Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is what we were told yesterday. Today we were told it is all worked out. I took that to mean the compensation is finalized and they felt good about Aaron saying yes.

Did they mention when Rodgers would let them know? Was it a “I’ll let you know by this weekend” or “I’ll keep in touch”. 

16 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Packers have a former first round draft pick who they are high on to replace Rodgers. Ravens have ... Tyler Huntley? Can't even remember.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The ravens also have Lamar under contract for 32 million this season. If he is offered more the bidding team needs to give up two first round picks. How many teams have that many or enough of a draft pick/ talent stockpile to get two picks? Plus then they have to deal with Lamar’s contract demand.  Some team might do it. Just doesn’t seem to be the jets.

45 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Donovan Mitchell was a Knick until he wasn't.

Agreed. 

The only difference there is that Mitchell had more than one team after him. This sounds like it's the Jets or retirement for Rodgers.

Looking forward to this all being over one way or another. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol Jets acting right now like they’re trying to catch a scared stray dog.
Easy boy, easy now…just get in the crate. Just throw some shrooms in there and we got a deal. 

Firing up that RodgerstoWilson screen name?

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

The guy who said that the Packers are asking for a 1st round pick literally just botched a few reports in a row, so I wouldn't worry about that too much 

I love the idea of keeping that pick and drafting the best offensive lineman available, or a weapon for Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

Talk about just kissing a guys ass left right and center. 

omg!  We are so lucky just to have a 40 year old QB coming off his worst year since his rookie year think about joining a young talented up and coming team for 60 million dollars when he did not work a no trade clause into his last contract.  And his present team has built the huge human size sling shot to eject him because they want nothing to do with him, and the line up of teams wanting this guy consists on one.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I love the idea of keeping that pick and drafting the best offensive lineman available, or a weapon for Rodgers. 

Getting becton and mitchell back, with FA on the horizon, and using the 13 pick on a tackle would hopefully solidify that OL for years to come. 

Was looking at bills forum to see reactions and many of them are delusional. Think adding Rodgers doesn't move the needle much for the Jets and Bills still would be heavy favorites in the division.  If I cared enough I'd create an acct and wallop the lot of them. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Talk about just kissing a guys ass left right and center. 

omg!  We are so lucky just to have a 40 year old QB coming off his worst year since his rookie year think about joining a young talented up and coming team for 60 million dollars when he did not work a no trade clause into his last contract.  And his present team has built the huge human size sling shot to eject him because they want nothing to do with him, and the line up of teams wanting this guy consists on one.

whats the other alternative?

This is freakin' ridiculous.  Rodgers is a tool and this is shaping up as a complete joke.  I would have told Rodgers and GB that this gets done by March 5 or not at all.  Neither he nor GB has anyplace else to go.  The Jets have an amazing propensity to give up all their leverage.  I'd express interest in both Jackson and Stafford publicly today.  I can't stand Rodgers and he is proving to be just like the guy he replaced at the same point in his career.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Was looking at bills forum to see reactions and many of them are delusional. Think adding Rodgers doesn't move the needle much for the Jets and Bills still would be heavy favorites in the division.  If I cared enough I'd create an acct and wallop the lot of them. 

Bills window is closing. They are losing some talent this year, McDermot is one of the most over rated HCs in the league and Josh Allen is turning into one of those great regular season QB's who can never win the big game in the postseason. Bills will be around, but they dont scare me as much

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Bills window is closing. They are losing some talent this year, McDermot is one of the most over rated HCs in the league and Josh Allen is turning into one of those great regular season QB's who can never win the big game in the postseason. Bills will be around, but they dont scare me as much

yah ok

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

we beat them with Zach Wilson at QB. You have to think we can at least compete with them with a better QB. 

A big challenge for Saleh and this staff is to not let the defense regress appreciably. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

whats the other alternative?

