Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

From an outsiders view: He played the futures game and won.  Wiffed on the QB but has a chance to get a HOF QB for 1 plus years...   You want veteran stability on a team trying to win a championship and it doesn't seem he's mortgaging the cap with Campbell and OBJ...   JMO

Agreed.

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

From an outsiders view: He played the futures game and won.  Wiffed on the QB but has a chance to get a HOF QB for 1 plus years...   You want veteran stability on a team trying to win a championship and it doesn't seem he's mortgaging the cap with Campbell and OBJ...   JMO

That's what I'm saying...it's lazy to just call the signing of vet players mortgaging the future when the Jets haven't given up any draft picks or signed anyone that will hurt the cap down the line.....even OBJ will cost nothing in terms of the future.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

That's what I'm saying...it's lazy to just call the signing of vet players mortgaging the future when the Jets haven't given up any draft picks or signed anyone that will hurt the cap down the line.....even OBJ will cost nothing in terms of the future.

truth

33 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Exactly my sentiment. Jets fans need to realize that the longer this plays out the better for the Jets. We don't need Rodgers now. The Packers much prefer Draft picks this year vs next year. Packers also can't trade him to another team nor can they  have him show up to Camp and create a distraction for Love. 

Rodgers could literally walk into the Jets facilities 2 weeks before the season and be ready to go Week 1. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, undertow said:

My guess is they get OBJ on a one year cheap (7mill?) prove it deal with a void year or two

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slats said:

I hear you on all of it. Your take on Rodgers kinda mirrors how I felt when the Jets went after Favre. I did not like the idea. So what happened? The Jets had a very exciting 11 games or so. Probably the best stretch of football I’d seen from the team since… Parcells? In the end, I wanted him to stay another year. I think they might’ve won it all if he did. 

I did not like the idea of Carr. He is not a fit in NY, sorry. And Lamar is a guy you have to build an entire offense around, I don’t love a major investment on a player like that. Rodgers is just one year removed from back-to-back MVPs, that year featuring his broken thumb and Devante in Vegas. Worst/best case scenario, he’s here two years. With the young offensive weapons and defense this team has right now, I’m pretty happy to take a swing with Aaron Rodgers for a year or two run. What’s done is done, this is shaping up to be a pretty exciting year. I can’t wait to watch it on Hard Knocks. 

One thing you guys haven’t considered.   We all know the problems GB had last year and I will quickly list them and add a major one you haven’t considered at the end:

1 broken thumb.   Try throwing a football in the cold and wind with a broken thumb on ur throwing hand 

2 the offensive line was a sieve until they got back Bak and Jenkins    Lots of driving killing penalties 

3. the rookie receivers missed major time due to injury.   Massive wrong routes, drops(highest in the league), and penalties

4. The defense couldn’t get off the field.   It was literally one 8 min drive after the next limiting possessions 

but here’s the one you aren’t bringing up:

the Packers missed Hacketts game planning and RedZone design.    The offense last year was so predictable and vanilla.   Hackett was the red zone coordinator and without him we consistently stalled.   I was really hoping he’d come back to GB when it was over in Denver.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The plus side of this ridiculous situation is that it's making time fly by before the draft because we arent all obsessed with who we are picking this year. 

Gotta say it’s effing up my ability to mock draft

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ptisme said:

My guess is they get OBJ on a one year cheap (7mill?) prove it deal with a void year or two

Not even going to be that much.  It will be an incentive laden contract.  Not advocating for him, but if they pull him in, I'll do like I always do and root for the laundry.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nevertheless, cimini when at the daiky news was a dick in both the handful of good yrs and all the bad. He sucks.

The Washington commanders had a policy under Snyder of not giving press passes to anyone who said anything even remotely bad about their product 

Spoiler It didn't improve the quality of their product 

It's just censorship really and wishful thinking.

the fans are smarter then that 

The Jets reporters reflect the quality of the team. Even Connor took a big heel turn. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Washington commanders had a policy under Snyder of not giving press passes to anyone who said anything even remotely bad about their product 

Spoiler It didn't improve the quality of their product 

It's just censorship really and wishful thinking.

the fans are smarter then that 

The Jets reporters reflect the quality of the team. Even Connor took a big heel turn. 

And cimini takes a negative spin no matter what the team does. And that's a fact. You continuing to respond here doesn't change that. since the day he moved from Newsday to the Daily News hes been a dick no matter how the Jets do.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

And cimini takes a negative spin no matter what the team does. And that's a fact. You continuing to respond here doesn't change that. since the day he moved from Newsday to the Daily News hes been a dick no matter how the Jets do.

So just to be clear you want the press to shower nothing but praise on a last place team? 

That's not the job. He's a reporter he reports 

• More Ugh 1

Just now, bitonti said:

So just to be clear you want the press to shower nothing but praise on a last place team?

