fulltime Ayahuasca salesman, part time NFL QB A-A-Ron Rodgers says Zach sucks, our D is stacked, and our O becoming legit. He comin'

pointman

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love AR for his stance on those questions.

Though how Jetsy would it be if Hochul pulls the ridiculous stunt that (I think) De Blasio started with preventing athletes from playing in home games if they're not vaxxed.

So he doesn’t play against the bills.  Not a big deal

or most likely you don’t remember the jets play in nj

26 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@Mogglez the media keeps saying Hackett is most likely getting the OC . If it’s without Rodgers , how clueless are the jets ? This screams Adam gase all over !! If Hackett is the OC , it better be because Rodgers 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny thing is other than his last name, Hackett is pretty qualified to be someone’s OC.  Is as qualified as others

Hackett without Rodgers would definitely not be my first choice, but he is definitely better than Gase ever was or will be.

Brian Johnson would be my go-to guy, but if the Jets suck next year everyone is gone anyway, so shoot for the fences and try and get Aaron.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Hackett without Rodgers would definitely not be my first choice, but he is definitely better than Gase ever was or will be.

Brian Johnson would be my go-to guy, but if the Jets suck next year everyone is gone anyway, so shoot for the fences and try and get Aaron.

From everything I'm hearing, Brian Johnson seems to be the most coveted in terms of "young offensive minds" where you might actually strike gold with another McVay type.

Hurts has shown drastic improvement from his rookie year til now.

Who deserves credit for that I have no idea.

At this point, we pretty much all know Nate Hackett sucks, whereas with Brian Johnson, at least there's hope he could be a star.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Johnson would be a good choice, as would others.  But almost all of the anti Hackett IMO comes from all the years of hating on his father.  His work at Stanford, with Marone, Bills etc says he is a viable candidate.  I can’t hate him because Wilson crapped the bed too.  

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

From everything I'm hearing, Brian Johnson seems to be the most coveted in terms of "young offensive minds" where you might actually strike gold with another McVay type.

Hurts has shown drastic improvement from his rookie year til now.

Who deserves credit for that I have no idea.

At this point, we pretty much all know Nate Hackett sucks, whereas with Brian Johnson, at least there's hope he could be a star.

I wouldn’t say Hackett sucks, necessarily.  What he did with Bortles was excellent.  In 2013, the Bills were efficient, and then he got to work with Rodgers and there was a big jump (obviously Aaron attributed to that.)  When you look at the bad years, he had absolute trash to work with, and Bortles showed his true colors.

My issue with Hackett, as an OC, is I that don’t think there is a high ceiling.  I think he could scheme up a good-not phenomenal offense for someone like Carr or Jimmy G., but someone like Johnson would be much better.  What Hackett brings to the table is you know he can work with Rodgers, design an offense that maximizes his talent, and that Aaron absolutely loves, maybe even prefers, him as his OC at any potential destinations that aren’t Green Bay.  To be honest, without a guarantee of getting Aaron, I don’t envy the position of Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh right now when it comes to this decision.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh yeah? Well too bad! Jets love him!

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m certainly going to get flack for this, but Aaron is certainly in that conversation for me.  It’s similar to how a lot of older people I spoke to about football growing up used to tell me that Dan Marino will always be the greatest QB they ever watched, despite the lack of a ring/rings...except Aaron does currently have one, along with a Super Bowl MVP.

Rodgers is, by far, the most gifted passer I have ever watched, is someone I emulated when I played the position, and I would absolutely love to have him QB the Jets.

I don't think it's a crazy take at all. He was pretty amazing in his prime, I just wonder how much he really has left. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When did A. Rodgers become the GOAT? :confused:

4 MVP awards, second to only P Manning.

Played most of his career with only one good WR

Best TD to INT ratio of all time. 

Considered by many as the best pure deep passer of all time. 

As durable and consistent as any QB ever. 2022 with no weapons after 2 straight MVPs. 

