Mike White's salary forecast

Bronx

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Might as well get Bortles for half of that and let him be an actual mentor to Zach, because AR is the antithesis of a mentor.

Bortles, you can get for vet minimum or very close to it.  He's earned practically nothing the last few seasons.

That's if he wants a job - he quietly retired a short time ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i suppose there's a chance the jets will look at white as a possible starter for this season's team.  even though he got injured doesn't mean he's a china doll like chaddy was.  he took quite a hit.  just about any qb would've folded after that one.  but the issue is can he play big enough in the spots where he'll have to win a game?  hard to say.  the team moved the ball but the only team they scored points on with mfw was chicago.  bart starr wasn't the best athlete or passer on the packers.  lombardi picked him because he knew how to play the game and was a winner.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Not a chance he's re-signed. Too much will be invested in the starter and the suits upstairs will demand Zach be the backup. The upside of him knowing the offence has gone now with MLF. 

He should be brought back but it's not happening. He will be a great backup for any team. We'll be stuck with Zach. 

Yes, as long as they need him for less than three games at a time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I made a point.

Mike White won 1 friggen game.  He’s not a perfect backup.  He doesn’t win and doesn’t stay healthy.  That’s not a perfect backup.  
I never came close to mentioning ZW, the MW crew wants us to think the ZW & MW are the only two QBs out there.  
Theyre not

By this logic, the definition of perfect becomes never injured and never loses. There is no perfect like this, not even with superstars. I think maybe he meant ideal backup. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

By this logic, the definition of perfect becomes never injured and never loses. There is no perfect like this, not even with superstars. I think maybe he meant ideal backup. 

no, there’s a big middle ground between 1-3 and 2-1 in 3 games.  Just what we needed to make the playoffs.  He can’t seem to put the ball into the EZ and win when it’s needed.  I like him and would resign him but I’m not losing sleep over losing him to another team.  

He's a quality backup and at QB that comes with a heavier price tag than some starters, so the range sounds pretty likely, with the upper end of that only probably being reached if there's any team in a QB mess thinking of bringing him into an open competition.

As others have pointed out though, it's unlikely he sticks around with the Jets, short of things going so bad at the start of JD's QB hunt over the next month that he fully panics and suddenly becomes the highest bidder by a decent margin.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

how can anyone want blake bortles as the backup QB here?  he hasn't played since 2019 - i'd pony up 5M a yr for White as the backup.

A guy like Bortles or similar only works if you have a guy like Rodgers or Carr, and you want a minimum salary vet to help out in camp and in the meeting room.

Most likely, if the Jets land a Rodgers or Carr, Wilson is the backup and Streveler or a rookie is the 3rd guy earning the minimum.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well since the Rams were an epic, historic dumpster fire a year ago, White should feel at home.  

White was a dumpster fire? He didn’t seize the moment despite flashing but lost close games to 2 of the better teams in the league. He looked amazing against Chicago but that was a horrible team. He was trash playing with injured ribs and a team that already mailed it in. Still inconclusive with White but it’s on him to not have made a definitive statement with his opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

It’s still a west coast system and Mike White will learn it quicker than Zach, this league has proven with all the QB injuries that your #2 better be damn good and ready to play. Only 12 starters played every game this year.

And one of those 12 was Aaron Rodgers. He hasn't missed a start in 5 years.

• Upvote 1