Who is going to be QB# 2 next year?

Bronx

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Most likely scenario.  Though they could trade up in the 2nd and get someone like mccarthy who could win them games next year

Or....we get the 2nd or 3rd pick + trade down a little / still get OT + pick up McCarthy with that newly acquired 2nd rounder.

Aaron Rodgers throws a fit, retires on the spot....we somehow win the Super Bowl with our rookie QB on a path to a dynasty

Mccarthy snaps his achilles heel during the Super Bowl celebration and during the emergency surgery, the doctors find the gameplan to the opposing team hidden in his cleats. 

The NFL takes away our title, makes us replay the game the next day with our 3rd string QB, Zach Wilson. We lose 89-0 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Or....we get the 2nd or 3rd pick + trade down a little / still get OT + pick up McCarthy with that newly acquired 2nd rounder.

Aaron Rodgers throws a fit, retires on the spot....we somehow win the Super Bowl with our rookie QB on a path to a dynasty

Mccarthy snaps his achilles heel during the Super Bowl celebration and during the emergency surgery, the doctors find the gameplan to the opposing team hidden in his cleats. 

The NFL takes away our title, makes us replay the game the next day with our 3rd string QB, Zach Wilson. We lose 89-0 

I love that idea, trade back, get a 2nd and then go get one of those tier 2 qbs.  

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think if we’re picking at 2 or 3 and not getting a QB that early this would be a great alternative.

I agree.  Also wonder if they would do it from that 5-7 range if a tackle they like is there and don’t want to move out.  Still think they should trade up on day 2 to get a qb. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What will the OL be is the biggest question.

This back up QB discussion is so far overblown it's amazing.  Reality, if you lose your starting QB for the year the team isn't going anywhere.  I don't care who the back up QB is....

Build a proper OL with proper depth at positions.  Stop moving people around - OLmen aren't chess pieces.  

And have more than one weapon on the offense.

Worrying about the back up QB is just a reason to complain about nonsense.

Nick Foles, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, and Jeff Hostetler won super bowls as backups. Also, there are a handful of backups who made it to the Super Bowl. How long have you followed the sport?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

How anyone can watch the 2022 and 2023 Jets and come to this conclusion is beyond me

Trent Green goes down in preseason. Rams win Super Bowl. Bledsoe week 2, Patriots win Super Bowl.

Football Outisders had the Jets mean wins at over 10 this year with Rodgers. They were expected to be good. They decided to carry a backup who the entire planet (besides our BYU visitors) knew couldn’t play. If anything, it’s been underreported.

• Upvote 4

I think a mid level experienced vet with starting experience like Tyrod Taylor. He's on a guaranteed 8 million plus for 2023. So to get someone of that caliber they'll have to pay on that level. But look he played well and immediately got injured. I don't think Zach will return. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Trent Green goes down in preseason. Rams win Super Bowl. Bledsoe week 2, Patriots win Super Bowl.

Football Outisders had the Jets mean wins at over 10 this year with Rodgers. They were expected to be good. They decided to carry a backup who the entire planet (besides our BYU visitors) knew couldn’t l play. If anything, it’s been underreported.

Ditto last year. Who knows for sure, but if White stayed healthy, we probably beat Detroit, Jacksonville, and Miami, which would have been enough to make the playoffs.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's gonna be Zach 

We're never getting rid of this loser 

You know it and I know it Matt, this team is doomed. Aaron Rodgers will be injured again and will retire wrecking another season. While you poor suckers are forced to watch that POFS play quarterback all year again-me, I have already decided I'll NOT be watching or buying the Sunday throwaway your hard-earned money ticket or spend one red cent on Woody's Jets-until he's gone

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

This POS:

Zach Wilson understands Jets' decision to bench him: 'We're not putting up  points'

If we draft a qb in the first he's gone but if we draft someone in the 4th he'll "compete" for qb2 but will be qb3 because the jets know they can't do the same thing twice.  But you WILL see him play again because that's what the Jets do. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jigsaw89 said:

If we draft a qb in the first he's gone but if we draft someone in the 4th he'll "compete" for qb2 but will be qb3 because the jets know they can't do the same thing twice.  But you WILL see him play again because that's what the Jets do. 

The Jets will try and trade him.  But woody will not pay him to play for another team.  

i doubt we will get someone like Taylor or Tannehill because they will want top backup money in the range of 6-8 million. Zach will be the #2 but even if he goes we still have a 10 mil cap hit. 

the teams who pay top dollar for there #2 like a Brissett pay like 1 mil for there 3rd string QB. if we were to get a Taylor or someone similar it would be 18 mil for a 2nd and 3rd string QB. no way Woody does this.

the guy we will bring in will be paid between 1 an 3 million tops to be QB#3.

and Zach will play not horrible these next 5 weeks to make Woody believe they could get away with this.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Article is spot on truth. Refreshing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Actually in the time Zach's been here no other QB and that includes Flacco, Mike White, Josh Johnson, Strev, Boyle, Siemian has been able to win with this offense either.