Denzel Mims Shipped to Detroit for Conditional Day 3 Draft Pick

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

In trying to get this straight ... The Jets get a 6th rounder in 2024 for a 2025 conditional 7th ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Who cares. Mims was gonna be cut and we got something. Anything is better than nothing

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Good to get anything but Douglas and his two great 2nd round WR gets have given a totally embarrassing return overall.

Agreed. but that 1 wr he took in the first round had a pretty amazing rookie year 

• Upvote 2

I bet hard knocks is pissed they missed out on this meeting. 

Can anyone explain to me why it makes any sense whatsoever to give him away before camp? 2 weeks into camp we are going to have at least 2 WRs riding the bikes because, well, thats what happens EVERY year. Our MVP QB rental is going to have moments he'll be taking practice snaps with the Jeff Smith or future practice squad players of the world. They trade for another WR in the coming days, obviously I retract that statement. But what was the sense of dumping him this second? We are almost certainly going to be fielding WRs in camp that are worse than Mims. I don't get it...

4 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Lol yes, it was sarcasm/satire. But it’s not about what I think, it’s about what JD thinks. And if JD thought Aaron Rodgers was really still good, he would be trusting Rodgers to turn Mims into a good receiver instead of burying him on the depth chart behind better receivers and then trading him.

You think Mims was going to learn all those hand gestures?   After blowing off camp?

• Haha 1

Dear Denzel,

The NY Jets 2nd Round Pick Graveyard Club: Wide Receiver Chapter would like to officially welcomes you to our humble ranks. 

Sincerely,

Elijah Moore

Devin Smith

Stephen Hill 

Alex Van Dyke

Ryan Yarborough

Reggie Rembert

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

yes... was such a great draft in 2020.  I dare you to find a team that had a worse draft than JD in 2020.

That draft was McCaggnanesque.

Lions beat Jets last year maybe Mims flashed that game?

Otherwise he's just a garage sale WR who cares.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I bet hard knocks is pissed they missed out on this meeting. 

Can anyone explain to me why it makes any sense whatsoever to give him away before camp? 2 weeks into camp we are going to have at least 2 WRs riding the bikes because, well, thats what happens EVERY year. Our MVP QB rental is going to have moments he'll be taking practice snaps with the Jeff Smith or future practice squad players of the world. They trade for another WR in the coming days, obviously I retract that statement. But what was the sense of dumping him this second? We are almost certainly going to be fielding WRs in camp that are worse than Mims. I don't get it...

He doesn’t play special teams and had no chance of making the team and the lions want him for the offense installation portion of camp and it makes no sense to subject him to injury risk. 

39 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

2021 was a top tier draft. 5 starters and a Echols/Carter  who’s are great backups esp for a late round pick? That’s insane 

Obviously AVT was great (though an OL taken mid-1st round is not that big of a surprise).  

There were some good later round picks but ZW has been a huge bust so far and Eli Moore has already gotten traded.  

• Upvote 1

Really really liked Mims coming out, had him in my top 5 of that class and was shocked after all the trade backs that he was still there for the taking late in the 2nd.  I thought his rookie season was promising for missing most of camp and coming on late.  Call it a run of bad luck, a regime not invested in him or whatever you want, it's a huge disappointment but glad the Jets got something vs. nothing.  That said, not a great look for JD to be trading both 2nd round WR from back to back draft when they were supposed to be part of the "core" but I also respect cutting bait and not holding out for hope just because of draft positioning.  All that to say, I wish Mims well, should be interesting to see if he can revitalize his career in another environment. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Really really liked Mims coming out, had him in my top 5 of that class and was shocked after all the trade backs that he was still there for the taking late in the 2nd.  I thought his rookie season was promising for missing most of camp and coming on late.  Call it a run of bad luck, a regime not invested in him or whatever you want, it's a huge disappointment but glad the Jets got something vs. nothing.  That said, not a great look for JD to be trading both 2nd round WR from back to back draft when they were supposed to be part of the "core" but I also respect cutting bait and not holding out for hope just because of draft positioning.  All that to say, I wish Mims well, should be interesting to see if he can revitalize his career in another environment. 

I saw this thing once where a guy started out with a Yamaha keyboard and kept trading till ended up with a Ferrari. Maybe Joe D saw it too? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not even JD can overcome our 2nd round WR curse.  And the fact that our jinxes continue doesn't bode well for our game against the Eagles this year.  And the fact that if we do somehow make it to the Super Bowl, I'm thinking there's a great chance Philly will be there.  Though imagine if our first win against the Eagles in franchise history was in the Super Bowl?!  That would really be the capper!

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not even JD can overcome our 2nd round WR curse.  And the fact that our jinxes continue doesn't bode well for our game against the Eagles this year.  (And the fact that if we do somehow make it to the Super Bowl, I'm thinking there's a great chance Philly will be there).

I was so confused by this post and then realized that the Jets have never beat the Eagles.  lol  Crazy.  Is there an example of that anywhere else in the NFL?  

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Obviously AVT was great (though an OL taken mid-1st round is not that big of a surprise).  

There were some good later round picks but ZW has been a huge bust so far and Eli Moore has already gotten traded.  

Sure Zach is a bust that sucks, but look at the rest of the draft 

AVT is awesome

Moore is a starter for the browns 

Carter the rb is a solid rational back 

Sherwood the coaching staff loves and looks like he’ll be starting this year 

Carter the cb is a top 10 slot

Pinnock is starting on the giants as far as I know 

Nas looks like a bust 

Echols is a great backup corner who can step in and not be exposed if needed

Marshall was a swing and a miss

Look around the league. Teams are lucky to get 3 guys who contribute in a draft. This draft has 7 which is incredible 

17 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Sure Zach is a bust that sucks, but look at the rest of the draft 

AVT is awesome

Moore is a starter for the browns 

Carter the rb is a solid rational back 

Sherwood the coaching staff loves and looks like he’ll be starting this year 

Carter the cb is a top 10 slot

Pinnock is starting on the giants as far as I know 

Nas looks like a bust 

Echols is a great backup corner who can step in and not be exposed if needed

Marshall was a swing and a miss

Look around the league. Teams are lucky to get 3 guys who contribute in a draft. This draft has 7 which is incredible 

Yeah, everyone knows a pick not good enough to stick on your team for more than a year or two is actually a good thing.

• Haha 1