Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not in this case ... If the Packers truly believe they have the leverage ... they are delusional. Unless they produce an authenticated offer from another team ... they have zero ... again that is "ZERO" leverage.   There is too much riding on them Jettisoning Rodgers whom they have alienated. Do you truly believe they will risk him showing up to their facility risking injury in their weight room as these 'negotiations' progress ??  They would be on the hook for the whole enchilada if he tweaked a bicep and nursed it along through the season. 

Stretch Jen GIF by The Weather Channel

Like a lot of people you’re forgetting Zach Wilson is the great equalizer here. The thought of him starting on Opening Day is the Packers leverage.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Facts and prognosticating doom should never be confused as being the same thing . Even though in this case they likely are. 

All the Jets have to do to prove the doomsayers wrong is have a winning season 

It never seems to happen though 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

MLF took a demotion to work for the Rams. He'll be getting coffee for McVay who will be the play caller.

Getting coffee for Mcvay is a pkus on his resume.   

He just spent 2 years pumping gas for Bob Saleh.

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe owners meeting started today. So GB being tough guys on the phone is over. When face to face with Woody and JD… might be a different story.

I’m sure the Packers are shaking in their boots over having to deal with Woody Johnson face to face.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Your beloved teen daughter Snookie currently drives a two year old Hyundai that just sucks as a car so you promise to buy her a new car.

You look at a nice solid SUV a nice cool little new Austin mini and a vintage restored Dodge charger.  She likes all of them but can't make up her mind.

The SUV and Austin mini get sold while you are deciding.

So you go back to the dealership that has the Charger and the dealership looks to be overstocked they have to sell product for sure.

There is no price on the Charger and you haven't asked what the price is.

Snookie decides she just loves the Charger and wants the Charger!  So you declare that you are going to buy the Charger for Snookie in front of the salesman.  Snookie runs off to tell all her friends at high school that daddy is buying her this cool Charger.

So you figure the Charger outta cost about 20 grand, the lot is over stocked and the guy has to sell.  The salesman tells you the price is $45 grand.  You almost swallow your cigar, 45 grand?  No way you are getting 45 grand!  My offer is 20 grand!

And so here you are, you have promised Snookie the Charger, she has told all her friends she is getting the Charger.  You are stuck at an impasse.

Meanwhile your wife comes up and says, bah if that dealership won't move we can spend $200 grand and get her a Lamborghini or she can go back and drive her Hyundai!

Snookie declared her intention is to drive the Charger in front of the salesman. You never said anything. Do you let the feelings of a teenage girl dictate whether or not you overpay for a car by $25k?

Meanwhile, the Charger is an older model. Salesman needs to sell the Charger  because the dealership has decided there’s a new model they want to showcase - but they can’t until the older Charger off the lot. Additionally, because of some poor bookkeeping, the dealer may not be able to fill their lot with quality cars next year unless the older Charger has sold. Needs the Charger off the lot within the next five and a half months. Gets some incentives for other new cars coming on the lot if it’s sold in the next month, otherwise the new cars come a year later.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ptisme said:

1. I could see a team that is drafting a rookie and wants him to sit a year or two and not throw him to the wolves right away.   Maybe the Pats?    Rodgers also has to agree to play there but he doesn't hold all the leverage.   If he wants to play as bad as he says he does maybe he'd play with his idol BB?

2. The Packers ARE done with Rodgers..   I believe that management loathes him at this point and likely that goes both ways.   Zero chance they stick with him and trade away Love.   The deal has to get done.

i said this before, i dont understand why the Pats are not in on Rodgers. BB maybe has about 2 years left to break the record then hes gone. why not get Rodgers and make one last run at a SB.?

and this is where GB and NE are stupid. imagine our most hated rival stealing Rodgers and having to face him 2 times a year for 2 years. no way Woody would let that happen.  if there was even a whiff that NE wanted Rodgers that 13th pick and more would be in GB before you could say your name.

i think were playing with fire if we wait too long. sooner or later someone is going to get in. 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It could very likely get done June 2

I think this is the Magic Day.  On May 15, if I were JD I would ask the Packers what they want to do-do they want a pre or post June 1 trade?  I would think they want post.   If they were still jerking around I would ask the Vikings, Rams, Titans and Seahawks the same question.   My guess is that they all want June 1 trades.   I would guess there is another trade to do other than Rodgers, and on June 2 I would do one of them. 