You talk to the guy, you lay out your offer and you set a hard time line say a few days before free agency and say are you in or out?  And a minute after the clock strikes you move on to plan C which is probably garappolo or something like that.  And you frame it that way, not oh we will give poor aaron all the time he needs, we are begging him to join us.  You just look like a desperate fool.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is freakin' ridiculous.  Rodgers is a tool and this is shaping up as a complete joke.  I would have told Rodgers and GB that this gets done by March 5 or not at all.  Neither he nor GB has anyplace else to go.  The Jets have an amazing propensity to give up all their leverage.  I'd express interest in both Jackson and Stafford publicly today.  I can't stand Rodgers and he is proving to be just like the guy he replaced at the same point in his career.  

eh, I think giving him until somewhere between Friday and Sunday is fine. He met with team officials two days ago. 

The tampering period doesn't even start until Monday, right?

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

As long as we have an answer before Monday's FA opening there's nothing to worry about. Rodgers doesn't owe the Jets anything and is making a major decision. I get it, I want to know asap too.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

As long as we have an answer before Monday's FA opening there's nothing to worry about. Rodgers doesn't owe the Jets anything and is making a major decision. I get it, I want to know asap too.

agreed. 

Imagine if you weren't a Jets fan - would coming to the Jets be an easy decision? LOL. 

I think we have a nice young team and it could be a really fun team with him, but it's not a slam dunk and still a major life decision, either way. 

I just watched this exact clip from Tom Pelisserio and an important part that was omitted is that the Jets have not agreed to compensation with the packers. He says the jets have an "idea" on what compensation and the rodgers contract would look like, not that the jets packers have officially agreed on it.......tweet very misleading

• Post of the Week 1

The fact that this is all reportedly worked out with both teams and we're just waiting on Rodgers to decide if he wants to make $60million for 7 months of work is just so asinine. What's the deal with this guy 

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You talk to the guy, you lay out your offer and you set a hard time line say a few days before free agency and say are you in or out?  And a minute after the clock strikes you move on to plan C which is probably garappolo or something like that.  And you frame it that way, not oh we will give poor aaron all the time he needs, we are begging him to join us.  You just look like a desperate fool.

you do realize that FA doesn't start until next week?  so we are still in this window of tell us before FA starts, even if it feels like it is taking forever.

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

why march 5???

other than carr (because he was released), the jets are not allowed to discuss anything with any other QB.  it would be tampering to mention an interest in stafford.  not exactly sure how it works with a player like lamar who was tagged, but my guess is that teams can't even contact the player/agent until the "legal tampering period" opens march 13.

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is freakin' ridiculous.  Rodgers is a LEAGUE MVP and this is shaping up as a GREAT OPPORTUNITY.  I would have told Rodgers and GB that this gets done FOR NEXT SEASON.  Neither he nor GB WILL GET A BETTER DEAL.  The Jets have an amazing propensity to give up all their leverage.  I'd express interest in both Jackson and Stafford publicly today.  I LOVE Rodgers and he is proving to be just like the guy he replaced at the same point in his career.  A GREAT QB THAT CAN HELP THE JETS

fixed it for you

FA has even begun, I still think we are weeks away from anyone making the move. this idea that he has to be done now is crazy. Rogers is a great qb and everyone knows it including him. Why would you sign the dotted line before you even foudn out who is all interested. He does not now owe sh*t to GB or NY, but much like standing up for your rights as a citizen, simply standing up for your self does not make you bad. 

the it has be done now or nothing is stupid. Very ignorant.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

FA has even begun, I still think we are weeks away from anyone making the move. this idea that he has to be done now is crazy. Rogers is a great qb and everyone knows it including him. Why would you sign the dotted line before you even foudn out who is all interested. He does not now owe sh*t to GB or NY, but much like standing up for your rights as a citizen, simply standing up for your self does not make you bad. 

I agree it's dumb to think it needs to be done right now but obviously the Jets approach in FA changes with Rodgers on board. So it would be very beneficial to everyone to know by Monday.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I agree it's dumb to think it needs to be done right now but obviously the Jets approach in FA changes with Rodgers on board. So it would be very beneficial to everyone to know by Monday.

well except for rodgers and green bay, but yes very good for us. 

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This post is whackadoodle.  Of course it has to be made now.  As much as I want Rodgers if he hasn't decided by the 14th I'd make the decision for him and pivot to Jimmy G. 

They are not going to let every other QB get signed while Aaron ponders his decision meditating to Ravi Shankar. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Josh Rivers.