New York Jets secret

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

Despite all the hysteria, the Jets have not been eliminated from the playoffs.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

Thank you for being rational. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

With healthy weapons last year, not half bad 5-1. Once injuries kicked in it went to sh!t. 

You have to remember though, there was still some belief in the organization about Zach Wilson at that time.  That is dead now.  The team knows its heading to a gunfight with a knife.  That means alot when you have completely lost faith in the qb.

We had players in the locker room shout, 'Its not the same," to Zach Wilson on Sunday.  Could you imagine any other locker room having to do that after you played terrible and threw 3 picks.  Good grief................

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

I never agree with @Joe W. Namath here, but this time it's hard not to. Honestly, what has this regime produced besides mountains of propaganda? Objectively speaking, they have been an outright disaster, save the 2022 draft. The OL still stinks. The traded for an old man QB and had absolutely no back up plan in case he got injured which unfortunately he did 5 minutes into the season. This past draft looks like another disaster as well.

Sorry, I hate to be negative nelly here, but I have no feeling at all of much positive happening here for the next 4 months. I do, however, have that disgusting feeling that I have had every football Sunday for the last 10-11 years where I feel we have 0 chance to win every week. It's so bad in my head and stomach right now, that I might have to go out Sunday and pay no mind to the next aggravating beating this organization takes from that assfart Bellidick. it never f****ng ends.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jets are 1-1, and 1-0 in the division with the loss being an out of conference game. They are playing a mediocre (but very well coached) divisional team at home in a game the Jets should win.

It must be a secret because y'all act like we are 1-8 and about to be eliminated from the playoff hunt.

Every team is basically a different team the first 4 weeks until things get locked in. The Jets are exceedingly talented. Last week was not what the Jets will be going forward.

I don't believe it.  I just don't.  Let me explain something. 

The NFL is a passing/QB league.  No QB = No team = No chance.

The Jets have the worst starting QB in the league.

It's over. 

53 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Too rational.  Many fans can’t see the forest for the trees. At this point things can go any number of ways and that’s why it’s best to take one game at a time.  Beat the patsies and then move onto the next. A team like Dallas looks pretty dominant right now but look again in a few weeks when there will be players lost to injury or they play teams that can handle parsons. This goes for any 2-0 team right now.

• Upvote 2

OP is correct in what he is saying from an objective POV.

However, a longstanding history of absorbing kicks to the nuts has destroyed the will to hope and dream in the Jets community. Anything other than consistent and sustainable improvement of results from this team will continue the gonadal pain that stings these here parts.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have to remember though, there was still some belief in the organization about Zach Wilson at that time.  That is dead now.  The team knows its heading to a gunfight with a knife.  That means alot when you have completely lost faith in the qb.

We had players in the locker room shout, 'Its not the same," to Zach Wilson on Sunday.  Could you imagine any other locker room having to do that after you played terrible and threw 3 picks.  Good grief................

Bingo and we have nothing to go on to expect better results from our QB. I mean...you're not winning many games in this league with at least a decent QB, let alone a historically terrible one. So, until proven otherwise how can this fanbase expect success out of this season?

I think we all would love to be proven wrong, but Dallas was more of the same when it was sold to us "things had changed for the better."

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think people should look at this board like a locker room.  Guys gain and lose confidence like crazy.  It is up to leadership to put them in the right place and right mindset to succeed and not to fall apart at the first sign of adversity.  This board was basically in convulsions by play 5 of week 1.  How did the team keep it togther and win?  You guys can hate on Saleh all you want, but his leadership is way better than the sh*t that we got here from our erstwhile "captain."  @Joe W. Namath I am looking at you!  For all of you complaining about the team and staff that Joe Douglas put together look no further than @T0mShane who picked that shirker.  How does he get off unscathed?

A captain should be honest with his troops.  Im not going to feed you a sh!t sandwich and tell you its a filet mignon.

If that bothers you, so be it.  I sleep well at night knowing I speak the honest truth.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I definitely missed that, can you post where you saw that. Would love to know which players are making those comments

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1703609956207902961?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1703609956207902961|twgr^1e69caa59cdb2d474bad873eafd4ca83e83c4598|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F16mg0lz%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

When Zach Wilson walked into the locker room after the game, five of his offensive teammates surrounded him. Garrett Wilson put his arms around him. They encouraged him. As Wilson walked away, Tyler Conklin shouted: “We can all see, it’s not the same.” The numbers might not show it, but Wilson showed some signs of life. The rest of the team, for the most part, did not. And if the #Jets are going to compete against good teams, that obviously can’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1703609956207902961?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1703609956207902961|twgr^1e69caa59cdb2d474bad873eafd4ca83e83c4598|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F16mg0lz%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

When Zach Wilson walked into the locker room after the game, five of his offensive teammates surrounded him. Garrett Wilson put his arms around him. They encouraged him. As Wilson walked away, Tyler Conklin shouted: “We can all see, it’s not the same.” The numbers might not show it, but Wilson showed some signs of life. The rest of the team, for the most part, did not. And if the #Jets are going to compete against good teams, that obviously can’t happen.

What does that mean? Its not the same???

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

I want to believe this. I really do, but the track record of this QB doesn't give me much confidence that things will be different this year. The defense and running game will have to be spectacular every week to compensate to for Zack's many deficiencies in order to get W's.  Here's to hoping! :cheers: 

1. Can anyone here imagine Deon Sanders being used to play zone 70% of the time?  When zone isn't working, man up and have Sauce take the other team's best offensive weapon out of the game.  Adjust your scheme or add a new one to incorporate this.

2. Do we really believe Zach will make the improvements needed to lead this team to the playoffs?  That he suddenly is ready after being told to sit a year?  The reason why many of us on this board wanted a quality backup QB like smart teams have

3. Does anyone really think the lights will suddenly turn on for Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern (who the market valued accordingly) and Uzomah?  This isn't a 2 game trend line.  The lights need replacement and there are actually legitimate options to replace them with, starting with AVT to Tackle, Tippmann to Center and McGovern/Schweitzer to Guard (possibly their best positions).

Note:  If you do believe the lights will turn on, call me.  I have a used car and old bag of crappy ... I mean mint golf clubs to sell you.

4. Is it not fair to question a coaching staff that just employed one of the most amateurish game plans ever?  Let the other team's best offensive and defensive players beat us without even trying to slow them down?  Failed to leverage our one offensive strength ... running right behind AVT, Becton and Ruckert.

5. Don't even get @Sperm Edwards started on Mosley.

Some here demand better than the same old Jets.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You are too reactionary to be a captain 

You will be happy I will create a place of refuge with the Defcon 4 thread on Sunday around 4:00pm EST.

I expect to see you there and looking forward to your contributions to help us all get through this.

There will be no hiding and no excuses in the Defcon 4 thread.  It is open season.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1