Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Woody couldn’t tell you what time it was if he was standing in front of Big Ben. Smart people in all walks of life know what they don’t know. Sadly, Woody is not one of them. He sucks.

Woody is beyond parody.  He is literally as if Mr Bean had gotten to be a NFL owner

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Bam!  I feel the same way at #13 especially if they can lure his LT friend from GB or feel they can add a solid 4th tackle in round 3.

Brown coming back gives them flexibility too.  Really the only position that needs to be addressed to complete the line is Center.  Honestly, I'd be fine w/ them resigning McGovern and Herbig and being pretty close to set.  You can always slide AVT to RT if Becton/Mitchell doesnt work out as well.  If they somehow got Bakhtiari in the deal w/ Rodgers, well then yeah, the line is set w/ some depth and the draft can be used as a pipeline.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’d be shocked if he did anything in the off-season with the WRs if he came here. Either way, I think those type of workouts are over blown. Nice to see but in the grand scheme? Meh. 

I would assume they'd have to cut Davis to sign Rodgers? 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I guess he should not have played with a broken thumb in that case since this is the excuse hardly mentioned all last year that has risen from the grave like a zombie.

LaFleur designed that offense, Hackett is like because he makes aaron laugh.

Aaron w/broken thumb on throwing hand is still better than most QB's in the league.

9 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

So if hers get rodgers do we praise woody? Because I know if we don’t he is getting torched!! 

Yes!!! It is important that leaders (in this case, owners) impart direction.  That is the birthright of ownership.

Give direction, and then allow the experts to execute that plan. Stay away from publicizing that plan openly. And, don't be a distraction to the  process that may impede or confuse the process. 

Woody trips over those things at times. 

50 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol only the Jets. While significantly better than a Lamar Jackson move, trading for Rodgers is a super desperate move to outright idiotic. All fans can see is what Rodgers was not what he is.  If we do this I think 5-12 or worse is more likely than being a strong playoff contender. I hope the meeting did not go well.

3,700 yards passing 26tds 12 ints 

With a broken thumb and no WRs.  If that’s what he is I’ll take it.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Green Bay totally desperate to move on from Rodgers shtick and his contract.

Green bay tells Rodgers we don't want you at all anymore.

Rodgers asks how many teams are feverishly after him the list must be long.

Green Bay tells him the Jets are the only team to have contacted them,

Wanting his 60 milllion dollars after weeks of musing he will go to the Jets cause he loves the jets and thinks they are the right situation for me so the narrative is Aaron got what he wanted all along.

Media will all lap up this narrative when really this is the packers dumping him and the desperate jets being the one and only team willing to go for him and all that the deal brings with it.

This is one way to present it  but he is still the best guy available.  An argument can be made for Lamar but he is looking like he is starting to break down physically with all the missed games and the fact that he is his own agent is going to make him impossible to deal with.  People can squawk all they want but if we do get Rodgers he will put up the best numbers ever by a Jets QB this year.  

• Upvote 2

Pretend you are Woody.  Scary thought.  He and is brother tried to build slowly and responsibly, and we got 12 years of futility and basically the worst professional sports team in any sport.  

When he got aggressive, the Jets actually had some success.  They crashed hard, but they were successful.  He is looking back at Brett Favre when the Jets were supposed to win the Super Bowl.  

So let him do this and provide himself and the fans with some entertainment.  Bread and circuses.   The Jets are the only bidder for Rodgers (until the Dolphins pop up).   My guess is that when Rodgers goes, so will JD and Saleh.  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB1 - Garropolo/Tannehill

QB2- Minshew/Mariotta

QB3- Zach Wilson

Please take note on where Zach Wilson falls on this list for next year my friend.

Stay the course Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seriously deserve to be tied and have your balls flicked due to the dumbest post in JN history. No lie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

For the record - you claim we would be 5-12 (or worse) with Aaron Rodgers playing QB next year (you are saying this before either FA or the draft, mind you). 

My question is -what would our record be with Zach Wilson starting? 

I did not suggest Zach should start. In fact, I think the Jets should probably trade him, Saleh and the NY market is probably not the place for him. I do believe that MLF mostly wrecked him rather than Zach failed, and Saleh benching him was an awful decision, but he ended the season broken and not even as good as he was Opening day of 2021. Zach was 8th in QB rating in the 4th quarter so I do think he will develop, but probably not on a team with a coach in complete save your butt mode.

Rodgers seemingly will cost pretty significant compensation, especially if we are giving more to lessen the cap implications. This team really needs to re-sin its core players and have another good draft with all of our picks.

Rodgers just seems to me to be a QB in rapid decline, thumb or no.  We have a brutal schedule, and we still need to fill a lot of holes. We probably need a new HC too.