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Relax.

LT: Skoronski / Duane Brown 

LG: Laken Tomlinson

Center: John Michael Schmitz

RG: O’Cyrus

RT: AVT / Mekhi

RELAX Don't Do It

LT: Skoronski / Duane Brown  - Sko will be gone - Brown will play LT

LG: Laken Tomlinson - He's more than likely getting cut. Hopefully. He was AWFUL.

Center: John Michael Schmitz - Perhaps if he lasts till round 2 Crossing fingers.

RG: O’Cyrus  - AVT will be playing RG. 

RT: Mekh

===================================i

LT  Brown

LG ? 

C Schmitz - I could see JD trading back and taking him late round 1. But Schmitz AND O'Cyrus? How is that possible?

RG AVT

RT Becton 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets want to keep their #13 pick this year.  Done.  The Packers want a 1st round pick.  Done.

This is the deal I would broker, if I were the mediator.

First off, the Jets keep all of their picks this year.  The agreement would be binding between the 2 sides, and officially it happens on June 2nd, which benefits the Packers with their cap.

The Jets give a conditional 2nd round pick in 2024, with it becoming a 1st round pick if the Jets make the playoffs, and as long as Rodgers plays at least 50% of the snaps.

What does this accomplish?  First off, the Jets can build their team around Rodgers this year, thus giving the Jets a better shot of making the playoffs.  Second, if the Jets do make the playoffs, then the 1st round pick would be no better than #17 in the draft, and perhaps lower based upon how well the Jets do.  The Packers would have a very reasonable shot at getting the 1st round pick that they want, unless everything blows up on the Jets, and I believe this is fair for the Packers, in that the worst they would do is a 2nd round pick next year, and it would be a high one, since the Jets would have not made the playoffs.

I would give the Packers a conditional 2nd round pick in 2025 as well.  If the Jets don't make the playoffs this year, then the 2nd round pick in 2025 remains a 2nd round pick.  So, the worst Green Bay can do is a 2nd round pick in 2024, and a 2nd round pick in 2025.  Not too shabby for a team that traded away a 40 year old QB, and that QB not getting the receiving team into the playoffs.

If the Jets do make the playoffs, the as we already know, the 2024 pick is the 1st round pick for the Packers, but then that conditional 2nd round pick in 2025 becomes a 3rd round pick.  So, the best Green Bay can do is a 1st round pick in 2024, and a 3rd round pick in 2025.  The worst is 2 2nd round picks.

Now, I'm sure that most of my fellow Jets fans want to rub dirt in the Packers faces, and not give them this deal, but as the mediator, I feel that this is fair, and I would lobby hard for this deal, which is a fair one.

I appreciate the fact that You... Are Not... The GM of NY Jets. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

1. I could see a team that is drafting a rookie and wants him to sit a year or two and not throw him to the wolves right away.   Maybe the Pats?    Rodgers also has to agree to play there but he doesn't hold all the leverage.   If he wants to play as bad as he says he does maybe he'd play with his idol BB?

2. The Packers ARE done with Rodgers..   I believe that management loathes him at this point and likely that goes both ways.   Zero chance they stick with him and trade away Love.   The deal has to get done.

