Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

by one reporter who said ... and i quote  "No."

yep...she is good at her job...Is she right?  shrug

Flawless Photos @Flawlessphotos Replying to @JosinaAnderson Moore getting traded???

JosinaAnderson @JosinaAnderson
No

19 minutes ago, Vader said:

Don't trade Ruckert. He finally got playing time last game of the season and was laying dudes out. Beast.

Don't like talk of replacing Ruckert and Moore with older versions. 

If we trade Ruckert and Moore and replace them with Mercedes Lewis and Randall Cobb then JD better win the Super Bowl because those moves go against every single thing that has been preached about building a roster with high quality guys. On top of that, Rogers "wish list" has done nothing but hurt JD's bargaining position wtih the Packers.

If im Gutenkunst, then why am I not going to force JD into restocking my roster with young guys - what choice does he have at this point?  

2nd in 2023 and a 3rd in 2024, fix my salary cap, give me 2-3 young players to restock my team and get rid of this yearly headache who may not want to even play football anymore - The Packers front office is probably thrilled with the way this is playing out.

And for anyone comparing this to the Bucs - Brady gave them a commitment of multiple years all at a reasonable contract number and had a history of being someone who leads a locker room.  Rogers brings NONE of that here and could easily start to show his age even more and leave us with dead cap room, a depleted roster and no QB.

This is really starting to go in the wrong direction

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If we trade Ruckert and Moore and replace them with Mercedes Lewis and Randall Cobb then JD better win the Super Bowl because those moves go against every single thing that has been preached about building a roster with high quality guys. On top of that, Rogers "wish list" has done nothing but hurt JD's bargaining position wtih the Packers.

If im Gutenkunst, then why am I not going to force JD into restocking my roster with young guys - what choice does he have at this point?  

2nd in 2023 and a 3rd in 2024, fix my salary cap, give me 2-3 young players to restock my team and get rid of this yearly headache who may not want to even play football anymore - The Packers front office is probably thrilled with the way this is playing out.

And for anyone comparing this to the Bucs - Brady gave them a commitment of multiple years all at a reasonable contract number and had a history of being someone who leads a locker room.  Rogers brings NONE of that here and could easily start to show his age even more and leave us with dead cap room, a depleted roster and no QB.

You have no idea what Rodgers committed to or didn’t commit to. You have no idea if the deal is done or it’s being worked on. You have no idea what the contract restructure would look like. Nobody knows a damn thing, some are just pretending to. Instead of just making assumptions, why don’t you wait and see where the chips call before you criticize what the team did. The jets are keeping everything they are doing under wraps. Let’s see why before we sh*t on the team.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did you expect him to passively think long term, then hand in his resignation?

No, but he talked a good game about "doing things the right way" took a 3 year rebuild approach where most teams do it in a year.  Can't really blame him - but it was a very quick 180. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So in truth, this years Rodgers-run might not be so all-in as some think.

Yeah, this is a lot conjecture on my part.  I get the feeling the all-in approach is the way this is going to go down.  You are correct in that so far he hasn't sold off the future, but FA hasn't even officially started yet.  Should be an interesting next few weeks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Brady had a long history of doing "team friendly" contracts with the Pats to help manage the cap and leave money available for a supporting cast.  Of course, he also had Gizzelle who was probably making more then him.  But regardless of Gizzelle's money, prior to signing his extension last year, Rodgers had already earned over $250 million from his NFL contracts alone, not to mention any of his endorsement deals etc., so it's not exactly like he was hurting for money.

Is Rodgers willing to renegotiate his contract with the Jets and give up some of the money he was due to be paid, to help get guys like OBJ here?  

I wouldn't hold my breath.

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

by one reporter who said ... and i quote  "No."

Joe is extremely convicted when it comes to talent and not letting guys go as we've already come to learn with others so while the initial reaction is that they'd have to make room for touches, it wouldn't be a shock to see this hardline stance. Maybe they just say f it lets create a super squad at WR if that's what Aaron wants? Lol imagine a receiver group of Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Allen Lazard, Odell Beckham, Randall Cobb, and Denzel Mims my god... in reality I don't expect them to land every WR Rodgers wants, but if they do it'll be more of a 1-year deal as Rodgers acclimates to some of the guys we already have in-house 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BCJet said:

So how do you know this isn’t a packers leak? 
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If all this is true, I am getting to the point where I say scree Rodgers, give me Gardner minshew or Jake brisket or any cheap game manager. Even Wilson perhaps!?! Despite the qb last season there were so many positives to take from the locker room culture that has been missing over the last few years.

We can win with competent play.

I don't think cobb, Lewis are better than what we have. Moore over cobb, Rickert, uzomah and Conklin over Lewis. Plus this draft is loaded at the! 

From where I am sitting we look like mugs pandering to Rodgers....Love JD, he feels like the right guy. Please don't f0ck it up with Rodgers if he is going to be a douche!!!

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Joe is extremely convicted when it comes to talent and not letting guys go as we've already come to learn with others so while the initial reaction is that they'd have to make room for touches, it wouldn't be a shock to see this hardline stance. Maybe they just say f it lets create a super squad at WR if that's what Aaron wants? Lol imagine a receiver group of Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Allen Lazard, Odell Beckham, Randall Cobb, and Denzel Mims my god... in reality I don't expect them to land every WR Rodgers wants, but if they do it'll be more of a 1-year deal as Rodgers acclimates to some of the guys we already have in-house 

I don't see the Jets signing OBJ and Cobb and Lewis are low salary bottom of the roster type guys now...a lot of hulabaloo over signing Alan Lazard.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

So after Rodgers is shoved done his throat, now JD has to sit by and watch Rodgers construct the roster too? Will Woody be reporting to Rodgers also? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, BCJet said:

GB has no leverage to rape the Jets, but you may as well offer him a BJ too while you're at it.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The past two years Lazard has put up more yards and TD's than Davis.  Davis has been unable to stay healthy and not a particularly good red zone target.

Lazard isn't just a minor upgrade but a major one over Davis.  

You’re using a pretty small sample size to predict future results, and injuries muddy that. Davis has been comparably productive to Lazard on a per game basis over the past two years, if not more productive.

My point was that if you compare Davis pre-signing to Lazard pre-theoretical signing, Davis was a more productive and younger player. And yet, to the point you just made, he hasn’t lived up to it the last couple of years. 

Lazard’s been healthier the last couple years and that’s about it. And he’s played with a much, much better quarterback. If he’s healthier going forward, great, availability is important. But we shouldn’t make him out to be more than he is.

Overall, let’s pump the breaks on a guy who’s never broken 800 yards in a season being a major upgrade over anybody. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SickJetFan said:

GB has more leverage then I believe people think here and they are probably trying to squeeze JD and that is the hold up.

Nah.  Terms of deal were likely done a while ago.  No idea why no "announcement" but don't think it's the compensation package.