On the flip side, only one Super Bowl win. The reason why he is still paying. Good for us. If we want to win now, we get him. If we want to build for the future, we get Lamar or Carr. If we want Zach Wilson to play half the year next year, we get Jimmy G.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m certainly going to get flack for this, but Aaron is certainly in that conversation for me.  It’s similar to how a lot of older people I spoke to about football growing up used to tell me that Dan Marino will always be the greatest QB they ever watched, despite the lack of a ring/rings...except Aaron does currently have one, along with a Super Bowl MVP.

Rodgers is, by far, the most gifted passer I have ever watched, is someone I emulated when I played the position, and I would absolutely love to have him QB the Jets.

I think Mahomes might be the most talented QB I've ever seen (though Brady is the GOAT).

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, jetsons said:

fulltime Ayahuasca salesman, part time NFL QB A-A-Ron Rodgers says Zach sucks, our D is stacked, and our O becoming legit. He comin'... 

Not sure how saying a little humility is good for everyone equates to them sucking??? 

secret GIF

It was a joke. See, everyone on this forum hates Zach and is going off about how bad he sucks. I was playing into that. I adore Zach. I thought the clear nature of the thread title was a dead giveaway (for just about everyone but you) that I was joking. I am sorry I was not as obvious as I had hoped. I will try harder next time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Signed. Sealed. Delivered. Future Canton Jet Hall of Famer, A-A-Ron. 

This is just an outstanding analysis by Aaron Rogers. 

People are nuts if they want him trash Zach Wilson when he shouldn’t and I agree with everything he said here!

However he did not say he was coming to the Jets!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

This is just an outstanding analysis by Aaron Rogers. 

People are nuts if they want him trash Zach Wilson when he shouldn’t and I agree with everything he said here!

However he did not say he was coming to the Jets!

Rumor has it he was blinking in morse code. He comin'!

• Haha 4

Just now, jetsons said:

Normally true, but he's won the MVP 4 times in 10 years... I'll take that chance. 

He didn't look good last season. And he is going to turn 40 during the new season. I am worried he will drop off hard. Fingers crossed that if he comes here, he doesn't. And if he doesn't come here, hope he falls harder than 

Fail Falling Down GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

He didn't look good last season. And he is going to turn 40 during the new season. I am worried he will drop off hard. Fingers crossed that if he comes here, he doesn't. And if he doesn't come here, hope he falls harder than 

Fail Falling Down GIF

That's okay, I'll Still Do It... Brady won a SB at 43.

42 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

100% agree. Greatest thrower of the football I’ve ever seen.  Always remember that throw vs Dallas believe in playoffs running to his left and flicks it 40 yards on a line to the sideline to the TE. Don’t think anyone in NFL history makes that throw. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

If Rogers comes on the Jets next year I could care less if Zach Wilson kisses donkey butts for the rest of his NFL career and I mean that in the nicest way possible!!

:)

Charlie Brown bringing the HEAT baby! Get Aaron Rodgers on this team and let’s burn this mother****er down! Upgrade the servers, @Maxman!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I love that NFL players don't follow the league at all.

"Yeah, didn't they get a guy...ummm, what's his name...he went to ermm...umm..Ooohiioooo State, maybe"?

I interviewed a player one time who was talking about a guy on his own team who was traded, and he was like "yeah, we traded a guy...uhhh" and I interjected with the player's name because I knew what situation he was talking about and he just says "yeah, that was his name".

• Haha 4

Just now, AFJF said:

I love that NFL players don't follow the league at all.

"Yeah, didn't they get a guy...ummm, what's his name...he went to ermm...umm..Ooohiioooo State, maybe"?

I interviewed a player one time who was talking about a guy on his own team who was traded, and he was like "yeah, we traded a guy...uhhh" and I interjected with the player's name because I knew what situation he was talking about and he just says "yeah, that was his name".

I think he just does that more on purpose. You know, him being known as a douche bagel.

• Haha 1