Denzel Mims Shipped to Detroit for Conditional Day 3 Draft Pick

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still time!  Remember, nearly 1,200 players are getting cut by teams on Aug 29.  Some of those will definitely be useful WRs.

And if no one of interest pops loose, current dirt cheap street FA's to kick the tires on include:

• Jarvis Landry
  • Julio Jones
  • Kenny Golladay
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Quintez Cephus

None of these guys could ever replace Mimsy!

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

mims fan boys are we finally allowed to call him a bust? Joe missed on just about everybody early on-one of the worst drafts ever-now to his credit last years was probably the best ever so lets hope that is the real Joe

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’m old enough to remember being told that the Jets were Mensa-levels of genius for drafting him where and how they did. 

Funny how the folks who said that at the time now deny they ever said anything, were ever fans of him, or the pick, etc.

Same old same old.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Funny how the folks who said that at the time now deny they ever said anything, were ever fans of him, or the pick, etc.

Same old same old.

Tall athletic receivers who can high point the ball in the late 2nd are always a good idea.

Biggest problem is they interviewed the guy twice but couldn’t figure out he would be a poor fit based on that.  

Nevertheless I still support the process behind the pick.  Sucks he didn’t work out.  Oh well.  We now have Garrett Wilson and Aaron Rodgers to throw to him.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Looking at the wide receiver room: 

1 Wilson 

2 Lazard 

3 Hardman 

4 Davis 

and some want/wanted Davis gone. I think the jets should’ve added another proven guy at this position 

One of my very few complaints of the offseason. 

Jets 1000% should have added a proven play maker. You can't go all in on this year, with what you gave up to have a HOF QB and go into the season with a WR room that looks like this. Our defense flashed superbowl caliber last year. You traded for a HOF QB. JD absolutely needed to stock this offense with additional legitimate play makers (JSN for starters!) And he didn't do that. That WR room isn't getting it done. No one there is good enough to pull coverage from Wilson. 

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tall athletic receivers who can high point the ball in the late 2nd are always a good idea.

Biggest problem is they interviewed the guy twice but couldn’t figure out he would be a poor fit based on that.  

Nevertheless I still support the process behind the pick.  Sucks he didn’t work out.  Oh well.  We now have Garrett Wilson and Aaron Rodgers to throw to him.  

You sound like.the Zach Wilson fans here.

• Thumb Down 1

Over under on how long this thread pertaining to a former Jet lives on ? I'll put the line at 3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We'll get live updates every week on his Motown breakout.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You sound like.the Zach Wilson fans here.

Let me get this straight.  First you rip on posters for once supporting the pick then disappearing.  Now you rip on me for showing up to say I supported the pick because the process behind the pick was good?  Kindly GFY.  

The Zach process (a # 2 overall pick, not a late 2) was poor btw.  A smallish school rarely tested QB is far different from an athletically gifted Big 12 receiver.  There’s no comparison to be made there.  Your results-based analysis to drafting when more than 50 % of 1st rounders fail is laughable here.  So double GFY.  

I know how much neg rep annoys you so eat that sh*t too, f**ker.

I yield the rest of my time to @Paradis

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let me get this straight.  First you rip on posters for once supporting the pick then disappearing.

Correct. 

Posters who aggressively beat the sh*t out of the community about how great Mims was, who now are silent as he's embarrassingly sent packing as a bust deserve to be "ripped".

Now you rip on me for showing up to say I supported the pick because the process behind the pick was good?

When you use the same exact arguments (i.e. "X, Y and Z traits X has are always a good idea" passive defense of an obviously bad pick) they do, yes, I will point that out.

If that's a "rip" it's an exceedingly mild one.  

No, Wilson was not "always a good idea" nor was Mims "always a good idea".

Kindly GFY.  

Little sensitive today, eh?

The Zach process (a # 2 overall pick, not a late 2) was poor btw.

So was the Mims drafting process.

A smallish school rarely tested QB is far different from an athletically gifted Big 12 receiver.  There’s no comparison to be made there.  Your results-based analysis to drafting when more than 50 % of 1st rounders fail is laughable here.  So double GFY.

