Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m thinking if he comes here and they do well, he plays 3 years here total.  That would give the jets enough time to finally admit Zw is not viable and draft someone else to groom behind rodgers.  

There are only 2 yrs remaining on Zach's contract.  No way the opt in for the 5th year if he is still garbage by the opt in deadline.

• Upvote 1

Since it can't be official until 3/15 even if they did announce it tomorrow I still won't believe it until it happens. Still burned from that ahole from Minnesota that agreed and then changed his mind. Worked out for us but the memory of being rejected still lingers.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

If it happens it needs to happen now. A gentleman’s agreement is great and all but if Jordan Love gets injured for whatever reason then GB will have reason to not honor the deal. 

plus it affects FA next week. You can’t be like….. well we are pretty sure we have a deal and Rodgers will be the QB. Lol. 

maybe my poor typing and abilities but joe wants it now, but green bay is where the halt is. we have an offer on the table and if they keep delayinig there is a plan post june 1 as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

This all rings true except the suggestion that that they will let it go anywhere near June.  Both of these teams need to plan for next season, draft, free agents, etc...  Neither of these teams can afford the uncertainty or the possibility that someone might change their mind.  If it's going to happen it's going to happen some time soon. 

Not sure that is the jets choice my friend. 

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

maybe my poor typing and abilities but joe wants it now, but green bay is where the halt is. we have an offer on the table and if they keep delayinig there is a plan post june 1 as well.

Just out of curiosity, but how do you know this without naming names?  Do you know someone in the front office?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just out of curiosity, but how do you know this without naming names?  Do you know someone in the front office?

No, he doesn’t.

Rapoport, Schefter, and the Jets beat are saying nothing, but BornJetsFan1983 from JetNation has an in? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think we see a trade get finalized until tomorrow the earliest. I would imagine Rodgers will want some time. But I’m sure they will be on the page when they expect an answer, and that date will likely remain on or by March 12. That said, people with the Jets said last Friday that a decision was expected by the end of this week (a few days after speaking to him at length), so no need to panic if it doesn’t get done tonight. What we don’t know is whether Rodgers will want to visit, if there are more talks he’ll want to have, or if he will want to follow up with GB after they conclude their meetings tonight 

Good post, if Rodgers is coming to NY, realistically, I expect it Thursday or Friday.

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think we see a trade get finalized until tomorrow the earliest. I would imagine Rodgers will want some time. But I’m sure they will be on the page when they expect an answer, and that date will likely remain on or by March 12. That said, people with the Jets said last Friday that a decision was expected by the end of this week (a few days after speaking to him at length), so no need to panic if it doesn’t get done tonight. What we don’t know is whether Rodgers will want to visit, if there are more talks he’ll want to have, or if he will want to follow up with GB after they conclude their meetings tonight 

or perhaps other teams are involved...

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He’s really about to choose to retire and walk away from 60 mill then play for the Jets isn’t he. Dear god. 

I mean if the entire Jets brass flew halfway across the country to sell this wack job on their “vision” and he retires….

damn that would probably be the biggest L ever for us as Jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1