Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If the Jets fire JD, they are a$$holes. JD is a solid GM. 

So who's the QB this year?  

If the Jets don't make the playoffs for 5 years under him.  And they will NOT with Mindschew (or any of those other JAGS) as the QB.  

At what point does JD have to take responsibility for Wins and Losses?  How long before he's not a solid GM? Year 6? year 7?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No you don’t, at least certainly not today.

For Garoppolo maybe, but whatever. I’m not losing sleep over not landing Jimmy G.

Stafford is a guy who I don’t see being moved for weeks, maybe months.

As for all of the backup QB’s like Gardner Minshew, Mike White and Jacoby Brissett, who people have duped themselves into believing are legitimate starters…I couldn’t care less which one they would bring in during that doomsday scenario.

If Stafford is healthy he's the perfect bridge QB.  Would love to get him for 1 to 2 years.  Depends of course on his elbow.

Unlike Rodgers he's a terrific person. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

If the Jets fire JD, they are a$$holes. JD is a solid GM. 

You cant draft an epic QB bust at 2 overall, then two years later blunder the QB position all over again, while rocking a 20-46 record...and expect to keep your job. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

recruiting FA's is very tough to do with a ? at QB.

We’re not making a big splash in FA regardless.

And the dudes that Rodgers would want to recruit (Thielen, Cobb, etc) are older vets who aren’t exactly prioritized during the opening wave of FA.

I’m fine with playing the waiting game for a while longer.

4 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

What the heck is this supposed to be? Speaking with Rodgers and laughing about jerking the Jets chain?

Also, is he speaking on 1 phone and recording on his burner phone? His wife may want to check that out

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Haha 1

The hot take is that we’d know by now if Rodgers was retiring. A delay likely means a protracted discussion of terms, either with Rodgers contract or the actual compensation going back to the Packers. I’d imagine both pieces would get complicated once the move itself was agreed to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Just remember, the reason the Jets will not go after a QB who wants more than a 2 year commitment is bc they believe Zach Wilson can play a year or 2 from now. We may miss out on a few legitimate starting options bc of it. 

According to who, other than the voices in your head?

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

You can't be considered a good GM if you have consistently struck out at the most important position in football. Has he not drafted as well last year he would've been fired after last season based solely on missing on Wilson

I don’t agree with you. The talent level on this team is much greater than when he was hired. His contracts, unlike his predecessor, are team friendly as we are never in cap he’ll. I agree it appears he whiffed on Wilson, but he also has drafted quite well overall. Firing him is the equivalent of biting off your nose to spite your face.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The hot take is that we’d know by now if Rodgers was retiring. A delay likely means a protracted discussion of terms, either with Rodgers contract or the actual compensation going back to the Packers. I’d imagine both pieces would get complicated once the move itself was agreed to. 

Wait until Rodgers ask's Woody to fork back over some of the contract offset the Packers are paying for.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So then, what is Rodgers if the Jets actually don't know?

Because by just about ALL accounts, including the "insiders" on this site - the Jets don't know.  Even Schefty just reported the Jets don't know.

Media lies bro.

NY knows Rodger is open to coming to the jets, the Packers need to make the trade and agree to the package Jets have thrown their way. Rogers wants to play and the back and fourth on the money is really more on Green Bay not on Rogers. 

I know the whole story narrative put our by Green bay is it is on rogers but that is not true. That is why Jets have not come out and said anything, they put the cards on the table and told rogers that the offer is in, we are waiting on Green Bay. 

Rogers gets so much hate by the media for nothing and hasn't really been supported by the team in a few years.

Guy was literally MVP and playing hurt and the team couldn't be more un loyal. Joe and co really emphasized at New York Jets Drive that we family/culture and that as hard as rogers play for this team Joe will be even more supportive with drafting players, FA and  to the press.

They are will to stand up for Farve and even mentioned how they would have handled the Covid stuff differently how they would have handled this process differently if they were green bay etc. 

Ultimately the only thing holding up the deal is Green Bay because they want to make sure they get the best offer, and now that FA has begun they will decide very soon that no other teams are going to offer better deal and sign off on the deal. 

All the talk about roger etc. no knowing what he is going to do is BS. And from what I hear it is true NY Jets do not know when they will accept, they feel confident it will be soon. 

We need to jsut be patient, now one possibility is that Rogers might also be wanting to hear of other teams are going to be in contention so he has option but he is 100% open to joining Jets if no other come up and for him the whole process and media narrative of this potential trade and showing him all over again how Green Bay has moved on and not supportive to him. That his years of service mean nothing. He knows his legacy is on his shoulder and have nothing to do with Green Bay. He feels with the rJets or another team he can win another super bowl, another MVP all while makeing a ton of money. 

