NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I must be watching a different ZW than most of you.  I stand by my comment that he showed a lot of progress today.

Only because the bar was so low for him to begin with.

As I jokingly said earlier (but there’s truth to it):  He started the season as the 59th best QB and now he’s QB48.  Progress? Sure.  Is he moving the needle significantly?  No.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

ZW is getting everyone fired this off-season. I like JD but ZW was an all time blunder. But sticking with the kid is even more egregious. He should have been cut in the off-season.  He is not salvageable 

In truth if it wasn't for finally hitting on last year's top 10, JD probably would've already been deservedly gone.  No idea where the hype ever came from this guy, but all it took is a moment of there being any degree of expectations for this team, for people to now realize how bad many of "his guys" really are.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

In truth if it wasn't for finally hitting on last year's top 10, JD probably would've already been deservedly gone.  No idea where the hype ever came from this guy, but all it took is a moment of there being any degree of expectations for this team, for people to now realize how bad many of "his guys" really are.

Last year's draft?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

This offensive game plan is a  joke and I never thought I would say this but Mike McCarthy is outcoached the hell out of us.

Dan Quinn didn't have much to game plan for when your QB makes 3 good plays.

I better not here this is our guy moving forward one more ******* time ./ 

Far more disturbing that the 'good 'parts of our team got utterly owned.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Belichick kicking Wilson’s a$$ next week as boos rain down at MetLife is something Douglas can’t afford.

Make a trade for someone legitimate and stop d**king around.  

Wilson is going to get choked out next week, but the Cowboys are S-tier right now. I do think they’ll need a new QB soon because the team is going to drown Zach in the cold tub at some point. I would wait and see if they can reel in a Cousins, even though I hate Cousins. I feel bad for the rest of the team right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Importantly he wasn’t the reason they lost.  They were down 18-10 at half and got the ball in the 2nd half.  First play, run, loses a few yards as usual.  Next play sack.  Then penalty.  The team should have come out firing like the 2 minute drill.  Not that it matters, jets are not making the playoffs with this qb

2 minute drill is a funny thing. Defenses will play soft to let you run some clock. Dallas had a nice lead, only bent, they didn't break. And part of that is Wilson's CV is he isn't competitive. So probably creeped in Dallas D's thought process; keep receivers in front of you but don't let them into the end zone. Dallas going for 2 so early was another example of how disrespected the Jets were.