Schefter: Sean Payton Expected to go to Denver

Lith

Very interesting 

I wonder if Sean's competitiveness got the better of him here. Might have been better off sitting out a year and going for a better job next year. Being locked into a washed Russell Wilson in the same division with Mahomes and Herbert is not what the doctor ordered, IMO. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, LockeJET said:

I would’ve made this deal in a heartbeat. Pick 13 and next years 2nd. And get a 3rd back in 24. I would’ve had no problem sh*t canning, Saleh for the same deal.

Even if we could have made the same deal, I doubt Woody would have been able to outbid the Broncos ownership on Payton's contract.

24 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Funny, people here will crap on trading a first and second for Rodgers but wish they would’ve traded a 1st and 2nd for a coach who hasn’t won without a hall of fame qb.

That Hall of Fame QB wasn’t a Hall of Fame QB until he played for Payton. He was a castoff, actually.

Also, one is in his prime, the other is in the twilight of his career. 

Last, one counts against the salary cap, one doesn’t. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Funny, people here will crap on trading a first and second for Rodgers but wish they would’ve traded a 1st and 2nd for a coach who hasn’t won without a hall of fame qb.

I guess the difference is the length of time to you'll get from Rodgers or Payton?