Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

The handwringing around here...?

This is the best day in Jets history since we hired Bill Parcells. Soak it in, jets fans. @Joe W. Namath finally got one right. Its time to thank Joe Douglas. He's finally brought winning football to Florham Park

Joe D got bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states today.  Got destroyed by gutenkust on this deal.

Joe D will have to earn back the thank yous now.  

With that said, obviously an exciting season coming up and in the short term, we are a better football team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Give it a break. You know how hard it its to win a SB? Rodgers himself has 1. Farve has 1. Mannings have 2 each. Mahomes has 2. Burrows has zero. Allen has zero. Dak has zero. Marino has zero. Marino. Let that sink into your head. Probably the greatest QB of all time. ZERO SB wins. Ryan has zero. Herbert has zero. Wilson has 1.  You could go down the list of great QB's who had ZERO SB wins.  The whole point is to at least get in striking range.  Heck, even Brady was fortunate to win as many as he did. Brady could easily have lost 6-7 SB's rather than won 7. It's extremely difficult to win a SB.  It takes a total team effort which is why Rodgers was fed up with GB. They really didnt support him as well as they should have. 

Thank you!

People are Insane…. I said it years ago people act like winning a SB is like putting a FF team together and it isn’t. 

News flash it is hard, very hard to do……

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D got bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states today.  Got destroyed by gutenkust on this deal.

With that said, obviously an exciting season coming up and in the short term, we are a better football team.

I’m not sure I agree with this. The thing that bothers us the most is the 2nd year compensation. 

If the trade just involved Rodgers , #15 and 170 for #13 #42 and #207 we would be dancing in the streets. That is lopsided for the Jets.

So if giving up a 1st rounder in the second year is getting pulled over a barrel so be it. 

we did get Aaron Rodgers 

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

Now I know why crazy Gute was asking for the moon.   Start high and back off or good.   But it wasn’t a bent over type thing.   Hyperbole 

• Sympathy 1

Finally, the conclusive evidence that you have been trolling this site these past seasons. How can someone get bent over and then see Alaska?

Nice try, McTrollface.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I'm so excited for prime time Jets games! The schedule release is going to be so exciting.

The small availability of 1 PM kickoffs will make the JN Tailgate game challenging. All the quality games will now be moved to prime time. 

There might only be 3-4 games scheduled for 1 PM.

Take Care Wisdom GIF by Star Wars

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Give it a break. You know how hard it its to win a SB? Rodgers himself has 1. Farve has 1. Mannings have 2 each. Mahomes has 2. Burrows has zero. Allen has zero. Dak has zero. Marino has zero. Marino. Let that sink into your head. Probably the greatest QB of all time. ZERO SB wins. Ryan has zero. Herbert has zero. Wilson has 1.  You could go down the list of great QB's who had ZERO SB wins.  The whole point is to at least get in striking range.  Heck, even Brady was fortunate to win as many as he did. Brady could easily have lost 6-7 SB's rather than won 7. It's extremely difficult to win a SB.  It takes a total team effort which is why Rodgers was fed up with GB. They really didnt support him as well as they should have. 

Yep. The thing is at a minimum they have to make the playoffs. The next tier is winning the division and then having the best record in the afc. Then they have to win their playoff games. Saleh and co will have their work cut out for them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Maybe I am reading @Rhg1084’s post incorrectly but isn’t he making the same point?

he is countering that jd and saleh would not get fired if they don’t win a sb.

no dog in the fight but his posts are typically logical and not emotional rollercoasters so I jumped in

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Maybe I am reading @Rhg1084’s post incorrectly but isn’t he making the same point?

no dog in the fight but his posts are typically logical and not emotional rollercoasters so I jumped in

That’s exactly my point. @Joe W. Namathkeeps saying this Rodgers move will get everyone fired so I’m trying to come up with some scenarios where he might be right.  If they go 7-10 next year and Rodgers says “eff this, coming to the Jets was a huge mistake” and decides to retire than yes that could possibly be it for Saleh and JD. But let’s say for example Rodgers gives us 2 fun years where they make the AFC Championship game. Would not winning a superbowl get Woody so irate he decides to fire them both anyway? Anything’s possible but I don’t see it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Right read it opposite. This whole trade thing has made me dyslexic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Yep. The thing is at a minimum they have to make the playoffs. The next tier is winning the division and then having the best record in the afc. Then they have to win their playoff games. Saleh and co will have their work cut out for them.

They’ve improved. But the setback has been drafting Zach. Hopefully Rodgers ignites this team.  It’s a big question mark if Saleh and JD are hung out to dry if this thing doesn’t pay off. They just have no one else to rely on. They’ve both stood up however and made this team fun to watch despite some really far growing pains. They ain’t going nowhere. The Rodgers experiment is not the end all for Saleh and JD. 

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

That’s exactly my point. @Joe W. Namathkeeps saying this Rodgers move will get everyone fired so I’m trying to come up with some scenarios where he might be right.  If they go 7-10 next year and Rodgers says “eff this, coming to the Jets was a huge mistake” and decides to retire than yes that could possibly be it for Saleh and JD. But let’s say for example Rodgers gives us 2 fun years where they make the AFC Championship game. Would not winning a superbowl get Woody so irate he decides to fire them both anyway? Anything’s possible but I don’t see it. 

Yes, that would be the scenario. If the Jets miss the playoffs and Rodgers retires, everyone is getting fired.

If the Jets make the playoffs and Rodgers plays at least two years, everyone is getting extended.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So far so good. I’m curious what happens next. My ideal remaining offseason:

1) Sign Ezekial Elliott RB

2) Trade pick 112 for DHop WR (Corey Davis either gets traded or cut)

3) Sign Al Woods iDL

4) Draft OT at 15

5) Draft iOL at 43

Agree with all of this except point 5. We currently do not need an IOL. We need DT, LB, S 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

They’ve improved. But the setback has been drafting Zach. Hopefully Rodgers ignites this team.  It’s a big question mark if Saleh and JD are hung out to dry if this thing doesn’t pay off. They just have no one else to rely on. They’ve both stood up however and made this team fun to watch despite some really far growing pains. They ain’t going nowhere. The Rodgers experiment is not the end all for Saleh and JD. 

I’m not so sure about saleh. He really needs this group to play hard every game. And I hope he doesn’t just delegate the offense to Hackett like he did with milfy. Saleh needs to be aware of all points of the game not just defensive rotations.