Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Ok so when is Rodgers to the jets getting announced?

When it’s announced. 

Where is this “smoke” coming from?  Source?  I’ll answer. It’s coming from someone that wants attention, trying to seem like someone in the know, which they aren’t.  

There is 0 indication yet from reputable sources that this won’t get done. 

There is no need for the deal to be done between now and April 27th at around 9:30pm. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

why does everyone think he is married to the Jets? cause he said he intends to come here? well he also said he was 90% retired until he changed his mind.

your telling me if GB calls Rodgers and says they have a deal in place with the 49ers ( or whoever) and you can be one tomorrow. you can buy a house, meat your teammates, get settled before OTAs in 40 days.

OR

you can wait for the Jets when we have no idea how long this will take. could be next week or could be by training camp in July. 

you think Rodgers says no, sorry i said the Jets? did he marry us and i missed the ceremony? and we better hope its not SF since he grew up in Calif and their weather and star power we can't compete with. 

the longer this takes we are leaving the door open for us to get screwed. 

and if players signed here cause they thought Rodgers was coming here then thats on them. OBJ hasnt cause he sees that this might not happen. Rodgers is not a Jet until he is a Jet.

No you're wrong. He's airway so far down the road with the Jets between altering his contract and having friends sign here based on him playing for the Jets that I don't think there is anyway he agrees to do anything but play for the Jets 

And no team is swooping in last minute to try to pry him away, they would have done that already 2 months ago. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers wants to come here because he wants to be semi-retired and show up to run the offense he wants to run while Hackett and Saleh run interference for him with the rest of the team. He doesn’t want to go to San Francisco and have Shanahan tell him where to throw the ball on every 2nd and 8, and he’s not going to New England to measure dicks with Belichick and Bill O’Brien. Rodgers believes he’s a football savant and is beyond coaching. The Jets coaching staff will foster that belief and hope it results in 65%/4,200/35/5 and an AFC Championship Game or two.

hes not going to wait while there is a chance to go home to SF. 

and i dont think he cares about what Shanahan or Belichick does to him. hes got 2 years left to win a 2nd SB for his legacy. SF went to the NFCCG without him. they are a much better team and chance to win that SB then us. and give Bill a HOF QB and you can win a SB. us? Saleh is a unknown. 

you say with us a AFCCG or 2? with SF its a SB game or 2 easy. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

And no team is swooping in last minute to try to pry him away, they would have done that already 2 months ago. 

things change. NE wasnt trading Mac 2 months ago. you keep a QB like Rodgers out there for too long anything can happen

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2023 at 6:55 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach is still a year younger than a project QB (Hooker) who could go in the first round. 

i watched year one highlights after the college highlights.  Lots of stuff was better than last year.  MiLF was s numb nuts.  Zach was really poorly coached but there is lots of great stuff there to work with. 

@Mogglez@T0mShane @Jetsfan80  @Warfish@jgb@Maxman this is a non schtick post: I still think Zach can become  be a top 5 NFL QB for the Jets.  Fight me!!  (Or not lol)

Add to that some sweet street ball Magic from the Titans game before MiLF tried to ruin everything that made them draft him 2 @The Crusher

Aaron Rodgers with Zach Wilson.  Rodgers took 3 years to develop.  This is the where it gets real and good things happen.  This is where it all starts to change.  

And if Spartacus had a Panzer, he might’ve defeated the Roman legions.

• Haha 4

Bottom line, the New York Jets as of now, 100% do NOT have a QB on their roster. So, all the progress, all the signings, they mean nothing until we do. We do NOT have a QB, and there is zero evidence we will anytime soon. It's scary, plain and simple.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

Bottom line, the New York Jets as of now, 100% do NOT have a QB on their roster. So, all the progress, all the signings, they mean nothing until we do. We do NOT have a QB, and there is zero evidence we will anytime soon. It's scary, plain and simple.
Scary for you at least.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Again you're underrating Brock Purdy 

Yes it's a good team he was also an under drafted player 

He scored off the charts on that anticipation test 

Just like how Zach was wildly over drafted at 2, Brock Purdy was a miss by the league in the other direction 

Stick any competent QB on a team that generates mountains of turnovers, has had the best yac for like 3 years in a row, has a dominant oline and a dominant defense and they will look good, purdy was even looking suspect in the game before he got hurt.  Should he have been drafted higher?  Sure, stick him on this years jets and he is maybe mike white.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Stick any competent QB on a team that generates mountains of turnovers, has had the best yac for like 3 years in a row, has a dominant oline and a dominant defense and they will look good, purdy was even looking suspect in the game before he got hurt.  Should he have been drafted higher?  Sure, stick him on this years jets and he is maybe mike white.

sure but what's a competent QB worth? 