I see Rodgers as a disruptive force not a positive one.

I think we need to consider we are still a couple years away and the team is not in a spot where a quick fix QB is going to work

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

"ZACH WILSON: IF JETS SIGN QB, 'I'M GOING TO MAKE THAT DUDE'S LIFE HELL'"

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/zach-wilson-if-jets-sign-veteran-qb-im-going-to-make-that-dudes-life-hell

Ok... How Will Zach Wilson Make Life Hell For Aaron Rodgers ??? Let's hear it.  

Is Wilson going to put Bengay in AR's jockstrap ??? 

Clearly going to sleep with his mom.. thus she'll be attending games making Rodgers life hell. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like Rodgers used the word imminent to reporters but he thinks imminent means some stupid spiritual hippie ceremony.

He wants to be known as “his eminence” by NY media.  But he settled for Mr.  imminency.   He was close.  ayahuasca is a helluva drug.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your not looking for a franchise qb when you bring in Rodgers.  You are putting every resource into winning right now.  Look at the shape the Rams are in.  Look at the shape the Bucs are in.  That is

Who cares!! They have super bowl wins!!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I did not suggest Zach should start. In fact, I think the Jets should probably trade him, Saleh and the NY market is probably not the place for him. I do believe that MLF mostly wrecked him rather than Zach failed, and Saleh benching him was an awful decision, but he ended the season broken and not even as good as he was Opening day of 2021. Zach was 8th in QB rating in the 4th quarter so I do think he will develop, but probably not on a team with a coach in complete save your butt mode.

Rodgers seemingly will cost pretty significant compensation, especially if we are giving more to lessen the cap implications. This team really needs to re-sin its core players and have another good draft with all of our picks.

Rodgers just seems to me to be a QB in rapid decline, thumb or no.  We have a brutal schedule, and we still need to fill a lot of holes. We probably need a new HC too.

I see Rodgers as a disruptive force not a positive one.

I think we need to consider we are still a couple years away and the team is not in a spot where a quick fix QB is going to work

Ok - I don't agree with all of this, but I share some of your concerns with respect to AR. 

Who do you want to play QB next season?

26 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I think saying it was me first to sit out is a little unfair.  Reports from his teammates and Harbaugh said he still had swelling and it was unstable.  W/out a contract in hand, I dont blame him for not putting himself at further risk.  The not flying w/ the team stuff is kind of unsettling but obviously he was sending a message to the org. and again, I dont blame Jackson for being hard headed/standing his ground, the Ravens were terrible w/out him and if they offered him a Murray type contract, that's a slap in the face.  It's not his fault other teams set the market w/ their contracts and 100% someone is going to do it.  They're all snakes. 

I do understand Jackson’s position. I’m not necessarily faulting him, but I think the fact that he’s chosen to go without representation is hurting him further. I think his storyline is the league’s most interesting one this offseason. I have a ton of respect for his talent, but I’m still wary of running QBs as my franchise guy. He’s missed the last month of the season two years in a row, now. I’d be extremely wary of giving him the fully guaranteed deal that he wants, not that someone won’t. Baltimore has a big decision on their hands. If they go non-exclusive with the tag, he could easily be gone. More than one team could see two first round picks for Lamar as a value. 

• Post of the Week 1

Well, well... I'll be dammed. Look all of us are frustrated, I posted yesterday (abeit on another site) that we should push AR to make a decision or move on... So what I find interesting is that he seems to be leaning towards playing again and that he actually spoke to team officials. That in and of its self is significant.

Posters claiming incomptence probably never negoitated a contract before let alone a union-ized one (meaning has to conform to NFLPA rules)... these things take time. The best outcome would be that R wants to play and play here, that the compensation is not egregious and that cap # works in our favor. Woody has stated he will spend and spend big..so lets take a step back from the "incomptence cliff" and whining about Carr (whom I thought would be an upgrade for sure) to let the process play out.

If he comes he comes, if he choses not too, so be it. I comfortable with whatever decision occurs. I am free and happy to be an American Veteran who has gone through war, has the love of God and family and friends..so this stuff is not life and death, at least to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Packers put themselves in a position where Rodgers can force their hand though. All the Packers can do is basically tell him their plan - which they anticipated he wouldn't be on board with - and hope that he wants to go elsewhere. If he really wanted to, he can just tell the Packers he's playing for them and that's it. I don't think it comes to that because I don't think either side wants it (imagine Rodgers as the #2 QB lol), but Rodgers really does hold the cards

If it got to that point I think the Packers would tell him that they are not retaining "his guys" and hope that's enough to have him accept a trade