That is more of old school thinking. Now really don’t want a vet to block the rookie if he’s prepared. Surround him with FAs while on rookie deal is aim for most teams. . Less options in cap with rodgers to add impact players in FA, and drafting qb 1, using multiple picks to trade for rodgers limits a lot of cheap impact players top of draft. That is actually what started issues with rodgers and packers. I’m sure he wanted to use that love pick for another WR, or OL to help him. Not to mention picks they traded to move up to get love. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i said this before, i dont understand why the Pats are not in on Rodgers. BB maybe has about 2 years left to break the record then hes gone. why not get Rodgers and make one last run at a SB.?

and this is where GB and NE are stupid. imagine our most hated rival stealing Rodgers and having to face him 2 times a year for 2 years. no way Woody would let that happen.  if there was even a whiff that NE wanted Rodgers that 13th pick and more would be in GB before you could say your name.

i think were playing with fire if we wait too long. sooner or later someone is going to get in. 

NE maybe isn't in on Rodgers for a one...   But as time goes on they may be in for a pair of second rounders.   Rodgers and Hoodie have always spoke glowingly of each other so theres that....

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think this is the Magic Day.  On May 15, if I were JD I would ask the Packers what they want to do-do they want a pre or post June 1 trade?  I would think they want post.   If they were still jerking around I would ask the Vikings, Rams, Titans and Seahawks the same question.   My guess is that they all want June 1 trades.   I would guess there is another trade to do other than Rodgers, and on June 2 I would do one of them. 

Worst case scenario, the league will probably push them to wrap it up before schedule release, which was May 12 last year. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is more of old school thinking. Now really don’t want a vet to block the rookie if he’s prepared. Surround him with FAs while on rookie deal is aim for most teams. . Less options in cap with rodgers to add impact players in FA, and drafting qb 1, using multiple picks to trade for rodgers limits a lot of cheap impact players top of draft. That is actually what started issues with rodgers and packers. I’m sure he wanted to use that love pick for another WR, or OL to help him. Not to mention picks they traded to move up to get love. 

Slight change of topic but you made me think of something: GB NEEDS to go all in on offense in this draft to give Love every opportunity to succeed:  Tackle depth, starting center, playmakers at TE, RB and WR...   Icing on the cake for Gute to load up on offense the year Rodgers leaves would cement the hate.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Slight change of topic but you made me think of something: GB NEEDS to go all in on offense in this draft to give Love every opportunity to succeed:  Tackle depth, starting center, playmakers at TE, RB and WR...   Icing on the cake for Gute to load up on offense the year Rodgers leaves would cement the hate.

Why I think GB wants to give Love all the “ love “ and support they can. That means replacing 60 mil backup qb with other FAs. Using 1 of jets picks also. Plus the mental ****k they would be doing to Love having the awkwardness of Rodgers around.

45 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

RELAX Don't Do It

LT: Skoronski / Duane Brown  - Sko will be gone - Brown will play LT

LG: Laken Tomlinson - He's more than likely getting cut. Hopefully. He was AWFUL.

Center: John Michael Schmitz - Perhaps if he lasts till round 2 Crossing fingers.

RG: O’Cyrus  - AVT will be playing RG. 

RT: Mekh

===================================i

LT  Brown

LG ? 

C Schmitz - I could see JD trading back and taking him late round 1. But Schmitz AND O'Cyrus? How is that possible?

RG AVT

RT Becton 

LG is AVT’s original position. Probably makes sense to project him there in your silly doom-and-gloom scenario.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Because Rodgers wants to play for the jets .

He didn't say he want to play for the pats .

Also BB and Rodgers are a clash of personalities that will never work 

17 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Because Rodgers wants to play for the jets .

He didn't say he want to play for the pats .

Also BB and Rodgers are a clash of personalities that will never work 

he only said the Jets cause we are the only ones asking for him. if NE wants him he will play for them.

you might have a point on the personalities clash but we have seen it before where players put that aside to win a championship.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

he only said the Jets cause we are the only ones asking for him. if NE wants him he will play for them.

you might have a point on the personalities clash but we have seen it before where players put that aside to win a championship.

Wait so you think AR will pretty much consider any team that calls about him? That he won’t tell that team interested he doesn’t want to play for them? That he won’t only pick a team that he thinks can possibly win a SB? Go look at NE weapons and tell me why he’d want to join NE. You guys also conveniently left out that you think at all he’d want to go where Brady was? He likely would rather go anywhere else.