Mims homer spotted.  

I know how much neg rep annoys you so eat that sh*t too, f**ker.

lol, overreaction, thy name is 80.  

I yield the rest of my time to @Paradis

King of the wrong-minded posters on Mims.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Jets 1000% should have added a proven play maker. You can't go all in on this year, with what you gave up to have a HOF QB and go into the season with a WR room that looks like this. Our defense flashed superbowl caliber last year. You traded for a HOF QB. JD absolutely needed to stock this offense with additional legitimate play makers (JSN for starters!) And he didn't do that. That WR room isn't getting it done. No one there is good enough to pull coverage from Wilson. 

Davis lazard seem pretty good for that. Then of course breeze hall and the RBs and TEs all should have an impact.

We are looking at the most competitive WR room and offense we have ever had. What are you talking about?

• Upvote 3

On 7/22/2023 at 8:11 AM, Warfish said:

Same old same old.

I’m another one who liked the Mims pick, I’ll just eat it. Get some wrong and learn from it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Davis lazard seem pretty good for that. Then of course breeze hall and the RBs and TEs all should have an impact.

We are looking at the most competitive WR room and offense we have ever had. What are you talking about?

Corey Davis? Seriously? Most competitive WR room we've ever had? Are you serious? Mind you, this isn't exactly a franchise known for its history of explosive offenses and this WR room isn't remotely close to "most competitive". 

Marshall and Decker were a SIGNIFICANTLY better tandem than anything we have now. Cole and Moss. Hell, even Keyshawn a Chrebet. You've got Garret Wilson and then a solid to JAG #2, at best. 

For sure, we have had infinitely worse skills position groups. It's not that this is a BAD group - Not by a long shot. But when you make this kind of trade, for this kind of QB, you need to do a hell of a lot more than what JD has done to put pieces around him. If Wilson misses anytime, you've got no one catching the ball that's giving opposing DC anything to worry about. 

AR is one of the greatest to every play the position. How many Superbowls does he have? Greenbay mismanaged the career of a GOAT. That franchise should have had numerous SB wins during his tenure. Rodgers has a sh*t ton of MVP trophies in his career and GB has one Lombardi in that time span. That's what happens when you don't prioritize putting studs on the O around him. That's what happens when you pass on blue chip WRs in the 1st round for undersized, rotational DEs. 

If the goal with this trade was legitimate SB contention than you needed to do a whole lot better than Lazard. Not drafting JSN was absolute negligence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:16 PM, MichaelScott said:

Obviously the issue for you is you don't believe in Corey Davis as #2,  whereas Saleh and Douglas do. I'm not saying you are wrong but that is the difference. I do like having Lazard there as #3.  THis board underrates his importance.  Remains to be seen with Hardman.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Does that mean mims was the right pick?

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Does that mean mims was the right pick?

Obviously not but the process behind the pick made sense.  Hence why those who wanted Douglas fired over that draft look dumb these days:  Even then you could tell things would be different compared to prior GMs.  

15 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

That's what happens when you pass on blue chip WRs in the 1st round for undersized, rotational DEs. 

If the goal with this trade was legitimate SB contention than you needed to do a whole lot better than Lazard. Not drafting JSN was absolute negligence. 

I look forward to seeing how both of these players perform this year and in their careers. JSN had one great year in college as the slot receiver with Wilson and Olave as his teammates. I’m not as sold on him as a blue chip prospect. You want to make this impassioned case of wrongdoing here, but I don’t think there are a lot of GMs drafting slot receivers over pass rushers in the first round. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:53 PM, Warfish said:

Correct. 

Posters who aggressively beat the sh*t out of the community about how great Mims was, who now are silent as he's embarrassingly sent packing as a bust deserve to be "ripped".

When you use the same exact arguments (i.e. "X, Y and Z traits X has are always a good idea" passive defense of an obviously bad pick) they do, yes, I will point that out.

If that's a "rip" it's an exceedingly mild one.  

No, Wilson was not "always a good idea" nor was Mims "always a good idea".

