fulltime Ayahuasca salesman, part time NFL QB A-A-Ron Rodgers says Zach sucks, our D is stacked, and our O becoming legit. He comin'

pointman

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Wow that's heavily weighted to the Jets, isn't it?  All I've been hearing is "two 1st round picks".  And the conditional part makes zero sense since the 2024 pick would occur before the 2024 season.  SO how would anyone know if Rodgers can/will play?  That is one big mess of a tweet.

No one is giving the GBP 2 1st rd DP's for Rodgers at age 39 and at least $60 million the next two seasons...if someone does, they can have him....and I'm a get Rodgers proponent.  Problem is, the NYJ still have some holes to fill say on OL etc before a Rodgers trade would have the best chances of success here, so trading multiple 1sts, taking the cap hit and having a stagnant roster would not be a great move for  the NYJ.

That mentioned trade is VERY fair, and IMO very much along the lines the GBP can expect in a  Rodgers trade.  If that's the deal, I make it every day if I'm the NYJ.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking but there sure seems to be a ground swell of Rodgers talk specifically tied to the Jets.

My first impulse is to think that the Packers are using the Jets to drive up the return in any trade. But my second belief is that maybe Aaron Rodgers—for whatever reason—wants to play in New York.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My first impulse is to think that the Packers are using the Jets to drive up the return in any trade. But my second belief is that maybe Aaron Rodgers—for whatever reason—wants to play in New York.

Well, half this board says he has personality 'stuff' or a disorder of sorts....so maybe he'd fit right in.

At least he wouldn't give a sh*t about NY Media

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Well, half this board says he has personality 'stuff' or a disorder of sorts....so maybe he'd fit right in.

At least he wouldn't give a sh*t about NY Media

He’s brosophical.  Let’s not make him out to be a Rhodes Scholar.  Going to Berkeley obviously is no joke, however.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love AR for his stance on those questions.

Though how Jetsy would it be if Hochul pulls the ridiculous stunt that (I think) De Blasio started with preventing athletes from playing in home games if they're not vaxxed.

Well for starters they play in NJ. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Gotta love the NFL where being smart or actually 'intelligent' gets you labelled with a 'personality disorder' of sorts.  If there is one individual that can take on and potentially slay the NYJ curse, IMO it would be Rodgers...because his 'personality disorder' or 'stuff' would allow him not give 2 f*cks what anyone else thinks of him...especially the NY Media

His interviews are very thoughtful.  Not the cookie cutter ones that most do. 
I guess that means he’s a freak

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s owed what, $150M?  
What owner isn’t going to get involved? 

$150m? That’s about $15,000 to Woody and the investment would be through the roof if Jets win a SB. It would be interesting just to see the looks he’d give Elijah Moore on his routes. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

I would love him on the Jets, but the more I am thinking about it, if he has any say in where he goes, he would want to go to the Raiders and be reunited with Davante Adams. I think we will end up with Carr at a cheaper price. 

Raiders

Brady 1A

Rodgers 1B

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He sent a picture of his dick to some intern in the building *gasp*

Wasn’t just the Arizona game, we also beat Brady and the Pats in Foxboro when they were at the height of their dynasty after we had been repeatedly sh*tstomped by them throughout the previous 5 years. We beat the Titans when they were considered the best team in the league, etc.

Not saying Favre is some saint, but he’s a legitimate HOF QB and it was pretty sweet to see him doing Favre sh*t in a Jets uniform, for however briefly it lasted.

Yup, in addition to all the home games, I was at the game in Foxboro and the game in Tenn, and remember walking out after that game with my boys and all of us walking on a cloud convinced it was our year! That Titan team was undefeated at the time coming into the game at 10-1. People knock the Favre year, I just don't understand what games they were watching. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But he also said he was super talented, so not getting the need to read between the lines part.  Also talked about how much time he spent in the facility, another accusation laid to rest.  
Sometimes you just suck, doesn’t make a difference how many tools or talent you have and how hard you work

The game is way too fast for Wilson. Whether that's just so far or permanently-so remains to be seen. It looks pretty awful right now but when a player goes from having an accurate deep gun to not being able to hit a checkdown receiver 4 yards away, his head is swimming. He needs to be off the field for a year, if he ever returns to it better, but he wouldn't be the first to be totally overwhelmed-lost for multiple seasons and then it just kinda slows down for him from the neck up.

I wouldn't bet money on it, that's for sure, but he's worse now than he was when he got here. Some of it is the arrogance of trying to do the 1% that almost no one else can do, that makes a Mahomes special, without first mastering the 80% that any borderline starter like MFW can already do. And no doubt, some of it may very well be he's just a strong-armed dufus with no feel for the game & never will.

It doesn't look good, but some HOFers once looked like they'd never get it either. He doesn't need to be a HOFer to get by; just needs to not be the worst QB in the league.

Anyway eff all this. Get me Rodgers.

• Upvote 3