Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

It’s a fascinating thought. The butterfly effect of Rodgers not joining the Jets would be something. 

1) Do they pivot to Lamar Jackson? 

2) Do they make a move for one of these QBs in the draft?

3) Do they sign a Jacoby Brisset/Andy Dalton type to compete with Zach Wilson?

I think both Douglas and Saleh at this point realize they are out of a job if Rodgers spurned them. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Great update where you said actually nothing new.....you're a ******* hack bro who just repeated the same dog sh*t schefter and rappaport said 12 hours ago.....amazing journalism! journalism!

Triggered ? ? 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, what was the actual offense?

I’ve learned from MiLF.  In pro football in the red zone, it’s some kind of trick play with someone other than the QB throwing the ball or a WR running it.  Nothing else can possibly work. 

Oh.  Not what you meant?  I don’t know then.  

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I mean, at least we don't have to see Zach Wilson next year?

Rodgers is gonna throw touchdowns to G Wil and ask Mike Francesa if he's ever been on Epstein's jet. Should be a fun year. 

Does seem like you went from "skeptical fan" to 

image.thumb.png.53665225675f756e1274b9e04aae6b91.png

In 21 my hot take that turned me into a pariah was that Zach wilson isn't very good at qb 

In 23 my hot take that turns me into a pariah is that Aaron Rodgers is washed up at qb 

In a vacuum these are reasonable takes. Right now there's no tolerance for reasonable 

People are dreaming. A team with a 12 year playoff drought does not become a super bowl contender because they add a 40 year old QB 

That's not how any of that works 

You guys are just lucky I'm missing the part of my brain that distinguishes between good and bad attention 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

He will be playing that card the whole time here.

So it’s just a better option for him to retire before something like that happens? The rest of this team could go to the SB in a year or two with a good QB, it wouldn’t go well if that window closed because Zach Wilson was the starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, JerseyShoreJet said:

It’s a fascinating thought. The butterfly effect of Rodgers not joining the Jets would be something. 

1) Do they pivot to Lamar Jackson? 

2) Do they make a move for one of these QBs in the draft?

3) Do they sign a Jacoby Brisset/Andy Dalton type to compete with Zach Wilson?

I think both Douglas and Saleh at this point realize they are out of a job if Rodgers spurned them. 

I would think/hope not. Woody's the one who's in love with the big name star Rodgers. I think if Woody didn't stick his nose into the mix JD would have his QB and we'd be all set and could focus on the OL. 

Just one mans opinion. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

In 21 my hot take that turned me into a pariah was that Zach wilson isn't very good at qb 

In 23 my hot take that turns me into a pariah is that Aaron Rodgers is washed up at qb 

In a vacuum these are reasonable takes. Right now there's no tolerance for reasonable 

People are dreaming. A team with a 12 year playoff drought does not become a super bowl contender because they add a 40 year old QB 

That's not how any of that works 

You guys are just lucky I'm missing the part of my brain that distinguishes between good and bad attention 

Zach Wilson not being any good at QB was never - at any point - a hot take.

He literally has done nothing well since becoming a Jet.

• Post of the Week 2