NFL reporter says Packers open to keeping Aaron Rodgers after ‘disgusted’ claim

doitny

42 minutes ago, usanyj said:

What course is this that you're begging Joe to stay on???? Jimmy G and Carr likely get close to the same deal, except you'll be paying Jimmy G to not play more often than not. Carr plays.

And no way are they signing 2 QB's....so in reality, you begging for Jimmy G is really begging for more of Zach Wilson...yeah, stay the course. sure.

Joe W. Namath hasn't come out of his darkness retreat for three years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying Willis is their future at all but Tannehill most certainly isn't beyond 2023.  So moving on from him now when they can still maybe get some draft capital for him would be wise.

If I'm Tennessee I move or cut Tannehill and roll with Willis.  If Willis fails, at least you end up with a backdoor tank for a top pick.  

So we’re gonna pass on Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G etc with the hopes that Tennessee releases Tannehill on June 1st? With no guarantee he actually signs here. I’m sure the fan base will react favorably to this move. 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

So we’re gonna pass on Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G etc with the hopes that Tennessee releases Tannehill on June 1st? With no guarantee he actually signs here. I’m sure the fan base will react favorably to this move. 

I never advocated that.  Just stated what I think Tennessee should do, and why I think Tannehill will/should indeed be made available this offseason, whether via trade or cut.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What???????????  The NFC is terrible.  The Pack have a cakewalk to the #1 seed in the playoffs and homefield throughout.

Pack would be crazy to move to Love when a Super Bowl appearance is this close w/ Aaron Rodgers.

From Aaron Rodgers perspective:  Let me play for the worst team in the nfl the past 10 years and have to compete with Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, Allen etc etc etc.  Or I can stay in GB and worry about a running qb for the Eagles and nothing else.  

Jet fans have lost their minds even entertaining the thought of rodgers to the jets.

If the NFC is a cakewalk for the Pack with Rodgers then the Jets should do everything they can to get him, because that means doing better than the Eagles, 49ers, Lions, Vikings, Cowboys and a wealth of other teams that did better last season. You’re running in circles here.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I never advocated that.  Just stated what I think Tennessee should do, and why I think Tannehill will/should indeed be made available this offseason, whether via trade or cut.

I think you are correct.  I also believe that a trade for Tannehill is a more likely plan B for Douglas (Rodgers is clearly plan A) than either Carr or Garoppolo given the guaranteed years both will want/get on signing.  JMO...

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I think you are correct.  I also believe that a trade for Tannehill is a more likely plan B for Douglas (Rodgers is clearly plan A) than either Carr or Garoppolo given the guaranteed years both will want/get on signing.  JMO...

Garropolo isnt getting guaranteed years.  No franchise would do that.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So the Jets arent getting Dead End Derek or Rodgers.  Who has been saying this all along?  I cant quite remember who that poster is.

QB1 - Garropolo/Tannehill

QB2 - Minshew

QB3- Zach Wilson

Stay the course Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What course please? 

I like ? as a person and would root for him big-time obviously if he were a Jet.

But at 32 he’s also no spring chicken.  Some guys fade faster than others.

With Davante, Jacobs and Renfrow how did he manage to have such a subpar year?

Is it all a reflection of McDaniels?

What if Carr is already on his way down the cliff?

Having said all this, even a mediocre Carr year is still light years better than the pain-inducing ZW experience.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So the Jets arent getting Dead End Derek or Rodgers.  Who has been saying this all along?  I cant quite remember who that poster is.

QB2 - Minshew

QB3- Zach Wilson

Your course sucks.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

How about no, and I spend the season on a SAR-like crusade for Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh’s heads if we sign Garoppolo or Tannehill?

I think you’re mixing up your crusades here, Moggz.

The one you’ll want to emulate is when @Jetsfan80 and @Creepy Lurker ruled the airwaves with that “Fire Macc Thread”.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

My two cents is worth the same as anyone's guess.  He's either staying in GB or signing with the Jets.  He won't retire and share the podium with Brady during the HOF inductions.  I've said that AR will be signing with the Jets from the beginning of this circus and sticking with it.

Why would anyone think he’ll retire this year when he has a $58 mil guaranteed contract for 2023?

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you’re mixing up your crusades here, Moggz.

The one you’ll want to emulate is when @Jetsfan80 and @Creepy Lurker ruled the airwaves with that “Fire Macc Thread”.

I will burn myself alive, on the 50 yard line of the field at 1JD, during training camp, while Woody, Saleh, Joe Douglas, and Tannehill/Garoppolo stare into my melting eyes.

• Haha 4

To all the guys here losing there minds getting angry with Rodgers, tell me… what has HE actually said that’s upset you?

I don’t remember hearing him say he wants to play for the Jets, or would be okay with a trade here. All I’ve seen is talking heads say we are trading for him, and people here assuming it will happen.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

To all the guys here losing there minds getting angry with Rodgers, tell me… what has HE actually said that’s upset you?

I don’t remember hearing him say he wants to play for the Jets, or would be okay with a trade here. All I’ve seen is talking heads say we are trading for him, and people here assuming it will happen.

Haven’t heard him say he wouldn’t play here.

And the same talking heads that said he would play here are the ones now saying he won’t but now we should believe them now but not earlier 
Interesting

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Haven’t heard him say he wouldn’t play here.

And the same talking heads that said he would play here are the ones now saying he won’t but now we should believe them now but not earlier 
Interesting

Uh… my point was Rodgers hasn’t said or done anything that should be upsetting Jet fans. There’s no reason for people here to be upset with him.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Uh… my point was Rodgers hasn’t said or done anything that should be upsetting Jet fans. There’s no reason for people here to be upset with him.

And my post agrees given no one even knows what he’s doing so why be upset

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB2 - Minshew

QB3- Zach Wilson

I would take Mike White over all of those bums.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I will burn myself alive, on the 50 yard line of the field at 1JD, during training camp, while Woody, Saleh, Joe Douglas, and Tannehill/Garoppolo stare into my melting eyes.

damn I haven’t laughed that hard in a while lmaooo this was a good one  

laugh lol GIF by Challenger

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Packers have realized that their PR with their "disgust" and their frustration with his last offseason basically crushed their negotiating position.  

Rodgers is not tradeable for draft pick (future asset) compensation.  We can assume his contract.  He should be set up as a guaranty so that if he retires we don't get stuck.