I personally thing we are going to hear something like Wednesday 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t agree with you. The talent level on this team is much greater than when he was hired. His contracts, unlike his predecessor, are team friendly as we are never in cap he’ll. I agree it appears he whiffed on Wilson, but he also has drafted quite well overall. Firing him is the equivalent of biting off your nose to spite your face.

at some point the team needs to win and make the playoffs no matter how much better the talent is under JD (hard to be worse with what we had in the past)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So Jimmy G is gonna sign somewhere in 2 hours and we’re still gonna be waiting on Rodgers lol

3 hours ago, DireJet said:

Jacoby Brisket SZN gonna be mouthwatering. 

GIF by Demic

She’s even wearing the right color shirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We’re not making a big splash in FA regardless.

And the dudes that Rodgers would want to recruit (Thielen, Cobb, etc) are older vets who aren’t exactly prioritized during the opening wave of FA.

And you know that how? JD told you?

Or with Rodgers in house they would make a bold move or two to be all in?  We have NO idea if Rodgers wants to even play - yet you somehow know who he wants to recruit?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If the Jets don't make the playoffs for 5 years under him.  And they will NOT with Mindschew (or any of those other JAGS) as the QB.  

At what point does JD have to take responsibility for Wins and Losses?  How long before he's not a solid GM? Year 6? year 7?

Mindschew 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD is doing it the right way. He tore this team down when he got here and is now building it back up. He went from 2 to 4 to 7 wins. I agree he must take responsibility for whiffing on the QB, but he also gets credit for drafting the offensive and defensive rookie of the years. IMO is is a solid GM.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I gotta say, it’s almost impressive how Rodgers himself has sucked the joy out of this even if it does happen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an athlete that just assassinates the fun out of this sport like him. 

just gotta wait for the high to completely wear off brah ... chill ....

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fun fact, Johnny Mitchell made a fortune for himself buying and investing in real estate in South America.  
Not quite a McDonalds Mgr.  

Bill Parcells and his self serving BS speeches, the ones he never quite followed himself are irrelevant today.

The ass in the glass himself.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Stafford is healthy he's the perfect bridge QB.  Would love to get him for 1 to 2 years.  Depends of course on his elbow.

Unlike Rodgers he's a terrific person. 

Bridge to nowhere though. Draft Hooker!

• Ugh 2

25 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my rationalization that no body asked for.

While some may raise our eyebrows at some of Rodgers viewpoints, I don’t think he’s a scumbag of a person.  The Jets, by all accounts, have been nothing but forthright and professional with him, which is what he had requested of the Packers.

He knows the Jets have to move on at some point if he is not coming here, and there is no reason to believe he would purposefully put the Jets in a bind.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me and has no reason to punish the Jets in all of this.

All that leads me to believe he knows, the Jets know, and he just wants to communicate it on his own terms.  And if the Hets aren’t being connected to any other vet QB today or tomorrow, that should be all we need to know.

I agree. We may get some clues based on the Jets' free agency moves.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

And you know that how? JD told you?

Or with Rodgers in house they would make a bold move or two to be all in?  We have NO idea if Rodgers wants to even play - yet you somehow know who he wants to recruit?

Based on the fact that the Jets don’t have a ton of money to burn.

They just restructured multiple guys and cut Berrios to get out of the red and afford themselves a little wiggle room.

They aren’t dishing out multiple 1st wave free agent contracts whether they trade for Rodgers or not.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ZachStepdad said:

I think Rodgers is just waiting for another team to offer before jumping to our team ….. but that alone gives me a bad taste in my mouth I want a guy who wants to play here and wants to win … reason I liked the idea of Carr equally as having Aaron Rodgers 

The problem with another team is that the packers have only given AR permission to speak to the Jets. We’d know by now if there was another team in the mix, IMO

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Agreed 100%. The smart way to build a good team and then add a cheaply drafted qb. If they turn out to be Joe Burrow or Patrick Mahomes - Great, but most drafted qb are not the best players ever and need time to grow and get better. the moves Joe makes are sound the process is good and something we have sorely lacked for decades. 

you don't get rid of a good gm cause some young kid isn't ready to be Joe Namath on day one. that whole idea is silly. And who knows maybe Wilson grows and gets better riding the pine. Its not as far fetched as some would have you believe. Look at Geno Smith. Hard to belive that if he was our Qb last year we be in the play offs. 

Anyway i think Rogers is coming here and we are going to pay him a lot of money. And it will be worth every penny.

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ultimately the only thing holding up the deal is Green Bay because they want to make sure they get the best offer

I just think saying this like it's fact is a very strange take.

How you know so much more than anyone else. - and you know more than every report from anyone, including from guys like Adam Schefter.

But you know.  

Look, I'm not saying that it's not possible what you're saying - it is a reasonable explanation.  But it seems to be a less likely scenario based on reports.  I have to believe if it wasn't in fact Rodgers - but GB and Jets negotiation, we would at least be hearing hints of that from the media.  

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's the highest that Jimmy G has ever graded out as a QB?  18th?  Maybe 15th?

And you want him....even though he's missed 18 games over the last 3 seasons.....over Rodgers.  Baffling.

I'll take Rodgers at his worst, for however long he has left in this league, over Jimmy G at his best and healthiest.

I never said Jimmy G was better

he's just about the same level of play at half the price 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2