positive.  Oh and 4 pro-bowl caliber players in the last 2 drafts is not a bad output.  QB botch or not.  

We finally have a core to be excited about.  I'm happy with that.  JD's done alright by me to this point, and I'd gladly give him another swing at the QB position in the 2024 draft if he can get us to the playoffs in 2023.