Trey Lance for example went 3 overall and started 4 games in his SFO career with the same team as Purdy and looked like crap 

Even if Purdy is only as competent as Jimmy G let's say, that's worth 25 per year 

Purdy is better than Mike White. Who is more of a spot starter. Purdy could be in the Kirk Cousins zone and that's worth something  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

and i dont think he cares about what Shanahan or Belichick does to him. hes got 2 years left to win a 2nd SB for his legacy. SF went to the NFCCG without him. they are a much better team and chance to win that SB then us. and give Bill a HOF QB and you can win a SB. us? Saleh is a unknown. 

There is no evidence that he wants to go to SF, and in fact, we even have a half serious quote from him that he's not going to SF. Some also feel that he likely harbors resentment against the 49ers for passing on him for Alex Smith. Either way, it's unlikely that the 49ers, who have been in the QB market for at least a month (they signed Darnold weeks ago and supposedly tried to trade for Kirk Cousins - a Shanny fave - back in March) are suddenly going to pivot to Aaron Rodgers. If they were interested in Rodgers, we'd likely know already, IMO. 

And, even if they are secretly planning to make a move for Rodgers, they don't have any 1st or 2nd round picks this year, so they aren't a serious threat until after the draft, IMO. 

Wake me up when 1) We hear that SF has contacted GB asking for permission to speak to Rodgers (something the Jets did over a month ago) and 2) the draft has come and gone and Rodgers is still not a Jet. 

I think you are worried about nothing. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, doitny said:

This is stupid 

You obviously can’t read a room if you think there is a chance Aaron agrees to play for anyone but the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

things change. NE wasnt trading Mac 2 months ago. you keep a QB like Rodgers out there for too long anything can happen

I was diagnosed bi-polar when I was a kid. No joke. I have more issues in a normal atmosphere than in a hectic one. Coming into these forums is very welcoming for me. Thank you. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:
7 hours ago, ptisme said:
You think if the jets move on Rodgers would rather retire than play for a loaded niner team close to where he’s from on a dismal NFC?   Where he could get a chance to cream the packers in the playoffs?  You may be underestimating the competitive juices in old 12

The notion of Rodgers retiring and the Packers receiving absolutely nothing for him must be frightening for a Packers fan.

Nah

3 hours ago, doitny said:

It might be the worst contract ever handed out in NFL history.  There's a reason why he's Aaron Rodgers but only one team is calling.

18 hours ago, derp said:

My two things would be 1) then the guy needs to have the requisite traits, and I think pocket management/presence falls into that category and 2) you need to not play him and I can’t remember the last time a guy in that range sat for a meaningful period of time. It’s kind of too expensive for a good team to get up into the 2-5 area and bad teams just haven’t been pulled out of being bad by a guy like that.

Ha! Tice and Mays addressed this very scenario today. One hour mark. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000607816351

3 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Lol Scary. You just watched a decade of suck. What's another year?

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't think some Jets fans realize how significant this trade will be for this franchise. Rodgers is coming in with a GIANT chip on his shoulder ready to destroy the notion that he has one foot out the door and is not the same player he used to be. 

I truly believe this move and change of scenery will have a HUGE impact on him. I can see him pulling a Brady type move and play another 3-4 years with the Jets. The youth in this locker room will, no doubt, provide a burst of life into his play and I think when he starts to see how talented these guys are, he may want to stick around for a few years and conquer New York. 

Brady played 3 years for the Bucs. While he had a very talented roster, he also did not have the same youth this roster has. 

• Upvote 3

I think that no one including Wingo really know what is going on and both sides are releasing little "rumors" to help their teams perception, but I do think it is somewhat interesting that the rumors suggest that it is not a done deal. I still think it does get done but both teams are entrenched enough that there is a possibility it does not happen. SF is NOT the team but if GB does get super squeezed on the comp package I could see them taking the lesser package from a different team rather than letting it be know the Jets negotiated better.