April 17th, what if Aaron shows up at the Packers Facility?

Maxman

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Ross Tucker made a good point on his pod the other day.

Said if Rodgers wants to get dealt, show up to the Packers facility and head to the weight room.  Injury means the Packers are stuck with Rodgers and his $60 million salary so they probably deal him within 5 minutes.

Hadn't thought of that. The team watching him on the cameras, OMG get him a spotter he is going to hurt himself. Insane.

• Upvote 4

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. JD has ALL the leverage; GB has NONE. They have moved on from Rodgers and cannot afford to pay his contract the next 2 years (plus cap hits the following 2 years). GB will cave eventually. Don't give up anything other than late round picks.

• Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

1-888-Call-Lamar

You want two first round picks for Aaron? You can pry those picks out of the Ravens hands because that is where we are sending them.

Please don’t say that. That would be a huge mistake. Not worth it. Magical rookie year. They ran a ton of 12 personnel that worked well ( until teams went to school on it)! Everything was a dump or quick throw to a TE or back- one quick read and if it’s not there Lamar would just tuck and run. Sprinkle in  a deep arching rainbow now and then to Hollywood Brown that he would run under like a punt.

no thanks! Great athlete - not a great QB

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think we’re burying the lead here. What the hell do we do on 4/17 when Zach Wilson shows up to play QB.

Talk about a circus atmosphere and an uncomfortable locker room/front office….

New York Jets GIF by NFL On Prime Video

I've seen this narrative pushed elsewhere - I don't get it. 

Zach Wilson has known for a couple of months that he's going to be a backup going forward here. The media was asking him at his end of the season press conference about the Jets bringing in a vet. ("I'm gonna give the vet hell" quote).  He's far from the first high draft pick to get replaced by a veteran starter. He'll deal with it. If he's a competitor, he'll show up better than he's been and push his career forward. 

• Upvote 3

The longer it goes on the more AR will want to screw over GB. And he does have power in this. Refusing to retire and go back. And make that the new story. Then benching an elite QB bc they were too stubborn to trade him. The distraction won’t go away for them. For us we can go sign a safety net that “can” start. Let’s say like Matt Ryan.

I think another angle in this is have a guy like Lazard be our information to AR. We can’t straight talk to AR. He’s under contract. GB allowed that one meeting. We can’t just talk to him whenever we want since. But players can talk. Lazard and AR already have a relationship. Tell Lazard to AR that we’ll be outgoing and in the media going for Lamar, Stafford and others since GB isn’t cooperating in trade negotiations. But this isn’t to actually get them. It’s to scare GB. So don’t take it seriously. It’s to get the ball moving and close this thing by scaring them. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The longer it goes on the more AR will want to screw over GB. And he does have power in this. Refusing to retire and go back. And make that the new story. Then benching an elite QB bc they were too stubborn to trade him. The distraction won’t go away for them. For us we can go sign a safety net that “can” start. Let’s say like Matt Ryan.

I think another angle in this is have a guy like Lazard be our information to AR. We can’t straight talk to AR. He’s under contract. GB allowed that one meeting. We can’t just talk to him whenever we want since. But players can talk. Lazard and AR already have a relationship. Tell Lazard to AR that we’ll be outgoing and in the media going for Lamar, Stafford and others since GB isn’t cooperating in trade negotiations. But this isn’t to actually get them. It’s to scare GB. So don’t take it seriously. It’s to get the ball moving and close this thing by scaring them. 

The reason why I buy AR will want to screw over GB and play this game is because he's petty af lol 

His personality works in our favor

Even if he doesn’t show up, if he’s still a packer by the 17th allll the media will do is ask the front office/ players about Rodgers. Can’t imagine love would like this, on top of that I’m sure GB is concerned with Rodgers  unpredictable personality.

All of this is why i believe a deal will likely get done soon 

1 hour ago, SpankyJohnson said:

I can't stop laughing at this !

You can tell that it's MetLife, as the Turf caused another injury to a player!

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

He can begin training as scheduled. This kid will be an All-Time great.

Right up there with Marv Thornbury (1977 - 20012. '08 Janitor of the year)

streaming tv show GIF by HULU

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Said if Rodgers wants to get dealt, show up to the Packers facility and head to the weight room.  Injury means the Packers are stuck with Rodgers and his $60 million salary so they probably deal him within 5 minutes.

I've been saying that for weeks. And if they deny him entrance to the facility so he doesn't get his workout bonus, the Players Union can slap a grievance on Aaron's behalf.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jim Miller on SiriusXM Movin the Chains said the same thing yesterday. For ARs protection he should report for OTAs, and conduct his workouts in their facility.  That way he is covered should he injure himself during workouts.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hadn't thought of that. The team watching him on the cameras, OMG get him a spotter he is going to hurt himself. Insane.

Rodgers seconds into his first reps with the 1's:

Soccer Player GIF

• Haha 3