### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Don't be an a$$hole.

If I started ripping on any other religion, people would go nuts on me.   All he asked was to not use that particular phrase.   There are dozens of other phrases that you would not use because people find it offensive, but you, the internet tough guy, choose to use one on purpose that you know some of us find offensive.

But this is exactly why he’s out of line. Now we have feels. It’s not that hard to turn the other cheek is it ?

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That second Zach Wilson series where he threw it as hard as he could into the sideline on third down broke me to the point where I had to vent. 

LOL...

Most exciting offseason ever...amazing things happening.  M.I.A..

Zach Wilson misses a WR in a pre-season - in an otherwise solid outing, and you're compelled to come back to attack him.

Welcome back!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

But this is exactly why he’s out of line. Now we have feels. It’s not that hard to turn the other cheek is it ?

Aren’t you the guy who went apesh*t and wanted me banned for making a Ginger reference?
Something along the lines of “I have red hair and I yada yada….”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I would have thought they'd have given Zach more than the first quarter. The bottom line with him is inability to sustain the offense. His turnover numbers actually improved. He just hasn't been able to move the chains and keep the offense on the field consistently. He looked OK yesterday and that one 50 yard pass was a great throw. I think one of the commentators said that Rodgers called that play. The team put up 6 points while he was on the field thanks to the PK. But what can he do for a longer haul. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I know it’s one bullsh*t preseason game, but it’s striking how little movement there was in this scheme, especially as compared to last year. It felt claustrophobic almost. Even the run game is all dives and counters. Presuming that’s the Downing/Carter influence.

As always, it’s hard to say because there is zero game planning involved in a normal pre-season game, and there’s even less when the HOF game is involved.

When looking at the QBs and the offenses run by these 3 guys in the past, Bortles, Tannehill, & Rodgers all moved around a decent amount.  I think we’re gonna see some things that are new and incorporate a lot of what Rodgers likes into the passing game, but the running game should be very similar to what we ran under MLF.  The offense, as a whole, contains outside-zone principles where you want to disguise the formation so that run and pass look the same.

Overall, when the bullets start flying, we’ll see more of what we were expecting and have a better idea of the identity we will have, schematically.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As always, it’s hard to say because there is zero game planning involved in a normal pre-season game, and there’s even less when the HOF game is involved.

When looking at the QBs and the offenses run by these 3 guys in the past, Bortles, Tannehill, & Rodgers all moved around a decent amount.  I think we’re gonna see some things that are new and incorporate a lot of what Rodgers likes into the passing game, but the running game should be very similar to what we ran under MLF.  The offense, as a whole, contains outside-zone principles where you want to disguise the formation so that run and pass look the same.

Overall, when the bullets start flying, we’ll see more of what we were expecting and have a better idea of the identity we will have, schematically.

I’m wondering if they skew more toward what we’ve seen out of the Titans offense, but with more of a lean toward what Rodgers wants to do in the passing game. I don’t think we’ll see a lot of the sprint-out stuff because—I’m guessing—Rodgers wants no part of that life anymore. 

11 hours ago, jetfan40yrs said:

I ask you to stop using the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain on this site. No one will be found guiltless at the judgment who uses the Savior-of-the-world's name in vain. Without Him, you don't enter into eternal life! He gave His all for you to enter heaven. Don't reject it!

Jebus Christ

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Aren’t you the guy who went apesh*t and wanted me banned for making a Ginger reference?
Something along the lines of “I have red hair and I yada yada….”

What you're saying is, he opened up a can of ginger wail on you?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jetfan40yrs said:

I ask you to stop using the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain on this site. No one will be found guiltless at the judgment who uses the Savior-of-the-world's name in vain. Without Him, you don't enter into eternal life! He gave His all for you to enter heaven. Don't reject it!

Gross

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Don't be an a$$hole.

If I started ripping on any other religion, people would go nuts on me.   All he asked was to not use that particular phrase.   There are dozens of other phrases that you would not use because people find it offensive, but you, the internet tough guy, choose to use one on purpose that you know some of us find offensive.

Honestly....2 of the main rules on this board are no politics and no religion. He should keep his religious beliefs away from our posts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Honestly....2 of the main rules on this board are no politics and no religion. He should keep his religious beliefs away from our posts. 

Honestly, he just said, "Please don't use this phrase in this way, it is offensive to me."

1 hour ago, Larz said:

IMG_7026.jpeg

If Carter Warren can come along quickly, he can change the complexion of this team’s immediate future. He was a dude who Brandon Thorn (OL draft guru guy) really liked in the process, and Warren had a ton of experience starting for Pitt. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

If Carter Warren can come along quickly, he can change the complexion of this team’s immediate future. He was a dude who Brandon Thorn (OL draft guru guy) really liked in the process, and Warren had a ton of experience starting for Pitt. 

How many years did we read beat writers’ takes on rookies, saying they looked bad, then we watched them in preseason and they looked bad, yet we all looked the other way and hoped for the best?  

In a small sample the rooks did well last night.  Maybe they drafted 2 starters on the OL.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I still have to rewatch with an eye on him specifically (focused mostly on Tippmann), but I thought Warren held up very nicely in pass pro. Interested in how he did in the run game, which was supposed to be his weakness coming out.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His quickness really jumped out to me. 

• Upvote 1