Your response above is asinine. You didnt even read what I wrote.

Cimini sh*ts on the team when they are good and if you deny it you are flat out lying.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Your response above is asinine. You didnt even read what I wrote.

Cimini sh*ts on the team when they are good and if you deny it you are flat out lying.

Can you please provide an example? With specifics? It should be easy since you say that's all he does 

You sound like my grandpa holding a grudge against the neighbor from something he did 20 years ago but can't remember what it was 

Heard a great description about all this “leverage” talk.

The Jets want to make a deal but the Packers need to make a deal due to the salary acceleration if the cut him, they can’t and don’t want to keep him, he’s not retiring. 

Staring contest will bend to the Jets the more this moves along

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The Jets want to make a deal but the Packers need to make a deal due to the salary acceleration if the cut him, they can’t and don’t want to keep him, he’s not retiring. 

And yet it Jet fans that are getting antsy, and who want to issue the ultimatums.

Go on a Packers board. They’re as calm as can be. They’re in no rush.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Can you please provide an example? With specifics? It should be easy since you say that's all he does 

You sound like my grandpa holding a grudge against the neighbor from something he did 20 years ago but can't remember what it was 

Bit, if you need examples, then you havent been following all these years. 

Cimini is a tool. 

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And yet it Jet fans that are getting antsy, and who want to issue the ultimatums.

Who really cares what the fans on either side are saying?

He’s right though, in end the Jets hold the trump card. It wouldn’t be ideal if Rodgers came in September, but unless Green Bay intends on paying like 110M or whatever it is and dealing with a massive circus, the Jets can just wait it out, and then cut their offer big time. That is unless some other team enters the mix (which Green Bay fans think is going happen, specifically SF)

Sincerely doubt it gets to that point though.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You mean the " don't let Derek Carr leave the building" crowd might not be the best people to listen to on how to get this trade done at the best price?

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

because they already have their qb. they really dgaf when rodgers goes. maybe they'd like the draft pick this year.....but it's not a big deal to them. for jets fans getting rodgers here means the difference between a legit shot at a championship or running it back with zach wilson 

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

because they already have their4 ab. they really dgaf when rodgers goes. maybe they'd like the draft pick this year.....but it's not a big deal to them. for jets fans getting rodgers here means the difference between a legit shot at a championship or runnign it back with zach wilson 

They’re calm because they think they’re getting Sauce Gardner and two firsts back. Check in on those boards when they get a third and a future two. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I simply disagree with this, the Jets must make a deal.  

The Jets at the end of last year said to the world they were going to upgrade with a vet QB and everyone and their dog says the Jets are contenders with a good to great vet QB.

They allow time to pass and then after talking to Rodgers they decide he is the guy.

Rodgers, tells the world he is going to be a Jet something he simply is not going to do and look stupid unless the Jets have told him we are getting you.

The Jets first off season Fa priority is Allen Lazard all of a sudden.

All other even semi viable QB options are gone or simply seem out of the realm of happening (Lamar)

There is no way the Jets can go into next year with Zac Wilson and a guy like Bridgewater, it would be looked at as a monumental fail.

There is a bad thing for the Jets as well if things drag out too long.  You want your QB to be doing off season work and being ready day one.

I don't think the jets ever thought they would be forced to wait for this to happen.

In any case it will get done both sides have to get it done.  It would be a real surprise if it went past the draft.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I simply disagree with this, the Jets must make a deal.  

The Jets at the end of last year said to the world they were going to upgrade with a vet QB and everyone and their dog says the Jets are contenders with a good to great vet QB.

They allow time to pass and then after talking to Rodgers they decide he is the guy.

Rodgers, tells the world he is going to be a Jet something he simply is not going to do and look stupid unless the Jets have told him we are getting you.

The Jets first off season Fa priority is Allen Lazard all of a sudden.

All other even semi viable QB options are gone or simply seem out of the realm of happening (Lamar)

There is no way the Jets can go into next year with Zac Wilson and a guy like Bridgewater, it would be looked at as a monumental fail.

There is a bad thing for the Jets as well if things drag out too long.  You want your QB to be doing off season work and being ready day one.

I don't think the jets ever thought they would be forced to wait for this to happen.

In any case it will get done both sides have to get it done.  It would be a real surprise if it went past the draft.

Disagree with your disagree. The Jets DONT have to make the deal, the Packers HAVE to, to avoid cap hell for the next 2-3 years.

If the Packers are playing hardball and looking for a a 1st and 2nd or poss 2 1sts the Jets can say **** it, we're not doing that. They always have the option to trade up for a young QB in this draft for that price and reset the QB clock (again). And then they bring in a bridge QB and let him, the rookie and ZW battle it out. They have a ton of talent on offense too to support said QB.