Props to Breece Hall

slimjasi

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He’s the best Jets running back I’ve ever seen 

He's a special talent.  

I wouldn't put him above Curtis Martin or John Riggins just yet tho.

But by god we should be using more of him, he's a game-changing talent if he can stay healthy.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He's a special talent.  

I wouldn't put him above Curtis Martin or John Riggins just yet tho.

But by god we should be using more of him, he's a game-changing talent if he can stay healthy.

Well, he should be so lucky to have Curtis Martin’s career, but he’s easily more talented, IMO. Curtis just didn’t have this kind of explosiveness.

he’s the most talented back the franchise has had since Riggins 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, he should be so lucky to have Curtis Martin’s career, but he’s easily more talented, IMO. Curtis just didn’t have this kind of explosiveness.

I think you may be forgetting what peak-Martin looked like, when he could completely take over a game and put 200+ yards up.

And he had the strength and durability to do it all game long, carry after carry, which the Jets SEEM fearful Hall can't do.

No slight to Hall.  I absolutely love Hall.  I was the biggest "we must draft Hall" guy on JN, to be clear. :)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Marcus Allen

Yeah I think I agree

spent last 3 hours trying to give him

a comparable past RB

He has all the vision, one cut power always falling forward and inches from a breakaway every play, it’s that long graceful stride with world class speed that’s memorable

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BagdadRobert said:

Yeah I think I agree

a comparable past RB

He has all the vision, one cut power always falling forward and inches from a breakaway every play, it’s that long graceful stride with world class speed that’s memorable

Yup..if the older guys remember him...

Just smooth...just hits a hole and floats...It's like he's walking on air.  Marcus Allen had that..My best comparison..

10 minutes ago, BagdadRobert said:

Yeah I think I agree

a comparable past RB

The guy I landed on was Eric Dickerson.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, BagdadRobert said:

but tiki said he doesn’t have 4.4 speed 🙄 … & according to some here, announcers are always rigjt. 🙄

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Breece has a devastating jump cut in the hole. Martin had an ankle drag in the hole.

Breece is fun to watch.  His running style is so smooth it's uncanny.  I haven't seen many running backs that can juke/cut as smooth as he does.  I see other running backs over emphasize their moves which slows them down and allows defenses to react/catch-up.  (Honestly, Garret Willson does this sometimes rather than a one move and go.) Breece just moves a certain way and hits top speed so quickly.  I think this is why he is considered "sneaky" fast - that he can hit his top speed so quickly from a move.  There were a couple plays yesterday where he ran past a defender waiting for him in the hole without much of a move, like his acceleration was faster than their ability to react. 

• Upvote 1

As one of the oldest living Jets fans on the board I have seen this team trot out a lot of pretty damn good running backs and I think that if he can play in this grueling sport for 10 seasons Breece Hall will be maybe the best or 2nd best Jets RB in this team's history. The only other back who could rip off long TD runs like Breece Hall has shown us in this short period of time is Curtis Martin. As far as average yards per carries no one comes close. We have a potential all-time great on this Jets team guys, now if he can manage to stay healthy

Matt Snell, Emerson Boozer, John Riggins*, Carl Garrett, Clark Gaines, Ed Marinaro, Kevin Long, Scott Dierking, Bruce Harper, Freeman McNeil, Dwayne Crutchfield, Mike Augustyniak, Johnny Hector, Marion Barber, Tony Paige, Roger Vick, Brad Baxter, Blair Thomas, Johnny Johnson, Richie Anderson, Adrian Murrell, Curtis Martin*, Leon Johnson, Lamont Jordan, Thomas Jones, Ladainian Tomlinson*, Bilal Powell, Chris Ivory, Matt Forte, Bam Knight, Ty Johnson 

*-Pro Football Hall of Famers

13 hours ago, hawk said:

He is a threat to go to the house every touch.  Reminds me of Leveon bell pre diva.

32 yards from 200, up by 3, in 4 min offense and he is on the sidelines.

Someone please explain this to me.

That along with bringing Dalvin Cook in inside the 10 WTF was that ?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That along with bringing Dalvin Cook in inside the 10 WTF was that ?

Cook needs to be cut.

It would put a lot more pressure on the defense if our #2 RB was also a threat to take it to the house on any play. Put Izzy in FFS! Look at what the Fins do w/Achane. Not saying Izzy = Achane, just saying we should have the young explosive back in there like they do.

As for Breece - he's the most talented Jets RB I've seen. I think he's definitely more talented than C. Martin. Just needs to stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jetsons said:

but tiki said he doesn’t have 4.4 speed 🙄 … & according to some here, announcers are always rigjt. 🙄

Yeah, that jumped out at me as he was clocked at 4.39 speed during the combine. Maybe he's a tick slower after his injury but Tiki said it like he's always been above 4.4 speed which is wrong.

• Upvote 1