### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Really hoping for an Offensive Tackle today - and really hope that one we like doesn't go at 13 or 14.

My preference is Skoronski, Johnson, Jones, Wright.  If we miss out on those guys, Harrison after a trade down would be nice too.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is draft day, let's go Joe Douglas!

Hopefully the Jets get off to a better start than I did. Was doing a little server cleanup and that is why the forums have been down for a bit.  All good now, let's go Jets!

Oh... you SOB. You broke up my morning routine. :)

Charlotte Jets fans, we always have a draft party.   About 50 or so of us will get together tonite.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Aaron Rogers is a Jet, the Knicks won a playoff series, Rangers/Devils , and the NFL draft tonight. Im pretty much (more than usual) useless at work today. ?

This is great!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I expect a lineman but wouldn't be upset if they drafted another weapon and addressed the line in the 2nd, trade, or cuts.  Probably Wright or Jones....I'm doubting a trade back I don't really see that kind of talent available that someone would be willing to trade up for much.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

You need to pick a player at 15 that will help Aaron Rodgers immediately.  We have 5 starting oline in Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, AVT, Becton.  So taking oline at 15, you are taking a player that will not be on the field unless of an injury.

So the pick needs to be JSN.  He steps in as an immediate starter in the slot.  You might have to trade up to get him.  If that is the case, do it Joe!!!!!!!!!

Get JSN at any cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vontae mack at any cost. Can't have both. The paper only has one name on it.

• Haha 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

You need to pick a player at 15 that will help Aaron Rodgers immediately.  We have 5 starting oline in Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, AVT, Becton.  So taking oline at 15, you are taking a player that will not be on the field unless of an injury.

So the pick needs to be JSN.  He steps in as an immediate starter in the slot.  You might have to trade up to get him.  If that is the case, do it Joe!!!!!!!!!

Any cost? Absolutely not. If he's available? Sure.  Doubt he is though, can't see him getting past greenbay

And for the record, based on injury history alone, an OT will be a year 1 contributer. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brown and Becton can't be relied on. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rodgers likes Lazard as the big slot.  Doubt the jets are thinking this. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slats said:

I want the WR. Give me JSN. Let’s load Rodgers up with weapons. Would also put them in position to pivot and trade Davis for -hopefully- a third or fourth rounder this year. 

Better WR group, more cap room, and another player in the top 130 or so. 

I don’t see a wr in the first round, but rather a later round target.  

I am beginning to accept the reality that there’s a decent chance the pick tonight is a DL, either at 15 or back, and then tomorrow a center and/or OT.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I don’t see a wr in the first round, but rather a later round target.  

I am beginning to accept the reality that there’s a decent chance the pick tonight is a DL, either at 15 or back, and then tomorrow a center and/or OT.

I’d also take a DL over an OL, as I see it as the greater need, but JSN would give JD a real shot at back-to-back OROYs. 

I think trading back is a genuine possibility this year, too. More so than usual. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Really hoping for an Offensive Tackle today - and really hope that one we like doesn't go at 13 or 14.

My preference is Skoronski, Johnson, Jones, Wright.  If we miss out on those guys, Harrison after a trade down would be nice too.

No way the top 4 are gone by 15