Rapport: Rodgers eyeing week 16 return?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think it would be insane to let AR8 play again this year but it might happen.  If he comes back and gets hurt again, that might be it for him for good.  OTOH, it would allow us to cut all of his hand-picked players and just continue building the team.  

F8194B19-DA70-4E43-977B-6432653874B9.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

if he retires there wont be a cap hit cause he is giving up that money right? i think trading him would give up a dead cap hit.

No the retirement would give us an accelerated cap hit, f**king us completely in the short-term.

He relinquishes a lot of the money but it still hammers us cap-wise.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If this was about season tickets they would hold him out until next year 

Rushing him back and him doing bad or getting hurt wouldn't be good season ticket wise.

If the Jets lose today, they’re going to drop out of the public consciousness altogether and the tri-state sports fan is going to pivot to Knicks talk, Shohei Ohtani, and which elite QB will the Giants take at pick 2. Jets are boxed in without the self-created Rodgers storyline. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they lose today the comeback talk will make very little sense.

If they win today the Black Friday game could possibly be for first place. Insanity.

Heal up Aaron hopefully the team makes a comeback this year possible.

i hope he plays even if were out of it.

having Rodgers come back and score points and play well with the same team as Zach will save all of us this off season from hearing that it was everyones elses fault but Zach.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

if he retires there wont be a cap hit cause he is giving up that money right? i think trading him would give up a dead cap hit.

$66 million dollar cap hit in 2024. If Rodgers opts for retirement, they’d negotiate a restructure that the Jets would be paying for Bonilla style over the next four years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets lose today, they’re going to drop out of the public consciousness altogether and the tri-state sports fan is going to pivot to Knicks talk, Shohei Ohtani, and which elite QB will the Giants take at pick 2. Jets are boxed in without the self-created Rodgers storyline. 

Plus it’s too early to leak they’re looking at qbs.  Not for me but for maybe a qb whose confidence is iffy

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like sex tape time for  someone, 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson sucks, but how is he supposed to assert an iota of ownership of this offense with Rodgers parachuting in on Thursdays, getting himself involved in the playcalling, and walking through the facility like Jesus himself promising his teammates that he’s coming back to save them—but only if Zach keeps them playoff eligible? 

Zach Wilson sucks but YOU sir are having an all-pro season at JN.

• Haha 1

Rodgers will be here in 24 and 25. Sit back and enjoy the ride. To much hatred for a guy due to his off the field antics.

Grab O-line or WR in the first round. Zach will still be here for 1 more year as the backup.

Root for the jersey know matter who is wearing it.

Enjoy your football Sunday and Let’s Go Jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

But if they win today.....0107e50cb0f75d9c1fa46dfddec6eb8e.gif

Honestly we need to win today and/or Friday. If we can split one of these next 2 then we at least have a breath of life. Lose both and we're done.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

week 16? Wtf is the point lol. I guess if playoffs is possible?

2 points

1st - maybe team wont quick on ZW and somehow stay in contention until he gets back

2nd - even if season lost - he could come in and see how he steers team - if he cant move the ball either then some serious overhaul needed this off season.  Even if he comes in and is able to move the ball - they can get ideas on what they need in FA and draft for next season

good chance this season is close to over by the end of this week - so I am at the WGF stage anyway

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Same day news drop:

- Adam’s trade target in 2024

- Rodgers return this season

In other news, don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Did a great job taking the heat off Zach for another day 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

$66 million dollar cap hit in 2024. If Rodgers opts for retirement, they’d negotiate a restructure that the Jets would be paying for Bonilla style over the next four years. 

There’s something in the CBA that limits deferred compensation. I know they can do it but not to the same degree. That’s why most of those payouts are baseball players and some NBA. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There’s something in the CBA that limits deferred compensation. I know they can do it but not to the same degree. That’s why most of those payouts are baseball players and some NBA. 

Yeah, iirc it’d be a titanic dead cap charge in 24, with progressively smaller hits in 25 and 26. Rodgers walks away with a giant check in 24. I think I recall Jason Jetscap discussing it after the injury