Odell visiting Jets on Monday

12 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Becton is the most talented OT on the roster and it’s not even close.  He just needs to stay healthy and get his head out of his rear end.  He appears to be doing both losing 50 lbs recently on the treadmill 

if his knee holds up and puts away the Rockie Road ice cream for 10 years or so he could definitely be pro bowler T for years to come. Big if and gamble but thats sports baby... a big gampbe ...pay the ******* man and give him his 5th year option.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

if his knee holds up and puts away the Rockie Road ice cream for 10 years or so he could definitely be pro bowler T for years to come. Big if and gamble but thats sports baby... a big gampbe ...pay the ******* man and give him his 5th year option.

I would expect All-Pro with his length, strength and quickness.

• Upvote 2

I'm on board with OBJ at the right price.

By trading for Rodgers, the Jets are all in on a two year window. OBJ is a high risk, high reward signing. If he can stay healthy, watching him catch passes from Rodgers opposite Wilson is going to be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Love Kincaid, I think he's the best receiver in this draft. I just don't know if we do it now that we restructured Conklin and Uzomah

Restructure or not, both Conklin and Uzomah barring an adequate replacement will be released next offseason. 

Uzomah successor is already on the roster in Ruckert who has flashed into displaying his blocking ability. Uzomah makes $8M in cash next season. You don't spend that type of money on a player of his caliber. 

If Conklin doesn't produce, he may just stick around due to not having a replacement and collect $6.75M. But a pass catcher like Kincaid can change that. As of today Kincaid isn't a TE but a WR in the form of Mike Gesicki. There's currently no top depth TE of his size currently in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

Jimmy Jonson, not the race car driver, was asked during his SB run in Dallas, what's the one thing that you attribute to success.  His answer was a quick..."play makers".  Well, he had young players at the time and we have a mixed bag of young and old...but the play makers will be here.  STAY HEALTHY.

25 minutes ago, Barkus said:

More like Joe Tannendouglas. He is going all in like Tanny! Should be interesting to say the least.

Tannenbaum was a Pimp ... Douglas is a real GM that is being puppeteered by Woody. Because Douglas is vastly superior to anything the Jets have ever had before, he will navigate this the best he can.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, undertow said:

They will probably cut Davis after they sign OBJ and it will be a wash how is that going all in?

More of a big picture take, ie: trading for  40yr old Aaron Rodgers and paying him 60 million, signing OBJ, etc.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Nope.  Brown is your left tackle...Saleh already gave him the Job...Becton is going to be your right tackle no matter what happens...would bet farm on that...AVT is going to be your RG....and Laken is going to be your LG and not drafting no C in 1st round.

This is an all in win now season coming up...they are not dafting the T of the future.

Didn’t learn anything from last seasons OL issues?  You need more than 5 quality OL especially in an “all in win” season  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barkus said:

More of a big picture take, ie: trading for  40yr old Aaron Rodgers and paying him 60 million, signing OBJ, etc.

I don't see "going all in" in the picture....there's no long term contracts and they aren't trading away all their draft picks....this team is built on young players not overpriced vets that we traded for.

• Upvote 2

The value of Beckham (vs Davis or a rookie) is that he can’t be covered by your CB2 or CB3, which would show up during a playoff run. Corey Davis would get locked up by safeties and JAGs. A rookie 3rd rounder probably isn’t developing in time to earn Rodgers’ trust. I’d imagine the sales pitch to Beckham will revolve around him being a part-time player in the regular season, but getting a bunch of targets when it counts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Yep, could be regime change if this turns into dumpster fire. 

Oh, it 100% will be a regime change if this is a disaster.

anything short of the playoffs or a 10 win season where you lose a tie breaker for the final wildcard means everyone gets fired. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The value of Beckham (vs Davis or a rookie) is that he can’t be covered by your CB2 or CB3, which would show up during a playoff run. Corey Davis would get locked up by safeties and JAGs. A rookie 3rd rounder probably isn’t developing in time to earn Rodgers’ trust. I’d imagine the sales pitch to Beckham will revolve around him being a part-time player in the regular season, but getting a bunch of targets when it counts. 

My problems with the Beckham move are that 1) he’s a major injury risk and 2) he’s a loon and I believe the jets have a good young locker room that handled the Moore and Wilson situations pretty well last year.

I get the logic of the move but have big concerns/doubts 

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

My problems with the Beckham move are that 1) he’s a major injury risk and 2) he’s a loon and I believe the jets have a good young locker room that handled the Moore and Wilson situations pretty well last year.

I get the logic of the move but have big concerns/doubts 

The thing is, acting out on Baker is one thing. I don’t think he would pull that sh*t with Rodgers because Rodgers is good and he also wouldn’t deal with that sh*t