Saleh is full of it.

GandWFan

11 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Just listened to Saleh's press conference.  What a lying sack of sh*t.  Says he told Zach what he always tells him; go sling it.  What a bunch of crap.

What about playing boring is good.  Don't turn the ball over.  

We need an offensive minded coach.  Enough these DCs who want to win 6-3 every week.

And if you are going to go with a defense first philosophy, own it.  Don't give us this bullsh*t about "Just sling it".  Even he doesn't believe it when he says it.

I see you, Robert Saleh.

he's been saying it in the press since September at least. Saleh is definitely full of crap and maybe he's telling Zach something different behind closed doors but he has been saying this in public all year.

9 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Just listened to Saleh's press conference.  What a lying sack of sh*t.  Says he told Zach what he always tells him; go sling it.  What a bunch of crap.

We need an offensive minded coach.  Enough these DCs who want to win 6-3 every week.

And if you are going to go with a defense first philosophy, own it.  Don't give us this bullsh*t about "Just sling it".  Even he doesn't believe it when he says it.

I see you, Robert Saleh.

id agree but i have no idea how much saleh has to do with the offense.  he's not the play caller as far as i know.  he's indeed full of "coach speak", but I dont know if i can rightfully blame him for the offense.  always got to remember how awful wilson has been most times.  who can you blame for that ??? wilson i sso erratic walsh would probably run 70 % of the time if he had wilson as his qb.

i see a very nice defense and elite special teams.  the jets are not a bad team with a good defense.  they are a good team with a challenged qb and awful o-line.

i'd blame jd for the line and hackett for the offense and wilson gets the blame for wilson.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.

That he may be too risk averse to achieve such a score with a young QB with turnover and game speed issues, doesn't therefore mean he desires a low scoring game. 

He would love to run up the score and pin his pass rushers' ears back, even if his preference is for a few TDs to happen via the ground game and game-managing passing over stomaching a lesser QB's lesser points. 

He wants it, but his risk profile prevents it from happening.  Agreed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

id agree but i have no idea how much saleh has to do with the offense.  he's not the play caller as far as i know.  he's indeed full of "coach speak", but I dont know if i can rightfully blame him for the offense.  always got to remember how awful wilson has been most times.  who can you blame for that ??? wilson i sso erratic walsh would probably run 70 % of the time if he had wilson as his qb.

i see a very nice defense and elite special teams.  the jets are not a bad team with a good defense.  they are a good team with a challenged qb and awful o-line.

i'd blame jd for the line and hackett for the offense and wilson gets the blame for wilson.  

So you're thinking the HC doesn't set the direction for the team.  He doesn't approve game plans.  He doesn't set acceptable risks in play calling?  Doesn't set big picture goals?

He probably doesn't design offensive plays, nor call them, but I am sure he is involved with the philosophy of how to attack offense and defense of our opponents and set the direction on how to achieve it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JagsFanJif said:

This was October 1st:

“You’ve got to back it up and just keep stacking good days after good days after good days and get to game day and get comfortable and be confident in yourself and play,” Saleh said. “Just let it rip.”

Stop

we in the middle of a lynching

truth not allowed 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

I see you, Robert Saleh.

"Sling it around" is not a philosophy anyone in NY advocates for. Zach, "letting it rip/just sling it" is something RS has mentioned along with MLF back to ZW very first practices in NY. The philosophy is "take what is there" AKA BORING. Know when to come off primary reads to give IDK your best playmaker a chance to run with the rock.... Boring? Just how any coach wants his QB to play most of the time. "Dont turn the ball over" isnt some unique philosophy zach is told to live under. That just being a QB. Its one of the top correlates to winning games. You aren't wrong that RS probably is an advocate for conservative low scoring "ugly" games... but based on what ZW has show us on gameday, how can you blame him. Even on plays when ZW is playing free, and improvising, its nothing special. More bad than good, even in the area where Z shows the most possible upside. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

I see you, Robert Saleh.

Saleh isnt going anywhere.

Accept it jet fans!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 hours ago, GandWFan said:

So you're thinking the HC doesn't set the direction for the team.  He doesn't approve game plans.  He doesn't set acceptable risks in play calling?  Doesn't set big picture goals?

He probably doesn't design offensive plays, nor call them, but I am sure he is involved with the philosophy of how to attack offense and defense of our opponents and set the direction on how to achieve it.

so why do any of us ever blame the OC or QB ?

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Totally agree with op which is why I’m still not sold on Saleh. Guy goes where the wind goes. We heard him say the boring stuff over and over 

they say different stuff in front of the team vs the sh*t they sling in front of the meda.

the teams big roster weakness is the offensive line and the qb.  i blame your pal the pretzel breaker for those failings.  he's had how many years ???

I see you, Robert Saleh.

Yep. Even in Sundays game they were moving the ball smartly, scored three tds but then only managed three fgs the rest of the way?  All gas, no brake, my azz. Saleh told the offense to play rope a dope for the last quarter.

I'm sure he wants a 2 TD+ lead, but in order to do that you need to take risks down the field, not an offense in a phone booth.  Saleh doesn't have the balls for that.  It's a control thing.  He feels like he can control the defense.  If only the offense doesn't screw it up, they will win.

How is that working so far?  How did Bowells do?

Exactly.

Except look how bad Zach’s stats have been in 3 years. Last or near last across the board. His rating, completion %, etc. that’s how jets were able to win games like against Buffalo, eagles, etc. By not letting Zach lose the game. When we have a better qb behind center, sure will be more aggressive. But can’t blame them for not taking lot of chances with 1 of worst qbs in NFL this past decade.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1