fulltime Ayahuasca salesman, part time NFL QB A-A-Ron Rodgers says Zach sucks, our D is stacked, and our O becoming legit. He comin'

pointman

Just now, Jet Nut said:

So who cares if someone says maybe the GOAT can help ZW?  What’s the harm in it other than it pisses the Zach sucks and has to go crowd.

Hey, fine by me. I personally think they are going to leave Zach on the roster, regardless of who they bring in. 

My concerns with Rodgers are really more about his commitment to excellence and winning at age 39 combined with the fact that he had a down year this season and his skills just might be regressing. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Im sure one of them will bring up vaccination questions.

I love AR for his stance on those questions.

Though how Jetsy would it be if Hochul pulls the ridiculous stunt that (I think) De Blasio started with preventing athletes from playing in home games if they're not vaxxed.

EDIT:  Yes, I realize I made a mistake in the above post.  We play in NJ, not NY.  So just apply the same BS to Phil Murphy instead of Kathy Hochul.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I’d like for Douglas to trade Zach -just clean the slate- but I don’t think he will unless he can get what he perceives to be fair compensation. Have to put that in the 2024 2nd rounder-plus range, or so, right? Think he’s gonna get that? Or could be asking for more? I do think it’s most likely that Zach is carried at least this coming season. By definition, that would mean that leaving the door open is exactly what they’d be doing in that scenario. So a guy like Rodgers would be kinda perfect, especially if he’s willing to try to help Zach. 

I wonder if by the end of the day that’s the extra incentive that helps push them all in on Rodgers.  Get a QB that can get the team to a playoff and the best chance of salvaging anything out of the 2nd overall pick.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d like for Douglas to trade Zach -just clean the slate- but I don’t think he will unless he can get what he perceives to be fair compensation. Have to put that in the 2024 2nd rounder-plus range, or so, right? Think he’s gonna get that? Or could be asking for more? I do think it’s most likely that Zach is carried at least this coming season. By definition, that would mean that leaving the door open is exactly what they’d be doing in that scenario. So a guy like Rodgers would be kinda perfect, especially if he’s willing to try to help Zach. 

fair. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But he said he was super talented, not getting the between the lines part.  Also talked about how much time he spent in the facility, another accusation laid to rest.  
Sometimes you just suck, doesn’t make a difference how many tools or talent you have and how hard you work

For Me Flirting GIF by Chord Overstreet

I'm the one who posted the video! 

Also, Zach will be back!

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watch the clip again. Reiterates it right before talking about learning to play from the pocket

Tom, he said humility from time to time in one’s career can be a good thing, clearly meaning he’s had it, not needs it

Just now, SickJetFan said:

I dunno how legit this is but if they can now get AR to rework the cap charges that would be good deal

Wow that's heavily weighted to the Jets, isn't it?  All I've been hearing is "two 1st round picks".  And the conditional part makes zero sense since the 2024 pick would occur before the 2024 season.  SO how would anyone know if Rodgers can/will play?  That is one big mess of a tweet.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dcat said:

Wow that's heavily weighted to the Jets, isn't it?  All I've been hearing is "two 1st round picks".  And the conditional part makes zero sense since the 2024 pick would occur before the 2024 season.  SO how would anyone know if Rodgers can/will play?  That is one big mess of a tweet.

yeah just not sure if it just someone making something up

4 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@Mogglez the media keeps saying Hackett is most likely getting the OC . If it’s without Rodgers , how clueless are the jets ? This screams Adam gase all over !! If Hackett is the OC , it better be because Rodgers 

Funny thing is other than his last name, Hackett is pretty qualified to be someone’s OC.  Is as qualified as others

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I wonder if by the end of the day that’s the extra incentive that helps push them all in on Rodgers.  Get a QB that can get the team to a playoff and the best chance of salvaging anything out of the 2nd overall pick.  

And if Rodgers wanted to get away from Matt LaFluer, did the Jets fire Mike to clear that path a little wider? I’m sure the Jets would hire him any OC he wanted. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hey, fine by me. I personally think they are going to leave Zach on the roster, regardless of who they bring in. 

My concerns with Rodgers are really more about his commitment to excellence and winning at age 39 combined with the fact that he had a down year this season and his skills just might be regressing. 

Well that’s my thinking.  They’re heavily invested and a return doesn’t seem likely in trade that’s worth the effort.  Even if he just becomes a backup it’s better than nothing.  Not like there’s going to be a groundswell of support for ZW to play

I think we may get a Rodgers hell bent on proving he can still play and that GB screwed up

9 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@Mogglez the media keeps saying Hackett is most likely getting the OC . If it’s without Rodgers , how clueless are the jets ? This screams Adam gase all over !! If Hackett is the OC , it better be because Rodgers 

I feel like that if Hackett is hired it will be under the Senior Offensive Assistant role and won't be the OC calling the plays.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

And if Rodgers wanted to get away from Matt LaFluer, did the Jets fire Mike to clear that path a little wider? I’m sure the Jets would hire him any OC he wanted. 

Agreed.  
Plus how cool would the entire stadium look in number 12 jerseys?

• Haha 1

A-Rod's personality doesn't bother me at all.

What he says strikes people as unusual, but at least he talks like a normal person.  He's not trying to BS you or just repeat a company line.

ZW at this point sounds like a fearful robot who, when he realizes he's gone off-script, has to catch himself.

I don't even blame ZW for this. 

It has to be something with the Jets PR department.

Players go to the team speaking and acting like normal human beings and they end up on the other side sounding like mumbo-jumbo PVO spewing Bobby Saleh.

If you watch ZW interviews from his BYU days, he comes across like a relaxed happy kid.  Sort of arrogant, but whatever.  Not weird like he sounds now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That was Peter King..No "sources"..Just him throwing something against the wall

• Upvote 3