Little sensitive today, eh?

So was the Mims drafting process.

Mims homer spotted.  

lol, overreaction, thy name is 80.  

King of the wrong-minded posters on Mims.

I’m still waiting for Dexter McDougle to breakout. Free Denzel! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/22/2023 at 7:11 AM, Warfish said:

Same old same old.

Can't speak for others, but I have never denied that I was a huge fan of the Mims pick.  I was shocked that we got him late 2 and was thrilled with the pick.  Yes, I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with Rodgers.  We gave him away for practically nothing.  I was wrong.  Was not the first time I got something wrong and it won't be the last. 

But I am curious to see what he does with Detroit (if he makes the team).  If he gets cut before the season, maybe I will finally give up on him.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Corey Davis? Seriously? Most competitive WR room we've ever had? Are you serious? Mind you, this isn't exactly a franchise known for its history of explosive offenses and this WR room isn't remotely close to "most competitive". 

Marshall and Decker were a SIGNIFICANTLY better tandem than anything we have now. Cole and Moss. Hell, even Keyshawn a Chrebet. You've got Garret Wilson and then a solid to JAG #2, at best. 

For sure, we have had infinitely worse skills position groups. It's not that this is a BAD group - Not by a long shot. But when you make this kind of trade, for this kind of QB, you need to do a hell of a lot more than what JD has done to put pieces around him. If Wilson misses anytime, you've got no one catching the ball that's giving opposing DC anything to worry about. 

AR is one of the greatest to every play the position. How many Superbowls does he have? Greenbay mismanaged the career of a GOAT. That franchise should have had numerous SB wins during his tenure. Rodgers has a sh*t ton of MVP trophies in his career and GB has one Lombardi in that time span. That's what happens when you don't prioritize putting studs on the O around him. That's what happens when you pass on blue chip WRs in the 1st round for undersized, rotational DEs. 

while the #2 WR spot may not be as productive than some of those others you mentioned, i think you'd be hard pressed to find a WR corps from jets history (or even league-wide) that is as deep as wilson, lazard, davis, hardman and cobb.  the problem is people get so caught up in type-casting a #2 WR, that they ignore that depth of this group.  sure, in 1998, you had keyshawn and chrebert, and after them, dedrick ward and alex van dyke?  in 2015 after decker and marshall, you had quincy enunwa and kendrall thompkins?

how many teams have 1,049 career receptions, 13,552 career receiving yards, and 86 career receiving TDs out of their #3-5 WRs?

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Marshall no one can question was amazing for us and play amazing...decker was good for us too, but lets not act like they are significantly better than what we have now, that is make believe. Here is the reality check, imagine they are our WRs last year. How you think they woudl have done? They woudl have been thown to late and missed just liek wilson was. 

Wilson/Davis = Marshal/Decker - its liek a perfect comparison.

I think you are way wrong here, but this season will show is correct. I think you after this season, there will be no doubt that this is the better WR crew. We have not only the same abilities but this one can do things yester years cound not. Hardman and Lazrd add alot of flexibility with what we can actually do a speedster and big body WR. They will contribute. Mark my words.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I think you are underrating our WRs but that's okay, they have to go out and prove it. Hopefully you are completely wrong, which is where I lean. Also, how was GB's defense while AR was there? From what I recall, they were middle of the road or worse which, in the playoffs, is a big deal. Special teams was a disaster from what I've read as well. So yeah, I think GB just did not do a good job of building a complete team during his career but the Jets seem to have a very good defense and solid offense. 

On 7/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

We are on our 3rd offense since JD started, the latest being a pure west coast offense.

Mims is a body catcher, he was in college, he is in the pros. That is not a good fit for any offense.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Looking at the wide receiver room: 

1 Wilson 

2 Lazard 

3 Hardman 

4 Davis 

and some want/wanted Davis gone. I think the jets should’ve added another proven guy at this position 

One of my very few complaints of the offseason. 

No one saw this coming, but I thought the jets should’ve added somebody even with CD84. This room is thin. They need to get another proven guy in here!