Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Holding it up for this guys ego. If this doesnt show you how pathetic this organization is i dont know what else will. Literally Aaron could say to Woody I want to piss in your mouth before I make my decision and Woody would drop down to his knees in a second.

Joke organization. Complete laughter, completely pathetic. Grow some balls losers

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Lazard is nothing special, but he's an acceptable replacement for Corey Davis.  He'll be just fine as a #2/#3 WR.

No thanks to Cobb.  He's done.  I'd rather stick with and/or pick up younger options such as Jeff Smith who at least provides some speed to the offense and plays special teams.

The current stable of TE's is just fine.

I truly hope that Joe Douglas sticks to the plan of primarily building this team through the draft.  I don't mind bringing in one or two players that Rodgers is familiar with, but it should be done thoughtfully.  End of the day, the players should be able to get on the same page through camp, preseason, and offseason workouts.  Talent trumps all.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why people are bitching about Aaron Rodgers wish list. 

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis

Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios as a WR

Mercedes Lewis is one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

Those additions not only upgrade the team but they make Rodgers more comfortable. I don't understand what the problem is. 

The problem is if we give up on Elijah Moore and Jeremy Ruckert in exchange for aging and (in the case of OBJ) expensive veterans.  Moore and Ruckert are likely as good as these replacements NOW , and might become part of a deep core the Jets are building for the next 3-4 years.  I would love to see what Moore could do with a Rodgers and a competent Offensive Coordinator.  Anyone else see Ruckert's blocking against the Dolphins in the last week?  It was ELITE ... & nasty!

So there is a balance to it all.  

I'm fine with Lazard over Davis because he is durable and good in the red zone.  Plus younger who has gotten significantly better in each of the past 2 years.  It will probably cost us around $2-3M more per year, but that should be worth it.

I'm fine with Cobb as a 5th receiver.  Who cares as long as it makes Aaron feel more comfy ;).

I'm likely fine moving on from Denzel Mims because his NFL tape shows he cannot get open or catch with his hands.  I'm also fine giving him a shot with a QB the caliber of Rodgers.

But before we all over-react, Joe Douglas has shown he has a pair of balls and he won't just throw away recent draft picks.

• Upvote 2

The part that doesn't add up is Rodgers gives a Wishlist of guys he wants us to get. Is he holding over us that if we don't get them he's retiring? I don't think so. I think he just wants us to recognize he wants us to get talent that he wants and make the O better.

Think if you're Lazard and haven't gotten your big pay day yet. Are you signing with the Jets with Zach Wilson (as of now) as your starting QB? He's not signing a deal to be a Jet unless he KNOWS AR is coming. Because at that time it's a perfect time for Lazard to be selfish. You don't sign that deal (and maybe even leave money on the table elsewhere) without being guaranteed AR.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Holding it up for this guys ego. If this doesnt show you how pathetic this organization is i dont know what else will. Literally Aaron could say to Woody I want to piss in your mouth before I make my decision and Woody would drop down to his knees in a second.

Joke organization. Complete laughter, completely pathetic. Grow some balls losers

The Bucs did the same exact thing with Brady. Brady agreed to sign on but wanted his guys coming with him. Was it pathetic for the Bucs?

• Upvote 2

Just now, joebabyny said:

Its the optics of what seems to be AR handing Joe D a list and saying get some of these guys and then I'll come over. I don't know if that happened, but it seems that way from the way it is transpiring. 

I just want to say, myself, I have no problem with any of this, I am on board with AR coming here and pretty much any other support cast the Jets grab towards that goal.

the optics are in the eye of the beholder

to some, it may look like JD is sucking up to rodgers by getting his friends in an attempt to finally convince him to come play for the jets

to others, it looks like JD is pretty sure rodgers is coming here, and he's looking to build a team around rodgers to compete for a playoff/title run, including adding some of rodgers' preferred players.

i'm more in the second camp.  and of course, none of these other players have actually agreed to a deal with the jets (at least based on current reporting)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The part that doesn't add up is Rodgers gives a Wishlist of guys he wants us to get. Is he holding over us that if we don't get them he's retiring? I don't think so. I think he just wants us to recognize he wants us to get talent that he wants and make the O better.

Think if you're Lazard and haven't gotten your big pay day yet. Are you signing with the Jets with Zach Wilson (as of now) as your starting QB? He's not signing a deal to be a Jet unless he KNOWS AR is coming. Because at that time it's a perfect time for Lazard to be selfish. You don't sign that deal (and maybe even leave money on the table elsewhere) without being guaranteed AR.

Don't really Lazard.  Don't want Cobb.  And f*ck no to Mercedes Lewis. OBJ would just be adding a very negative headcase to a young WR room.  Anyone who wants him in the room with our young WRs is certifiably insane.

26 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Im not a Elijah Moore superfan or anything but playing those washed up vets before him its a dumb franchise move.

Ruckert not playing last year was super dumb and now you're going to give him up to play a 38 year old blocking TE and Mr. Drop Tyler Conklin?

We're not talking superstars here, they're a bunch of old vets who underperformed the last couple of seasons.

They aren't going to be signed to be starters... you realize that right?... Cobb hasn't started in Years nor Lewis... Hackett plays 4 TEs ... where is the downside here... Its his guys versus a bunch of Jags... TE is notoriously hard to play in the NFL and some TEs drafted high take 3+ years to become something... Look at every team across the league... Tons of TEs don't do anything in their first year and a lot of them are 1st rounders, not 3rd rounders.

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

A total a-hole of a QB, I mean a real, egomaniacal, anti-vax moron, Pat McAfee sycophant of a prick, has for now, spurned the Jets.

That's all we know. He hasn't said yes, during the time that he totally could have/should have. As a result, totally possible he's already burned or charred bridges in the locker room. Just all so friggin' sad. All for a washed up 40 year old a-hole.  We would have been in a nice place with Carr. I have no criticisms of Joe D and team because I don't know what's being said or offered, but right now, this sucks terribly and there's damage already. F you Woody if you passed on Carr.

stay home.png

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

They aren't going to be signed to be starters... you realize that right?... Cobb hasn't started in Years nor Lewis... Hackett plays 4 TEs ... where is the downside here... Its his guys versus a bunch of Jags... TE is notoriously hard to play in the NFL and some TEs drafted high take 3+ years to become something... Look at every team across the league... Tons of TEs don't do anything in their first year and a lot of them are 1st rounders, not 3rd rounders.

Theres only 53 roster spots, carrying semi-retired players is not a good deal.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't really Lazard.  Don't want Cobb.  And f*ck no to Mercedes Lewis. OBJ would just be adding a very negative headcase to a young WR room.  Anyone who wants him in the room with our young WRs is certifiably insane.

Setting yourself up to complain about everything?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good to hear players are starting to get tired of Rodgers' shi+.  Tell the dumbass to crap or get off the pot.

They don't understand FA...And it's not their jobs...Just work on getting better..It'll be cleared up in a few days...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Theres only 53 roster spots, carrying semi-retired players is not a good deal.

Again they are the bottom of depth chart... Who cares... sign them all... the Jets have their core... Rodgers wants some veteran pieces to help teach the offense, this is not unusual... In fact Stafford and Brady both did the same thing when they were traded late in their career.... but you must know better.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Thank you!

This tells me ROGERS IS COMMITTED AND WANTS TO WIN!!!!!

• Upvote 1