Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

38 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Per Dianna Rossini on ESPN just now, don't expect a signing in thr next 24 hours. Rodgers taking his time.

If Joe Douglas didn;t make an offer he cant refuse the man has failed at GM

Unless ya'll wana roll with Tanehill/Brisset blah blah aka 7-10 again

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think we see a trade get finalized until tomorrow the earliest. I would imagine Rodgers will want some time. But I’m sure they will be on the page when they expect an answer, and that date will likely remain on or by March 12. That said, people with the Jets said last Friday that a decision was expected by the end of this week (a few days after speaking to him at length), so no need to panic if it doesn’t get done tonight. What we don’t know is whether Rodgers will want to visit, if there are more talks he’ll want to have, or if he will want to follow up with GB after they conclude their meetings tonight 

Agree plus why announce the same day as Daniel Jones.

Is this deal contingent on him being part of the off-season program?

51 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

maybe my poor typing and abilities but joe wants it now, but green bay is where the halt is. we have an offer on the table and if they keep delayinig there is a plan post june 1 as well.

Right. But say love gets hurt training. There will be no trade

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Marino did this same thing with Minnesota. And ended up retiring. Reports are that Rodgers is taking his time. If that’s true that means he’s still contemplating retirement or staying. 

Pretty sure the packers are ready to move on with Love and just as sure that Rodgers isn't retiring. 

Only fear is another team swooping in to make a better pitch. 

43 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean if the entire Jets brass flew halfway across the country to sell this wack job on their “vision” and he retires….

damn that would probably be the biggest L ever for us as Jets fans.

This.  If Woody flew everyone out on the PJ across country for Aaron Rodgers at the end of the night to say “ehhh I’ll think about it and get back to you” is the biggest L. 

It’s not like they flew to Boston or Florida.  That’s a long ass flight.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

But they didn’t. Just take the “L” and move on.

???…I actually thought your comment was pretty funny and my response was intended light-heartedly….maybe I should’ve added a smiley face, have only just joined the thread and so haven’t read all 40 or so pages…perhaps I missed some context 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I just don’t believe they fly everyone out there including Woody if this deal isn’t 95% done.  If there was still a bunch of things to iron out, you can do that on calls.  

They have to believe they can close this thing out tonight.  

A billionaire flying a few folks to CA to have a meeting is the equivilant of me hopping in my car to meet a friend for lunch 5 minutes down the road.

People acting like the Jets met him on top of mt everest.

• More Ugh 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

A billionaire flying a few folks to CA to have a meeting is the equivilant of me hopping in my car to meet a friend for lunch 5 minutes down the road.

Time is valuable to billionaires.  They don’t take 5 hour flights to come back with nothing.  It’s not the flight cost that matters.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

???…I actually thought your comment was pretty funny and my response was intended light-heartedly….maybe I should’ve added a smiley face, have only just joined the thread and so haven’t read all 40 or so pages…perhaps I missed some context 

I too was joking around. Very exciting times!

11 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

So what is Rodgers taking his time with?

Whether he signs March 7th or 10th doesn't matter to him. Before agreeing to play for the Jets I'm sure he wants to make sure he's on the same page as the coaching staff and front office. 

There was a disconnect at times between Rodgers and the packers front office when they drafted guys like Love instead of WRs etc..

We all want an answer now. Rodgers doesn't gain anything by rushing his decision. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whether he signs March 7th or 10th doesn't matter to him. Before agreeing to play for the Jets I'm sure he wants to make sure he's on the same page as the coaching staff and front office. 

There was a disconnect at times between Rodgers and the packers front office when they drafted guys like Love instead of WRs etc..

We all want an answer now. Rodgers doesn't gain anything by rushing his decision. 

Sign what? He's not a FA?

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

My gut says they were already close talking today.  JD asks Rodgers if they all meet in person today and bring Woody is there a possibility they can get a deal in place and I’m pretty sure Rodgers answered yes or else why would they  quickly get on a 5 hour flight to California?  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What young players? Seemed to work well with Adam's and Jones.

Devonte Wyatt thought Aaron Rodgers would say no. One is a rookie first-round pick, the other an 18th-year veteran and back-to-back NFL MVP.

When Wyatt saw Rodgers sitting alone at lunch inside Lambeau Field during training camp, his first thought was to find another table.

“He goes to the table I sit at, too, and one day I saw him at the table by himself and I was like, ‘I ain’t gonna sit with him,'” Wyatt said after practice Tuesday. “But the head coach was like, ‘Nah, go sit with him. Don’t be scared.’ So I was like, ‘Hey, Aaron, can I sit with you?’ He was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure. Sit down.’ So we just sat down, chopped it up.”

Rodgers had watched a Packers.com video in which rookies were asked who the funniest among them was. Wyatt was the most common choice. Rodgers joked with Wyatt that he hadn’t seen enough to validate that honor, and Wyatt started laughing (he said he’s since cracked Rodgers up a couple times).

“I thought it was gonna be like, ‘Nah, you can’t sit here,’ like one of those,” Wyatt said. “But he invited me there. He made me feel comfortable. We talked, we sat, we ate.”

Rodgers told reporters on Monday that he sometimes sits by himself at lunch on purpose to see who approaches. He was asked who has sat with him, and the one name he mentioned was Wyatt’s. Their first meal made Wyatt more comfortable sitting with him again. Now, if Wyatt sees Rodgers sitting alone, he sits with him. Not just to show off his sense of humor, but because he wants to learn something every day. Wyatt picks Rodgers’ brain about what he sees from defensive linemen and Rodgers asks questions of Wyatt in return about what he sees from offensive linemen. Wyatt also learned he has something in common with Rodgers, that they both attended junior college before playing Division I football.

That’s how the rookie and the veteran broke the ice, and what came next proved valuable for a 24-year-old frustrated with his first training camp.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Dubya the next 48 hours...

johnlewischristmas whatever GIF by John Lewis

• Haha 3